June 2013 Moms

Monday B!tchfest?

Cause I need to vent!!!!!
imageimage
Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!

Re: Monday B!tchfest?

• Ok, I'm driving centric with my hostility these days. If you are not in the furthest most turning lane, or in a turning lane, DON'T TURN! I nearly got run off the road into a person waiting to cross the road this morning because some @sswipe in a huge SUV realized they were in the wrong lane, and turned nearly into me. Go up a block jackturd. Deal with your mistake, don't nearly injure other people!!!!

Oh and this was the 4th or 5th case of this I've seen in the last 3 days. Crazy out there!

imageimage
  • Minor one...but my mom kills me on the phone.  I feel like advising her that a conversation works like this..you ask a question and then give the other person an opportunity to respond.  She just talks and talks and talks and talks....and then says she has to go.  Good chat.  We should do it again some time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm still pregnant.

That's all.  Wink

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • YakutYakut member

This is long (but I bet you're not surprised, are you?): 

I don't drive, but I experience pedestrian road rage (sidewalk rage?). The people who piss me off:

*Smokers. I b!tched about them already, but really--I'm F@)@#$)ING PREGNANT--do NOT wait and then blow smoke in my face as I'm walking by! Also, it seems like every third person outside these days is smoking, and I don't think it's just because I'm pregnant and am just now noticing it. I wish Canada would impose a really mean and excessive tax on tobacco.

*Uncontrolled little kids running, flailing arms, and biking fast on the crowded sidewalks while their parents look on with "awww" expressions as the kids narrowly miss hitting me--or else while the parents are texting or doing something else or ignoring their kids.(Again, really mad at the parents here--I know it's not the kids' fault)

*Related--parents on the subway who look on placidly as their kids sneeze on seatmates or sit there with giant flowing boogers. Or who let their kids put their filthy feet on the subway seats (or who do it themselves--ew). This seems to transcend class, gender, etc.

*People who spit outside (mostly guys). Nobody wants to see your bodily excretions, dude!

*People who won't walk around me (I'm slow these days but I keep to the side to make sure I'm not blocking anybody and they can pass). They drive me crazy when they persist in walking right behind me anyway instead of passing, and heaving sighs of annoyance at my slow pace, OR talking really loudly to each other in my ear. (Or smoking.) DH says he likes to watch people get annoyed and then gape in shock when they see how pregnant I am, since it's not apparent from the back of me.

*People who rubberneck unashamedly at my bump while walking/driving/biking by as though I'm a wreck or something. 

*People who sulk if someone gives up a seat for me and they think they deserve it more because they are 50-60 (and totally able-bodied-seeming). Actually, pretty much anybody who thinks that elevated age automatically trumps nine months of pregnancy. It's almost enough for me to be prejudiced against the almost-elderly if I'm not careful.

• jefkjefk member
    imageRissNRuss:

Ok, I'm driving centric with my hostility these days. If you are not in the furthest most turning lane, or in a turning lane, DON'T TURN! I nearly got run off the road into a person waiting to cross the road this morning because some @sswipe in a huge SUV realized they were in the wrong lane, and turned nearly into me. Go up a block jackturd. Deal with your mistake, don't nearly injure other people!!!!

Oh and this was the 4th or 5th case of this I've seen in the last 3 days. Crazy out there!

I have been extremely road-ragey the last couple months - worse than usual.  I'm chalking it up to hormones, but there really are some stupid people on the roads.

Anyway, I seriously need to b!tch about the jackass across the street who lets his cats run wild around the neighborhood.  They're in and out of his house (sometimes we'll see one or two looking out the windows, the others just congregate on the porch), gotten hit by cars, have noisy cat sex in the middle of the night, and drive my dog crazy.  Yesterday the dog was on her tie-out in the front yard (we don't have a fence... yet) and we heard her yelping - a cat was running across the front yard and across the street, and the dog was trying to get after it.  Yes, we should have been keeping a better eye on the dog, but these fricking cats can GTFO of my yard!!

• skioskio member
    I wish my body would make up its effing mind.

I had six hours of mild, erratic contractions Thursday evening. Last night, I started having real, strong, regular contractions when I went to bed. Like, the real deal, every 3 to 6 minutes. I was so excited, huge smile on my face, texted H after an hour to let him know [he was working an overnight]. I decided to go to sleep rather than stay up all night timing like an idiot, which I did the first time and regretted for the exhaustion. So, I fell asleep at 2am after almost two hours of contractions. Woke up at 3:30 to pee, had a couple, fell back asleep. Woke up at 7am...nada. Went back to sleep until 10am and I've got nothing. Just a backache and a big, fat feeling of discouragement that I can't shake. Ugh. I feel like a dummy for getting my hopes up.

ETA: I didn't have any prelabor at all, not even a single BH, with DD1, so this is all new to me and so frustrating!
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • jefkjefk member

imagekristinrae914:
    Minor one...but my mom kills me on the phone.  I feel like advising her that a conversation works like this..you ask a question and then give the other person an opportunity to respond.  She just talks and talks and talks and talks....and then says she has to go.  Good chat.  We should do it again some time.

YES!  My mom does this too and it drives me crazy!!  Sometimes I just put the phone down and let her go. 

• Everybody and their mother calling, texting, facebooking and asking if I had the baby yet every day. No! You will know when the baby comes, we're not going to keep it a secret from you! Also if I don't answer my phone right away, my mom freaks out and and thinks I'm in labor. Calm down people!

• YakutYakut member

imagekristinrae914:
    Minor one...but my mom kills me on the phone.  I feel like advising her that a conversation works like this..you ask a question and then give the other person an opportunity to respond.  She just talks and talks and talks and talks....and then says she has to go.  Good chat.  We should do it again some time.

Gaaah--this is how my dad's "conversations" go, but then he's a Narcissist (for realz, clinically speaking). He'll talk my ear off for a minimum of 40 minutes if I let him (on my dime, naturally), maaaybe ask me ONE question about my pregnancy, interrupt me with reflections on some hospitalizations he had three years ago, get very edgy if I actually try to answer his question about my pregnancy, tell me ALL about my sister's pregnancy and how superior it was to all other pregnancies, and then say he loved catching up and hearing about me and let's do it again sometime soon.

If I'm lucky, he WON'T say anything deliberately insulting. He didn't during our last "conversation" so I let him talk at me for two hours (it was his birthday).

• imagejefk:

imagekristinrae914:

YES!  My mom does this too and it drives me crazy!!  Sometimes I just put the phone down and let her go. 

spinning off on this, I've come to the realization that my mother isn't as smart as I thought she was when I was growing up.  She can't hold a conversation and to top it off, ever since she retired (8 years ago) she just sound like an extremely uneducated women (who has 2 masters degree btw).  She wanted to order us diapers online this morning and I watched her have a full blown conversation with her computer and it took her 30 minutes to complete to order.  I'm not ungrateful for her offering to buy us diapers, but I just can't believe that she is the same lady that raised 3 kids by herself.  I used to think of her being a much stronger person.

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Ive been dealing with an angry, feverish child all weekend. We had to cancel all our plans, and its really bummed me out. We havent gone out and done much in a while and this was my chance.

DH is always away with work, Army, and school, so I am stuck at home every evening on my own. I just want a little break. This fever hasnt helped. My poor little guy is hurting, and I feel powerless. I also feel like a selfish jerk, because I was upset at having to cancel our plans. Im blaming my emo self on hormones.

Marigold Celestial Nostrils to save the day with glitter and unicorn farts! Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageYakut:

*Uncontrolled little kids running, flailing arms, and biking fast on the crowded sidewalks while their parents look on with "awww" expressions as the kids narrowly miss hitting me--or else while the parents are texting or doing something else or ignoring their kids.(Again, really mad at the parents here--I know it's not the kids' fault)

I'm super patient about kids being "kids". That being said, we hit our local diner for a Saturday breakfast date this weekend and it was PACKED with kids. Ok, fine, I don't mind hearing the chatter and seeing the mess kids tend to make, whatever. What I didn't like was the family next to us (2 parents, 4 kids). 1 kid was fairly well behaved (a bit loud and excited about her waffle, but I was pretty excited when mine came out too!), but the other three were up and down running around YELLING. Neither parent said a word to them or each other the ENTIRE time we were there. Nope- they spent the entire breakfast on their cell phones. That just makes me sad, what a great time to spend with your kids- a fun family breakfast of waffles and pancakes- you wanted all those kids- interact with them for mealtime! 

I don't know... maybe I was a spoiled kid, but in my home growing up (even when my parents weren't speaking to each other) our mealtimes were precious family time- the phone did not get answered, the tv and radio were off, and we talked to each other- didn't matter the topic, it was special family time!

imageimage
  • I finally contacted my insurance about breast pumps. Yes they cover these 5 options 100%.

Problem, and where my vent comes from... I have only heard of one of the brands, and I just don't want to deal with the research. I hate "weighing my options" when it comes to things like this. You want me to pick out a paint color or furniture sure... You want me to compare 5 different pumps that come with basically completely different features and accessories when I have never used a pump and don't' know what I need from one. Great!

Two hours later, BF board, home sites, and calling friends I still have no idea.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • There's nothing I enjoy more than waking up 40 weeks pregnant on a Monday morning to take a shower and for some reason there is NO hot water. I waited 40 minutes for it to turn even warm before I gave up and just took a cold shower. And even washed my hair. I hate apartment living. 
    N

Mr. Baby's ticker

• Nothing is happening in my labor process. I'm 38 weeks and nothing. Went to the doc today and I'm sealed up like Fort Knox. Just pissed.....I thought the 2nd time around was supposed to be speedy. And I want a flucking alcoholic beverage like you wouldn't believe
  • the heat here is insane- 102 degrees today! FML

Dh is taking too long to get things done in the house. My mom arrives tomorrow morning and all this ish needs to be done!! for real!!

I can't 100% finish all my stuff when the house is a mess from DH projects- so it sits there a damn mess and drives me crazy!

I found 2 more tiny stretch marks- really?? this is my 3rd baby, he couldn't honestly share with his brothers? Still love him though, and won't hold it against him. :0)

I hate when something drops on the floor- I just stare at it and sigh because I dread bending down to pick it up.

I drove all the way to BRU last night (30 min 1 way) to return stuff, just to find they just closed!!

my feet look like shrek's feet.

I was driving last night, and people couldn't get out of my way fast enough. They drove to slow. In the left lane, instead of the right lane...people the left lane is for passing only- you better believe I am going 80 mph the second I leave my drive way more the fluck out of my way!!! also- turn your car with a purpose..I hate when people take slow turns!

Now I've gotta go clean!! all I want to do is relax all day and kick these swollen feet up!

• imageJess002:
    Everybody and their mother calling, texting, facebooking and asking if I had the baby yet every day. No! You will know when the baby comes, we're not going to keep it a secret from you! Also if I don't answer my phone right away, my mom freaks out and and thinks I'm in labor. Calm down people!

THIS!!!! Calm down well meaning family and friends! You will be notified as I have promised from the beginning!! 

• MIL wrote on my Facebook wall this am asking about my doctor appts and asking if the baby is getting ready. How am I supposed to know that?
    I'm not about to put personal information about my pregnancy up there either. Just call me. If I can't answer, I'll call you back.
  • My sugar numbers are driving me crazy!!! Last night we got a meat lovers pizza for dinner. I ate two slices and after an hour my sugar was 118. I just ate another two pieces for lunch today and my sugar was 198....wth!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH left yesterday for a week long work trip. Of course Colt didn't sleep. In still pissed at our boss for sending him.

CJ 05/29/2013

• My dad wanted to come visit for July 4th and I told him no because it was too soon after my due date.  He got all huffy with me and now I want to punch him in the face.  Sorry, but I don't think I will have the patience/energy to deal with that jacka** because I will be too busy taking care of a brand new baby.  Just come out and  help us move at the end of July like you said you would!

Here's my typical whiny pregnant rant-My feet are so swollen, my right hip hurts like crazy so I hobble around and I woke up every hour last night. I know LO needs to cook longer but I am so done.

My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• YakutYakut member
    imageRissNRuss:
    imageYakut:

I'm super patient about kids being "kids". That being said, we hit our local diner for a Saturday breakfast date this weekend and it was PACKED with kids. Ok, fine, I don't mind hearing the chatter and seeing the mess kids tend to make, whatever. What I didn't like was the family next to us (2 parents, 4 kids). 1 kid was fairly well behaved (a bit loud and excited about her waffle, but I was pretty excited when mine came out too!), but the other three were up and down running around YELLING. Neither parent said a word to them or each other the ENTIRE time we were there. Nope- they spent the entire breakfast on their cell phones. That just makes me sad, what a great time to spend with your kids- a fun family breakfast of waffles and pancakes- you wanted all those kids- interact with them for mealtime! 

I don't know... maybe I was a spoiled kid, but in my home growing up (even when my parents weren't speaking to each other) our mealtimes were precious family time- the phone did not get answered, the tv and radio were off, and we talked to each other- didn't matter the topic, it was special family time!

Oh, I'm a fan of kids being kids too! I'm just not very mobile these days, and don't like to be run into (or even almost run into) by them as I'm trying to protect my bump from their limbs or bikes. And the parents always look at me as I'm trying to keep to the side of the walkway as though I'm in their way, if they're looking at all. So it's really about the parents acting entitled, I guess. Or oblivious (the way they were in the breakfast place you went to--that's so sad!).

• imagekristinrae914:
    Minor one...but my mom kills me on the phone.nbsp; I feel like advising her thatnbsp;a conversation works like this..you ask a question and then give the other person an opportunity to respond.nbsp; She just talks and talks and talks and talks....and then says she has to go.nbsp; Good chat.nbsp; We should do it again some time.

Haha This describes EVERY female member of my family. At least two or three times during the convo they stop and say, "Are you there?? Why aren't you talking?" Our family gatherings consist of a group of really loud women squawking over top of one another for several hours. But I'm "shy" because I have no desire to play "Who Can Screech Loudest?"
  • skioskio member
    imageBaconlettucetomato:
    DH left yesterday for a week long work trip. Of course Colt didn't sleep. In still pissed at our boss for sending him.

I'm still pissed at your boss, too. Thumbs down.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • My Ex MIL, she knows that her son and I have been split up for more than 14 years and have no contact at all, can not seem to comprehend that this is not her sons baby. She has meet my FI and has been reminded for the last 9 months that this is his baby. She is insisting that she be in the delivery room, and refuses to understand why she is being told "NO".
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kgb-13kgb-13 member

I've been having BH contractions for...2 months or so now?  In the last week or so they've started to become a bit more intense, like sometimes with decent cramping or a few with a little back pain.  

But they have been fairly consistent, used to be every hour, now they seem to pick up sometimes, down to 20 minutes apart.  Now I'm irrationally talking myself into the fact that I will actually have the longest labor humanly possible and will be a slow agonizing process over 3 months. 

I have 2 weeks, 3 if I'm late, left - are these suckers just going to slowly get stronger until wham - time to deliver?  Lame.

• imagekimmy42:
    My Ex MIL, she knows that her son and I have been split up for more than 14 years and have no contact at all, can not seem to comprehend that this is not her sons baby. She has meet my FI and has been reminded for the last 9 months that this is his baby. She is insisting that she be in the delivery room, and refuses to understand why she is being told "NO".
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagekimmy42:
    My Ex MIL, she knows that her son and I have been split up for more than 14 years and have no contact at all, can not seem to comprehend that this is not her sons baby. She has meet my FI and has been reminded for the last 9 months that this is his baby. She is insisting that she be in the delivery room, and refuses to understand why she is being told "NO".

Your MIL make me fear for you! She sounds Bat S Crazy!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagekimmy42:

HOLY Bump Burp. Sorry!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageskio:
    I wish my body would make up its effing mind.

I had six hours of mild, erratic contractions Thursday evening. Last night, I started having real, strong, regular contractions when I went to bed. Like, the real deal, every 3 to 6 minutes. I was so excited, huge smile on my face, texted H after an hour to let him know [he was working an overnight]. I decided to go to sleep rather than stay up all night timing like an idiot, which I did the first time and regretted for the exhaustion. So, I fell asleep at 2am after almost two hours of contractions. Woke up at 3:30 to pee, had a couple, fell back asleep. Woke up at 7am...nada. Went back to sleep until 10am and I've got nothing. Just a backache and a big, fat feeling of discouragement that I can't shake. Ugh. I feel like a dummy for getting my hopes up.

ETA: I didn't have any prelabor at all, not even a single BH, with DD1, so this is all new to me and so frustrating!

Piggy back!! All of this! Same damn thing!!
  • And just because you know we are spending much of our last few days at home preparing for our LO to arrive... it doesn't mean you can stop over whenever you wish. Can't you just call before you make a surprise visit???
  • imageJANCANDANCE:
    Nothing is happening in my labor process. I'm 38 weeks and nothing. Went to the doc today and I'm sealed up like Fort Knox. Just pissed.....I thought the 2nd time around was supposed to be speedy. And I want a flucking alcoholic beverage like you wouldn't believe

It was almost like I typed this myself. This is def me too!
  • kgb-13kgb-13 member

Oh, and my biggest b!tch? I can't get past the quests after level 35 in Candy Crush on either my phone or iPad and I keep getting updates saying there are now 300+ levels.

Grrrrr.   

• LiLi23LiLi23 member

We had a little family outing yesterday to a local farm's strawberry festival (super fun btw).  However, I don't know whatthefuck I was doing when I put on sunblock bc the back of my neck and backs of my arms are fried.  Like I just said eff it and didn't put any there.  Wah.  Thankfully I didn't miss anywhere on DD.  Jeez.

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• kgb-13kgb-13 member
    imageamtobey:
    imagekgb-13:

Oh, and my biggest b!tch? I can't get past the quests after level 35 in Candy Crush on either my phone or iPad and I keep getting updates saying there are now 300+ levels.

Grrrrr.   

Just wait till 65....
    I was stuck on it for a month...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! 

• imageoxleylm:
    And just because you know we are spending much of our last few days at home preparing for our LO to arrive... it doesn't mean you can stop over whenever you wish. Can't you just call before you make a surprise visit???

Unannounced visitors make me super ragey.  I hate it so much.  My family doesn't do it but H's side just swings through whenever they feel like it.  I'm about to close all of the curtains and put a snarky note on the door. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've heard plenty of people say this but it's my turn now...I'm soooo sick of people asking when my last day is. I have told every single one of you that I'm working until this baby pops out! I sit behind a desk, I can be uncomfortable and still come in and sit here and get my work done! STOP ASKING ME!
    Married 3/24/12
    #1 Born 6/14/13
    #2 Due 11/1/16

• imagekristinrae914:

imageoxleylm:
    And just because you know we are spending much of our last few days at home preparing for our LO to arrive... it doesn't mean you can stop over whenever you wish. Can't you just call before you make a surprise visit???

Unannounced visitors make me super ragey.  I hate it so much.  My family doesn't do it but H's side just swings through whenever they feel like it.  I'm about to close all of the curtains and put a snarky note on the door. 

This is why we have the 60 miles from family rule for living. My mom/stepdad are notorious for "dropping by" to visit. It makes me SO uncomfortable when people do that. It's one thing when a friend/family member is legitimately driving through your neighborhood, sees you outside and pulls over to say hello, it's a complete other thing to just drop in on people. 

Also, my mom/stepdad did that to my older sister when she had her second (they were still in the hospital). They "cleaned" their house for them- and threw out (like took to the dump) some very sentimental items that were out on tables, etc. We do not share keys to our home because of that.

imageimage
  • LiLi23LiLi23 member

imageMrsAuby:
    I've heard plenty of people say this but it's my turn now...I'm soooo sick of people asking when my last day is. I have told every single one of you that I'm working until this baby pops out! I sit behind a desk, I can be uncomfortable and still come in and sit here and get my work done! STOP ASKING ME!

Dude, this drives me IN.SANE.  I get it daily now, too.  Or, "why are you still here?!"  Um, bc I haven't had a baby yet and I'm ok with sitting behind my computer all day, thankyouverymuch. 

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• jefkjefk member

imagebaby Gs mommy:
    Mine is that I want to clean the house, since I'm off work for this week. LO will be here next week but my mom and Dh think I should just rest. Really?!? I haven't nested this whole pregnancy, let me be! I want to clean, pack my bags, and get the babys room done within the next couple days. Get off my back, unless you want to do it all!! OK... Vent over

That was me the first two days of my maternity leave.  I've been home for two weeks and now I'm bored because I did everything right away!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"