2nd Trimester
Options

When did you get stretch marks?

I am 22 weeks and I think I am starting to get tiny stretch marks around my hip bones.  I've only gained about 6 pounds so I don't understand why I would be getting them.  They look like little white swiggley lines and are barely noticeable.  My husband says they aren't stretch marks but I am more critical and think they are.  When did you first notice stretch marks?

Re: When did you get stretch marks?

• Options
    Luckily, I haven't found any so far.

Knock on wood it stays this way!
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    If they're white, they're probably old stretch mark scars from some earlier part in your life when you gained weight or grew fast.  I've got a bunch on my hips, too, but they've been there since college, and that's what they look like.  All the pictures I've seen of stretch marks on pregnant women are pink or red.

Iris born Halloween 2013! 6 lbs, 1 oz, 18 inches long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    March 24bimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got mine at 33weeks and up with my first. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have 2 on the underside of my bump.  Crossing my fingers that is all I get.
  • Options
    MEP923MEP923 member
    With my first I only got them on the top of my legs. I can't remember when I first noticed them but somewhere between 25-30 weeks. I hope I get that lucky again.

imageimage

• Options
    kdjuddkdjudd member
    With my first, I got stretch marks at about 36 weeks. I was so disappointed because I thought I wasn't going to get any :(
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    None until AFTER giving birth.  So don't get your hopes up if you make it to the end with none.  Sorry for the buzz kill.  I thought I was going to be one of those lucky ones and they popped up when I least expected them.  Although, they're not THAT bad.  Hoping I don't get too many more with this one. 
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • Options

imagehjweber:
    None until AFTER giving birth.  So don't get your hopes up if you make it to the end with none.  Sorry for the buzz kill.  I thought I was going to be one of those lucky ones and they popped up when I least expected them.  Although, they're not THAT bad.  Hoping I don't get too many more with this one. 

THIS! It's like a horror movie where the zombies keep creeping up out of nowhere and they keep coming with no end in sight!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    None yet *knock on wood* :)
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

• Options
    Puberty. I got stretch marks during puberty 
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Options

imagekatiebenes:

Hahaha! Ditto this.

I started getting them around 12wks, and I didn't gain any weight until 18wks.

• Options
    10 years old. So I am imagining I am going to get a lot! My mum didn't get any though, so you never know!
    FYI new stretch marks will be pink/red. Old ones will look white or sorta silvery.
  • Options
    Mine appeared about 35 weeks last time.
  • Options

None yet! But I'm preparing for the worst. 

My SIL was stretch mark free up until she started pushing. 

BFP 12/17/2012
    Misdiagnosed Miscarriage 12/28/2012
    Heartbeat found 01/06/13
    It's a GIRL! 03/08/13
    Violet Noelle arrived 9/2/13
  • Options
    mmm50mmm50 member

I just noticed a couple this week.  And have only gained 1 to 2 pounds, so weight gain has almost nothing to do with it.  I had a few on my boobs from puberty and my mom has tons from having 4 kids, so I knew I was in for it.  

I also think your white, barely noticeable ones are old ones (that's how the few on my chest that are old look).  The new ones on my belly are pink. 

• Options
    I didn't. Knock on wood, hopefully I'll be as lucky this time too.
  • Options
    not until 36, 37 weeks. i thought i was in the clear and lucky............ they showed up overnight ugh

• Options
    32 weeks and still have none. 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• Options

imagekatiebenes:

Haha - yup!  I started getting more around week 10/11, even though I hadn't gained any weight yet (and still, I've only gained 3lbs so far).

I've got terrible genes :-p 

ETA: oh, and what PPs said, white lines are probably old stretch marks.  New stretch marks are pink to purple-ish. 

• Options
    None yet and none with my first so keeping my fingers crossed for this one!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"