August 2013 Moms

Thank You Note Timing

Hi Ladies,

My baby shower was this weekend and i want to get started on thank you notes asap but part of me wants to wait till the baby is born so i can put a picture of the baby. A friend of mine did this and i thought it was cute, but she had her shower when she was like 36 weeks and im only 31.

I know i probably wont have time to write them when the baby is here so I was thinking I would get them all written and addressed and when baby comes i can slip pictures in and send them.  

Do you think it is to long to wait?

Should i just send thank yous now and then send out a seperate birth announcement when baby is here?

TIA for your thoughts

Re: Thank You Note Timing

• I think that's too long. I'd send the TYs now and announcements after babe's arrival. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm a sucker for saving stamps too but that may be a bit too long.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBelhurstBride:
    I think that's too long. I'd send the TYs now and announcements after babe's arrival.nbsp;

Yes this. I'd worry that I had been forgotten if I didn't receive a thank you until 2 months after the shower.
    Fwiw, I always try to send mine out within 2 weeks after a party or shower.
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBelhurstBride:
    I think that's too long. I'd send the TYs now and announcements after babe's arrival. 

Agreed!  

• Along with what others have said of it being too long of a wait, I'd think there's a higher chance of forgetting altogether once baby comes also. 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• imageBelhurstBride:
    I think that's too long. I'd send the TYs now and announcements after babe's arrival. 

Yuuup.

I always try to have my envelopes addressed before the shower ever happens (did this with my bridal shower). That way, when I get home from the party, MH can go through everything, put it away, and when he holds something up, I say who it's from and write the note right then. Seriously, I had some record time for my bridal shower TY's! People were impressed (which kind of bit me in the @ss when my wedding came around, but whatever...)!

• imageBelhurstBride:

Agreed. I like to send thank you's out within a week of the event. I wouldn't ever want to appear ungrateful.

"The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • I'd send the thank yous now and send an announcement after the baby is born. I like to get out thank you notes pretty promptly. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Send them ASAP!
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I always try to get mine out ASAP, simply so I don't forget them. 

I say send them now and just send a birth announcement after baby's here.

• I would send them seperately... I think people deserve quick reply to let them know that you appreciate their gift and for coming to your shower.

My first shower was a week from Saturday and my last shower was this past Saturday.  I'm nearly done with my thank yous and hope to have them all out by the end of the week.

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Thanks ladies , I had a feeling it was too long. Thanks for confirming :) Also kudos to those of you who are so proactive lol! Ill try to get them out before the end of next week
  • imagetanabeans:

Should i just send thank yous now and then send out a separate birth announcement when baby is here?

you just answered your own question.  This is what I'll be doing, too :)

photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• imageBelhurstBride:
    I think that's too long. I'd send the TYs now and announcements after babe's arrival.nbsp;

This.

• I'm a big stickler on thank you's so I would send them out ASAP than birth announcements. If you had your shower at like 38w then I'd say send it all out at once. I think it will make you look ungrateful not sending them out for 2 months.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"