March 2013 Moms

I'm bored, let's get to know each other!

DH and LO are sleeping and I'm pumping. Lets get to know eachother! I used to be a camp counselor so I have this weird obsession with icebreaker games. Quick: 5 fun facts about yourself!

1. I met DH by complete luck. We were both forced to go to a party we didn't want to go to by the save mutual friend. Two days later he asked me on a date and by the end of the week, I knew he was the one!

2. I am obsessed with Harry Potter. I even have a Harry Potter tattoo!

3. I love horses, so does DH. Our dream is to run a guest ranch. I can't wait until LO is old enough to get a pony and learn how to ride!

4. I recently enrolled in school again so I can finish my bachelor's degree and then go to vet school.

5. I love telling anyone who will listen all about how much I love using cloth diapers!

Your turn!!! :

Re: I'm bored, let's get to know each other!

• Hmmm 5 random facts.... mobile bumping so this will probably be formatted all weird.

1. DH and I agreed that we will have to fib a bit about our meeting. I was married when we met.

2. I have a Star Wars tattoo on my ankle and briefly considered naming our son Sky Walker

3. I only need to drop 15 more lbs to get back to my goal weight

4. I hate the heat of SoCal

5. Lastly I still have no idea what my LOs cries mean.
  • 1. the hubby and i met when we were 8, our fathers were in a band together.  we became best friends in high school, then started dating in college. been together six years, married for three.

2. i'm from a rural country area, but we moved to the greater philadelphia area about a year ago. i hate it. i haven't made any friends, and it's lonely with just me and the baby all day.

3. i am obsessed with the Game of Thrones tv series! 

4. i have a BA in psych, but am taking some time off of working to be a sahm.

5. i absolutely love harry potter and star wars, just not tattoo status love :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This is fun!

1. My dh and I were married July 7, 2012. Lo was born March 22, 2013...which is two weeks shy of 9 months from our wedding day. Since you're not pregnant for the first two weeks of the 40 it makes us look like we got pregnant before our wedding. So that's been fun. Jamaica baby. :

2. I am also obsessed with Harry Potter.

3. I am terrified of bees. One day about a month ago there was one in my living room that I couldn't spray with hair spray makes the wings sticky so I took my Lo and the cat and shut us in my bedroom until dh got home and killed it.

4. I drove a VW beetle for all of my twenties and bought a mini van right after turning 30 because I wanted more room...and cup holders. My sister bought my bug, which helped me get over the loss.

5. Snoring makes me crazy angry. like right now....rhrgagehrjdjr!
  • This is a great post!

1. My dh and I will also have to fib a bit about how we met, or at least be fuzzy on the details. It was in my party days and its a pretty sketchy story haha.

2. My childhood was rough to say the least and im seeing a therapist for the first time on Monday because now that im a mom im terrified of somehow becoming my mother and screwing my kid up. I'm nervous but excited at the same time.

3. I don't think in religious but I consider myself extremely spiritual and I've often wondered what my purpose is because I believe everyone has specific and unique reasons for being here. It might sound corny but the second my daughter was born I knew being HER mother was my purpose. Not being a mother in general, but being hers specifically.

4. I'm beyond terrified of bridges. They give me legitimate panic attacks.

5. My husband wants as many kids as I'm willing to pop out but now that I have my daughter I am pretty cemented in my decision to be one and done. I don't want to have to share my love with another child. I want to be able to completely devote myself to her and only her. Would that make me a bad mom to any potential surprise babies? I think my husband secretly thinks so.
  • 1. DH and I met on a website where we wrote Lord of the Rings flavored fiction.

2. We're huge sci fi fans. LO has a Dr. Who nursery. 

3. I have 3 tattoos - a chest piece of a locket, teddy bears, and roses, a half sleeve of a winged pig, paper airplanes, flowers and bumblebees, and a medical alert on my wrist that says "diabetic" with a bumblebee. 

4. I used to have my Class A license and drove 18 wheelers cross country for a living. The diagnosis of insulin dependent diabetes ended my career.

5. I'm almost 30 but still in college - I got a late start.

• imagesongs4drowning:
    4. I used to have my Class A license and drove 18 wheelers cross country for a living.

Me and my bff used to joke and say we were gonna be truckers! My trucker name was Large Marge and bff was Big Bertha!!
  • 1. I was a hairstylist/cosmetologist for 7 years before getting married and having kids.

2. DD and DS are 11 months apart.

3. I cook almost every night, all healthy.

4. DH and I just started p90x this past week.

5. My guilty pleasure is the Real Housewives on Bravo.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Kota26Kota26 member

1. DH and I met in our college marching band. Something about a sweaty man dressed head to toe in a sparkly polyester uniform in 90 degree weather was a huge turn on.  We knew it was fate when we ended up in the same World of Warcraft guild *sigh*

2. The first real fight that DH and I had was over whether or not a hummingbird would feed at a hummingbird feeder that was four stories off the ground and no flowers were anywhere near the building. 

3.  I really want to own a flock of chickens and mini-cows.  Our town allows chickens in residential neighborhoods, but we are just under the allowable acreage.

4. I was just offered a full time teaching job! Whoo!

5. When DH leaves for conferences I buy a whole cheesecake for myself and make sure the evidence is gone before he comes home.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageegb+jaf:
    This is a great post! 1. My dh and I will also have to fib a bit about how we met, or at least be fuzzy on the details. It was in my party days and its a pretty sketchy story haha. 2. My childhood was rough to say the least and im seeing a therapist for the first time on Monday because now that im a mom im terrified of somehow becoming my mother and screwing my kid up. I'm nervous but excited at the same time. 3. I don't think in religious but I consider myself extremely spiritual and I've often wondered what my purpose is because I believe everyone has specific and unique reasons for being here. It might sound corny but the second my daughter was born I knew being HER mother was my purpose. Not being a mother in general, but being hers specifically. 4. I'm beyond terrified of bridges. They give me legitimate panic attacks. 5. My husband wants as many kids as I'm willing to pop out but now that I have my daughter I am pretty cemented in my decision to be one and done. I don't want to have to share my love with another child. I want to be able to completely devote myself to her and only her. Would that make me a bad mom to any potential surprise babies? I think my husband secretly thinks so.

holy crap, yes!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oh man you ladies will love this one.

1. I met my husband while bartending in college. I worked at a college bar in Orlando and he was the manager. He was off when I got hired so the day we met I was wearing a bra, bunny ears, and short shorts and had the upstairs VIP bar to myself for a playboy party. Lets just say he liked what he saw, we started dating a month later. 

2. I am also obsessed with Harry Potter, no tattoos but if I want to watch TV when I am bored you can bet it is one of the Harry Potter movies.

3. I have been taking my sisters clothes instead of buying new ones. She is a bit bigger than me and I would rather where her stuff than spend $$ on my own hehe

4. My dog is named Montana, after Joe Montana (My husband named her after his favorite 49ers player), yet she is a white chihuahua who weighs 4 pounds. I call her Penny when my husband isn't home because I think it makes more sense. 2 years later he still has not figured it out. LOL

5.  I am currently 1 semester away from graduating with my Bachelor's in Sociology and my minor in Biomedical Sciences

• I love this idea! However in trying to think of just 5 fun facts about myself, I was reminded of how boring I actually am! Haha!
    1. My DH and I went to high school together but we didn't start officially dating until two days before he graduated. I graduated the year before him.
    2. I'm obsessed with watching house hunters on hgtv. Not sure why!
    3. I love that I now have a real reason to watch Disney movies instead of my DH just thinking I'm a nerd :D
    4. I don't think this is fun but maybe interesting and my friends don't even know this but I will literally cry if its nice outside and I haven't gotten to enjoy the sunshine in more than 24 hours. All I need is an hour of sunshine although I prefer more then I'm good.
    5. I have two kids and would love to have a couple more if they started at at least 2 yrs old! I'm not a fan of the newborn/infant stage so I've decided no more!
  • 1. DH is 4 years younger than me and was only 19 when we met.

2. I am currently obsessed with cheese. Right now we have cheddar, American, swiss, provolone, mozzarella and smoked gouda in our fridge. For the record they were for different recipes lol

3. I absolutely hate folding socks!! I leave them for last and have dd1 fold them.

4. I like to watch csi Miami and law and order svu reruns. I'll watch even if I've already seen the episode.

5. I go to Target at least once a week.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker image
  • 1. I hide my dirty dishes/pots in the oven if someone is coming over with little notice

2. I ended my pregnancy and my pre pregnant weight and am now 30 lbs below pre baby weight,

3. I'm a speech therapist. I think it's funny when a new dr will bring up LOs very mild tongue tie and ask if I have noticed it. I say yes, I'm a speech therapist and they go "oh never mind then." It's funny because its happened like 3 times. I think it's funny how quickly they dismiss the concern

4. I may have eaten McDonald's 1x a week since LO is born. I am lazy and I had a huge ground beef aversion when pregnant.

5. My second husband will be George Clooney... George doesn't know yet :
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageVicki3203:
    1. DH is 4 years younger than me and was only 19 when we met.

2. I am currently obsessed with cheese. Right now we have cheddar, American, swiss, provolone, mozzarella and smoked gouda in our fridge. For the record they were for different recipes lol

3. I absolutely hate folding socks!! I leave them for last and have dd1 fold them.

4. I like to watch csi Miami and law and order svu reruns. I'll watch even if I've already seen the episode.

I LOVE target. I think the staff probably roll their eyes when they see me lol "her again??!"
  • imageVicki3203:
    1. DH is 4 years younger than me and was only 19 when we met.

I love law and order svu!!!!
  • Fun!

1. My husband was supposed to be a summer fling. We lived in Lake Tahoe and he was leaving at the end of summer. 11 years together, 8 years married, and 2 kids later, here we are. And still in love! He's my best friend.

2. I was a professional dancer/showgirl for 15 years. I was in my first professional show when I was 15 years old, it was a Beatles revue.

3. I love watching Say Yes to the Dress. I have no idea why. My husband makes fun of me. As do I.

4. Although I'm a mom, I have to admit. I REeeeeeeeeally don't like going to the park. I find it so boring and my 4 year old wants to go all the time. I make my husband goEmbarrassed

5. I love doing Jillian Michael's workout videos. I absolutely hate her while I workout but feel awesome afterwards. It's a love/hate relationship kinda thingStick out tongue

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • 1) I never thought I would have wanted to be a SAHM until I went back to work.  Now that's all I can think about even though I love my job.

2) I've always wanted to compete in a triathlon even though I can't ride a bicycle.

3) I trained to become a pro golfer up until I tore the TFCC in my right wrist...10 years later and I'm still having major issues from it since I never got the surgery to fix it.

4) I am a graphic designer/photographer and also a Department Chair for Graphic Design at a local college.

5) I'm pursuing a 2nd MFA in Photography in order to be able to start a Photography program at my college.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • 1. I was also not technically single when I met DH. I don't usually bother fibbing when I tell the story though.

2. My favorite band is 311. I have seen them every time they've come through here for the past 10 years. I've also seen them in 3 other states and on a cruise ship. I discovered them through my ex boyfriend, and that makes our entire dysfunctional relationship worth it.

3. My two best friends are both getting married this fall. Their weddings are one week apart, and I am the maid of honor in both.

4. I love bad tv. I could watch reality shows all day. Pretty much anything on TLC, E, or MTV I will gladly watch.

5. I always used to think I wanted to be a young mom. I thought 30 was old and wanted to have kids by like 25. I am 28 now and so glad it took as long to get pregnant as it did. No way was I ready to have a kid 5 years ago.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         
  • imageMrsG071809:

2. My favorite band is 311. I have seen them every time they've come through here for the past 10 years. I've also seen them in 3 other states and on a cruise ship. I discovered them through my ex boyfriend, and that makes our entire dysfunctional relationship worth it.

Are you from Omaha, or just a 311 fan? All of the 311 fans I know are from here, too.

BabyFruit Ticker

• 1. DH was my friends's brother's friend in HS. We always saw each other around, but I never noticed him. He kida waited for me through a string of BFs in high school and college, none of which he thought were good enough for me. We went on our first date when he was 19 and I was 20. I had a gut feeling that night that I was going to marry him.

2. I also used to write fanfiction. Actually, up until a few months before LO was born, I would still occasionally post in my fandom of choice. Which I'm not sharing.

3. I found out I was accepted into an accelerated nursing program the same day I got my BFP. I declined because of it. I assumed I could reapply and be accepted this year...instead, for some reason, I got the first rejection letter of my life. And bawled.

4. DH and I eloped on Coronado Island 6 months before our wedding date. Best decision ever!

5. My biggest adjustment to parenthood has been that my life no longer revolves completely around running. I used to even plan my work and clas schedules around my training schedule for whatever race I had planned next.

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageMrsG071809:

4. I love bad tv. I could watch reality shows all day. Pretty much anything on TLC, E, or MTV I will gladly watch.

5. I always used to think I wanted to be a young mom. I thought 30 was old and wanted to have kids by like 25. I am 28 now and so glad it took as long to get pregnant as it did. No way was I ready to have a kid 5 years ago.

Me too to both! I love a lot of reality shows. I think it's because it's such mindless entertainment and I also don't usually have to follow along from week to week (like one has to do with a drama) to know what's going on.

I wanted to be married by 23 with children on the way by 25. I didn't even meet my DH until I was 25 and had my first babe at 31. As nice as it would have been to be a young mom, I'm glad I wasn't because I don't think I would have been ready for it.

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • 1. DH and I met online 6 years ago...not on a dating website but rather on hotornot.com! lol After our first date, which was all day long, I told one of my best friend's that I met the man I was going to marry. Three years later, we did just that! :)

2. Aside from DS, I have two stepchildren. My SS is 11 and my SD is 7. They moved in with us last July but my SD moved back to be with her mom a few months ago.

3. I have my Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology and my Bachelor of Education (Elementary) degree. I'm thinking about getting my Masters of Ed...someday.

4. Although I'm a full-time teacher (on maternity leave until 2014), I make homemade perogies as a side "business".

5.I'm an only child and thought I might only want one or two children someday...but DH and I already have three and I think I want one more!

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • 1. I met my Hubs through friends. . . on MySpace.

2. I am a school psychologist in a high school. I really like teenagers and kind of can't wait until my little guy is a teen. Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be a jerk teenager. 

3.  I love bugs and if I were to go back and choose another career I would be an entomologist. I do hate mosquitoes though. When I was little my parents called me Katy the Bug Lady because I would spend hours looking for and identifying insects in my bug book.

4. I would really like to get a tattoo of a dragonfly this summer.

5. I am madly obsessed with True Blood and am SO EXCITED that it is starting next week. Alexander Skaarsgard Mmmmmmmmmm!

• imageJmeJme:
    imageMrsG071809:
    Are you from Omaha, or just a 311 fan? All of the 311 fans I know are from here, too.

Nope, Kansas City.  So, close :)  I did drive up to see them in Omaha years ago when they did a free show there, though!

• imageMrsG071809:

imageJmeJme:
    imageMrsG071809:

Nope, Kansas City.  So, close :)  I did drive up to see them in Omaha years ago when they did a free show there, though!

I think the last time I saw them was a free show in Memorial Park here...maybe in 2003? 2004? Omg, that just made me feel really old! haha

BabyFruit Ticker

• 1. I met my husband in college. He played baseball and I played soccer. I thought he was too good looking for me
    2. I have never read or watched Harry potter
    3. Everyone says my baby looks like her uncle and I HATE it.
    4. I want my pre baby body back!!!
    5. I love bf
    Jenny DiLo
  • imageJmeJme:
    imageMrsG071809:

imageJmeJme:
    imageMrsG071809:

I think the last time I saw them was a free show in Memorial Park here...maybe in 2003? 2004? Omg, that just made me feel really old! haha

That's the one we went to!  Yep, it was either 2003-2004....I can't remember.  We saw them in KC one night, and drove up to Omaha and saw them the next night.  Ahh, the good ol days.... ;) 

• 1. My husband and I met 6 1/2 years ago at my brother's wedding rehearsal (I was a bridesmaid, he was a groomsmen) They used to hang out in HS. I am 4 years younger so I was not noticed back in the day. We have been married this July for 4 years. 

2. I LOVVEEE Harry Potter, and my husband loves LOTR. My license plate is QDTCH24. No tattoos of HP stuff....yet. I found out I was pregnant on HP birthday, July 31st while in Maui,Hawaii!

3. I am obsessed with Income Property and most shows on HGTV (House Hunter Int'l as well)

4. I still have this strange disconnect of the baby that was in my belly and my little boy Bennett now (maybe because we didn't know what we were having when I was pregnant?) 

5. I wish Chicago weather would figure itself out, I'be been changing the thermostat from heat to cool several times in the past 2 weeks, yuck!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageguilletskichuk:

1. DH and I met online 6 years ago...not on a dating website but rather on hotornot.com! lol After our first date, which was all day long, I told one of my best friend's that I met the man I was going to marry. Three years later, we did just that! :)

One of my friends met her husband on hotornot.com, too!! They are PERFECT for eachother :)

• imagesarahbethski04:
    imageVicki3203:

I LOVE target. I think the staff probably roll their eyes when they see me lol "her again??!"

This is me and Kohls!
  • Fun!

1. My husband and I met while we were working at Sears. I was only 16 and he was 19 so he refrained from hitting on me for a couple of years. LOL. I actually didn't even like him at all when we first met. He was kind of obnoxious! But things changed and we became friends and then dated and now here we are married with a little one. Funny how life happens!

2. We lied to everyone while trying to get pregnant by telling them we weren't going to try for at least a couple of years. So when we announced that we were expecting, everyone thought it was an "accident" and didn't believe that we had planned it.

3. I have a serious handbag addiction. I have so many. Luckily for my husband, I am perfectly fine with inexpensive ones.

4. I have three tattoos; two are music related as I have played the flute since I was 9 and the saxophone since college. The third is the Boston Red Sox logo that I had done when they won the World Series in 2004. Everyone told me not to get it because it was "a fluke" and they would never do it again. Three years later... Yup, they did it again!

5. I have a serious hatred for spiders. Even the word makes me cringe. I make my husband do a very thorough "spider check" of our bedroom every night before bed.
  • LO has been sttn so tonight is my first motn bumping for a few days (and moblie so sorry for any weirdness) 1. I miss karate class but am a little afraid to return because of my BF body getting in the way.2. I don't want to go back to work tomorrow.3. My sister had cancer when I was preggo and uI am afraid to get screened even thdough I know I am fine (and I am doing it)4. I love The Hunger Gamees in addition toHarry Potter of course.5. I don't have cable but love my Roku to watch hulu amd amazon prime when I want to watch something. Thanks for a post to breathe some life back into our board.
  • Fun!!
    1 My DH and I met at a party that a friend of mine and I just dropped in on while on the way home from another party. When he walked into the room I "called dibs!" Lol
    2 I miss the summer of 2009. It was the best time of my life..I was just starting to get serious with DH. We lived in FL and would go to the beach or on the boat and jet ski multiple times a week.
    3 I miscarried three times before I had my DD. I'm not bitter or sad about them because I am completely in love with my DD and I believe everything happens for a reason.
    4 While I was pregnant with DD I found out we had to move to Houston for DH's job. When DD was two weeks old we packed up our life and relocated 900 miles away.
    5 I miss my friends and the ocean VERY much. But I love being a sahm and starting over in a new place.
  • imageegb+jaf:
    imagesongs4drowning:
    4. I used to have my Class A license and drove 18 wheelers cross country for a living.
    Me and my bff used to joke and say we were gonna be truckers! My trucker name was Large Marge and bff was Big Bertha!!

Ha ha, I love that. My handle was Betty Boom because I had a habit of backing into a dock just a wee bit quick and made a pretty loud racket. :P

• kk1160kk1160 member

For the record: 311 = heck yeah, since 6th grade!! (from TX, not Omaha) and I go to Target SEVERAL times a week. It's just too close to the house. I rarely buy stuff, but I can spend hours in there. It's my Zen place haha.

1. I've never received a vehicle/traffic ticket. I've been pulled over 3 times in my life. I joke that I just don't get caught..

2. DH and I met at a beer pong tournament in college at his old apartment. I had on inappropriately short shorts and french-braid pig tails. We began living together a few months afterward.

3. It still bothers me that my ex and my cousin are now dating. It's been about 5 years. We (family included) thought they were both homosexual. I think it's a cover-up. To each their own I guess?

4. I'm scared of horses. I got bucked off when I was very little. They're such beautiful animals, but they're so big and powerful. I'm scarred for life.

5. I have permanent ear damage from the 2 12" sub-woofers I had in the back of my Tahoe for years. Too much 'swangin and bangin'...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"