February 2013 Moms

carrier question

Are you all still carrying your LO w/ their legs in the 'froggy' position or have you started to let their legs hang down? DS will not let me wear him in the Mei Tai unless his legs are dangling. He is 18 weeks, do you think its okay not to froggy anymore. I'm worried his hips are spread to far apart, just don't wanna do any damage.

Re: carrier question

• DD is also big for her age but we've never done the froggy. I used a different carrier in the beginning, but when I started using my mei tei, I also felt bad about her legs being spread. I think it was just because it was different. We use it all the time now and she loves it. Her knees actually reach the edges of it now and dangle down... She's a big girl

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm sure this is a stupid question, but how is it possible his bum is lower than his knees if his legs are hanging? I'm new to this whole carrier thing. I also have an Ergo but haven't even gotten it out of the box yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • tdmd09tdmd09 member

imageChristee25:
    I'm sure this is a stupid question, but how is it possible his bum is lower than his knees if his legs are hanging? I'm new to this whole carrier thing. I also have an Ergo but haven't even gotten it out of the box yet.

He should be in a "sitting position" rather than being dangled by his crotch. Does that make more sense?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • yes thank you for clarifying!
  • imageDC2London:

Granted, my LO is pretty big for his age, but he didn't tolerate the froggy hold for very long.  I've been wrapping him with his legs out since about 10 weeks. 

Ditto this. 

• image+adamwife+:
    imageDC2London:

Granted, my LO is pretty big for his age, but he didn't tolerate the froggy hold for very long.  I've been wrapping him with his legs out since about 10 weeks. 

Ditto this. 

And me, three. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageRunaway22:
    image+adamwife+:
    imageDC2London:

Ditto this. 

And me, three. 

Same.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"