Baby Names

Indie billy

Lots of questions!
My FI has decided that he is picking the name haha! Luckily I don't mind his choices. We are Tess Hayden not exactly "formal" names
He likes Indie for a girl I get to pick middle names, it will be Charlotte
He also likes billy for a boy. Middle name will be Alexander I think
Do you think it would be better to choose more formal/longer versions of the first name, even if we intend on always calling them the short version, to give the child a choice later in life?
Eg. Indiana charlotte or William Alexander
And also is Indianna pronounced more like indiearna a "real name"?
Or do you prefer India or indigo I'm such a hippy! But I think of indigo as a boys name

Re: Indie billy

• Sorry I wrote this on my phone and it has removed all of my characters and brackets!
  • I don't like Indie for a girl. The only Indie I know is Indiana Jones. I'd go with India. Also William Alexander is very nice.

Yes, I think a longer formal first name is great because then LO can decide if he or she wants to go by the longer name or the nickname.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLivvyKH:
    I would definitely go with William over Billy, and just call him Billy. William Alexander is a lovely name.As for Indie I wouldn't consider "Indianna" a "real" name. If I had to pick a full name, I'd go with India Charlotte. nbsp;

This.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageClarinet35:
    imageLivvyKH:
    I would definitely go with William over Billy, and just call him Billy. William Alexander is a lovely name.As for Indie I wouldn't consider "Indianna" a "real" name. If I had to pick a full name, I'd go with India Charlotte. nbsp;
    This.

ITA.  My bro is William but goes by Bill.  I still call him Billy but I'm not sure really appreciates it as a grown man lol.  I loooove India.  Indie is cut but more nickname sounding.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with PPs. I would go with William. Billy is cute for a nick name, but doesn't stand alone very well. William Alexander is a great name.

I would go with India for sure. Indiana is just too much, and sounds masculine to me. Probably because of Indiana jones. I really dislike Indigo. Sounds like a dog name more than a baby name. India Charlotte is very cute. 

• William Alexander - nn. Billy

India Charlotte -- nn. Indie

Both cute and allows for them to have more mature names to use as adults if they want. 

• I would do William, not Billy. Billy sounds like a little kid's name.

I think Tess Charlotte is nice.

• imageLivvyKH:

This.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 46808 845377924360 2036704678 n

WIMG950372 1

• I love the name India! I think that India Charlotte would be very pretty.

And I do prefer William Alexander. Great names!

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• imageWoodsie:
    You lost me at your FI deciding he's choosing the name. Seriously? Is he going to make all of the parenting decisions, too?

You're a moderator and THAT'S your comment?! Do you know WHY he's choosing the name and you're upset about it? Or are you just blindly insulting her situation and accusing her of being run over? I thought moderators were supposed to be neutral or help keep the peace....

By the way OP, my dh picked our lo's name and I love it. Yours are great too and I agree with the suggestions about using William and India with those cute nicknames!
  • imageWoodsie:
    You lost me at your FI deciding he's choosing the name. Seriously? Is he going to make all of the parenting decisions, too?

It looks like he's choosing the first name and she's choosing the middle name, so they are both getting input into naming the baby.

FWIW, I agree with everyone else, India and William for formal names and use Indie and Billy as nicknames.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejallascalla:

William Alexander - nn. Billy

India Charlotte -- nn. Indie

Both cute and allows for them to have more mature names to use as adults if they want. 

This.  Give them the option of having an "adult" name as adults.  William Alexander and India Charlotte are both great names.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My preference would be to give them formal names with more options as they grow.

I like India better than Indiana for the girl name.

I also agree that Indigo leans more boy than girl to me.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Indiana is a not a girl's name.  It's not even a boy's name.

Indiana Jones isn't even named Indiana.  His name is Henry.

The dog's name was Indiana.

Please don't name your daughter after a fictional dog.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"