June 2013 Moms
Options

Contractions!

I'm 38 weeks and for the past hour or so, I have been having contractions. I don't know what to do...last time I was having contractions I went to get check at the hospital and was sent home. I'm wondering if I should just keep monitoring them or go get checked?

Re: Contractions!

• Options
    I was told to go in when they are 5 minutes apart, lasting about 1 minute, for one hour. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMrsBarron90:
    I was told to go in when they are 5 minutes apart, lasting about 1 minute, for one hour. Good luck!

Thank you. Ill most likely go get checked. I just don't want to get sent away again. I guess that's part of pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you supposed to have a c section or is there some reason they want you to get to the hospital asap when you begin to go in to labor? Otherwise, it's typically best that you stay home and monitor them until they get to the 511 rule. If you go in too early and you haven't progressed yet they will most likely send you home unless your water has broken. This is my third and I went it to labor the first two times by having contractions and both times I stayed home for many hours just waiting for them to get stronger, regular, and closer together and by doing it that way I was ready to be admitted when I got there. Just trying to save you a lot of hassle of going in only to get sent home. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    imagekkmlafferty:
    Are you supposed to have a c section or is there some reason they want you to get to the hospital asap when you begin to go in to labor? Otherwise, it's typically best that you stay home and monitor them until they get to the 511 rule. If you go in too early and you haven't progressed yet they will most likely send you home unless your water has broken. This is my third and I went it to labor the first two times by having contractions and both times I stayed home for many hours just waiting for them to get stronger, regular, and closer together and by doing it that way I was ready to be admitted when I got there. Just trying to save you a lot of hassle of going in only to get sent home. Good luck to you!

This is perfect advice. Unless you have an underlying issue or live really far from the hospital there is no need to run there at the first sign I contractions. I actually live an hour from the hospital and was still told to follow the 511 rule.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagekkmlafferty:

Thank you. No c section secheduled. But I did end up staying home. I had the contractions all night, I fell asleep and just woke up at 5am with them still. But they're not too strong. I appreciate the advice. With my first pregnancy I was over due. I didn't have any of these signs of labor with him. This is my second so I still feel new to this being that everything is different this time.
  • Options
    imageRomero89:
    imagekkmlafferty:

Thank you. No c section secheduled. But I did end up staying home. I had the contractions all night, I fell asleep and just woke up at 5am with them still. But they're not too strong. I appreciate the advice. With my first pregnancy I was over due. I didn't have any of these signs of labor with him. This is my second so I still feel new to this being that everything is different this time.

You're welcome! I know its hard. I am now 2 days past my due date and I keep having contractions but they don't get regular so I totally know how hard it is. Hang in there hopefully we won't have to wait much longer!
  • Options
    imagekkmlafferty:
    imageRomero89:
    imagekkmlafferty:

You're welcome! I know its hard. I am now 2 days past my due date and I keep having contractions but they don't get regular so I totally know how hard it is. Hang in there hopefully we won't have to wait much longer!

I fell asleep last night with the contractions and woke up this morning at 4:45am with them again. They are about 35mins apart.
  • Options
    I'm also 38 weeks and have had many days in the last two weeks where I've had contractions all day, they finally start to get closer together and stronger and then they just completely stop! Exhausting and frustrating I know. This is also my second but my water broke with my first so I feel like I'm a bit new in this too. I figure if I just can't stand it any more and they are 5 mins apart than its time to go to the hospital. Otherwise even if I am really in labor I'd rather be home. Good luck!!!
  • Options

imageHammee:
    I'm also 38 weeks and have had many days in the last two weeks where I've had contractions all day, they finally start to get closer together and stronger and then they just completely stop! Exhausting and frustrating I know. This is also my second but my water broke with my first so I feel like I'm a bit new in this too. I figure if I just can't stand it any more and they are 5 mins apart than its time to go to the hospital. Otherwise even if I am really in labor I'd rather be home. Good luck!!!

You and I sound so much alike!  Going through the EXACT same thing....even lost mucus plug for 2 weeks now....I'm curious to see at my appointment on Wednesday how big she is now and if I have made anymore progress.

2 weeks ago - 1-2cm & 70% - growth u/s stated 7lbs 11oz

1 week ago - 2cm & 80% with a membrane sweep

Wednesday - ???

Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"