February 2013 Moms
Options

Formula mommas!

This has probably been posted before but I haven't been on in awhile. How many oz of formula is your lo eating right now? We're eating 6oz about every 33.5 hours. Sometimes he wants more but not always.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Formula mommas!

• Options
    DD2 is currently drinking 3 to 4 oz every 3ish hours.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options

I have a monster who eats 7-8 oz every 3 - 3 1/2 hours during the day. He's been totally eating 38-40 oz a day. Eek!

ETA - missed a word! :P 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    6 oz every 3 to 4 hours. Typically a few 'toppers' in between of around 1 to 2 oz.
  • Options
    Thanks I'm debating if I wanna give him more but I like the idea of a few toppers when he needs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We start out the day with 8 ounces (he sleeps 10 hours at a stretch at night so he must be starving), then 4 ounces every 3-4 hours or so.  So in total, I'd say 24 or so ounces in 24 hours.

• Options
    imageDrea926:

I have a monster who eats 7-8 oz every 3 - 3 1/2 hours during the day. He's been totally eating 38-40 oz a day. Eek!

Ds is combination of formula and bm, but he eats about that much too.  It's strange for me, dd never took more than 24 oz.
  • Options

They should eat about 2.5 times their weight per day *give or take. Any less than 25oz and my LO will wake at night hungry.

• Options
    imageDrea926:

LOL This exactly for my son

photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Options
    My girl is on a combo of formula and pumped milk...  She's taken to eating 6-7oz 4x/day.  Lately she's been pretty good about eating all 7oz at each of her feedings.  We had been at 3-4oz every 3 hours but she kept acting hungry.  Sometimes I'll give her 7oz and think she might even take more.  She was up early today, but she basically eats upon waking (anywhere from 6-9am), then again every 3.5-4 hours (longer if she's in the middle of a long nap).  It seems to be working, so I'm going with it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Simon's doing about 32-35oz every day. Sometimes he downs a full 8oz in one sitting, sometimes he just snacks all day. James is snacks-only - he has a couple of ounces every couple of hours, comes to about 30oz a day. James also eats about two tablespoons of veg a day, Simon will down four tablespoons, if I let him. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"