March 2013 Moms

GTKY

Lets do a bit of a reintro, if you will, for anyone that has started coming to this board since the last time me did something like this. I'm pretty sure we were all still pregnant haha.

What did you name your baby?
What is his or her personality like?
Funniest part of motherhood so far?
Is your baby anything like you predicted while you we're pregnant?
Random facts about yourself?

Feel free to add your own questions, too!

Re: GTKY

• Kota26Kota26 member

Connor

He is a very chill and passive baby which is neat because DH and I are very easy going people. If he can maintain this attitude for the next 18 years we will be happy.

Funniest part of motherhood for me has been while I am diaper changing and LO urinates, defecates, and spits up all at once. I can't help but laugh because I brought this on myself. Even better when it happens to DH.

Random facts are that I am a teacher community college and just finished my first year in a PhD program.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What did you name your baby? Carmelina Clover
    What is his or her personality like? she's seems pretty chill and pleasant, but easily exicted.
    Is your baby anything like you predicted while you we're pregnant? kinda'
    Random facts about yourself? this may be tmi, but i cycle with the moon lol i get my period on the new moon and ovulate on the full moon, and have done so for years.  baby girl was born on a full moon, too. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • What did you name your baby? Mackenzie Jade
    Very chill. Relaxed funny and moments girl
    How bodily functions are so cute coming from a baby. Tooting and coughing at the same time are very common
    Kinda. Much more time consuming. Everyone said I wouldn't have time for myself and I didn't believe it until now. Also I am not as tired as I thought MJ is a great sleeper
    Random facts about yourself? I played soccer in college.

Jenny DiLo
  • I rarely post here since I am a long time Feb board member, but my baby was extremely late (Due Feb 26, born March 14) and I will post here occasionally though mostly I just lurk.

What did you name your baby? Oona Persephone
    What is his or her personality like? She is very imaginative and talkative. She is constantly babbling to friends only she can see or giggling at invisible theatrics on the ceiling. She is shy around most people at first but then gets very candid with them once she feels comfy. She doesn't like high-energy people or situations. She loves walks and new places but hates the car. She loves to read (even books without pictures and to (try to) sing. She is very sensitive and scares easily. She needs a lot of comfort and reassurance. She doesn't like being immobile and can't wait for her body to grow up, until then she needs us to carry her to places she wants to go.
    Funniest part of motherhood so far? Her baby babble always kills me!
    Is your baby anything like you predicted while you we're pregnant? I thought she would be a little tougher. I'm not saying that I mind her sensitivity, I just wasn't expecting it.
    Random facts about yourself? My sister, husband and daughter are all Pisces, sis and DH have the same birthday day and DD almost joined them! I had a homebirth, I cloth diaper, I EBF and bedshare, I'm a S/WAHM for now. I was home schooled and plan to home school. I live in Nashville, TN. I was born at home and my mom's MW came from the Gaskin Farm. Obviously I come from a hippie family Embarrassed I was raised vegetarian/pescatarian and somewhere in second trimester I started eating chicken and turkey and I don't think I'm ever going back!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• What did you name your baby? Daniel Craig not for the actor, Craig is DHs first name
    What is his or her personality like? He's a mommas boy!
    Funniest part of motherhood so far? His old man farts while he's sleeping crack me up! He's even woken himself up a couple times with them.
    Is your baby anything like you predicted while you we're pregnant? Nothing at all! I thought things were going to be much easier, it is our first so we were both pretty naive
    Random facts about yourself? I am a yoga instructor and today is my first class since having LO
  • I post regularly but I like these type of things.

Baby's name is Thomas.

He's very laid back and go with the flow unless he's in his car seat. He's hated it!! We are actually going out today and buying a convertible to see if that will help any!

I can't really think of a funny moment but sometimes when I have both out by myself, it turns into a disaster. My oldest is still learning to hold hands and has entered the throwing himself on the floor to throw a fit stage. Sometimes I'm carrying the baby and trying to get DS1 to hold my hand and he throws himself on the floor. I usually end up laughing because I want to cry. But all ends well and it just gets me more prepared for next time we head out!

Random fact.. I can't stand pizza. We eat with my family every Friday might and we also get pizza. I'm used to it so I don't mind, I just eat cheese bread, but sometimes I wish I actually did like it.

• What did you name your baby? 

Gavin

He's pretty chill, quick to smile, the cutest.

Well today I had milk literally shooting out of one of my boobs.  That was rather comical.  Ha!

I don't think I had any clue what to expect, but I adore him so much more than I ever thought I could.  Not that I didn't think I'd love him, but its a fierce love I feel for him.

I'm 32, FTM, from southeastern PA.  I'm pretty into physical fitness, love animals (especially my little Pug mix pooch) and am a voracious reader.   

• imageSidraJedi:

I rarely post here since I am a long time Feb board member, but my baby was extremely late (Due Feb 26, born March 14) and I will post here occasionally though mostly I just lurk.

What did you name your baby? Oona Persephone
    What is his or her personality like? She is very imaginative and talkative. She is constantly babbling to friends only she can see or giggling at invisible theatrics on the ceiling. She is shy around most people at first but then gets very candid with them once she feels comfy. She doesn't like high-energy people or situations. She loves walks and new places but hates the car. She loves to read (even books without pictures and to (try to) sing. She is very sensitive and scares easily. She needs a lot of comfort and reassurance. She doesn't like being immobile and can't wait for her body to grow up, until then she needs us to carry her to places she wants to go.
    Funniest part of motherhood so far? Her baby babble always kills me!
    Is your baby anything like you predicted while you we're pregnant? I thought she would be a little tougher. I'm not saying that I mind her sensitivity, I just wasn't expecting it.
    Random facts about yourself? My sister, husband and daughter are all Pisces, sis and DH have the same birthday day and DD almost joined them! I had a homebirth, I cloth diaper, I EBF and bedshare, I'm a S/WAHM for now. I was home schooled and plan to home school. I live in Nashville, TN. I was born at home and my mom's MW came from the Gaskin Farm. Obviously I come from a hippie family Embarrassed I was raised vegetarian/pescatarian and somewhere in second trimester I started eating chicken and turkey and I don't think I'm ever going back!

Oona Persephone is a GORGEOUS name! 

• mnj05mnj05 member
    What did you name your baby? Hudson
    What is his or her personality like? Laid back
    Funniest part of motherhood so far? Every once in a while, H will burp and have a massive spit up at the same time and it usually goes down my shirt, past the bra, and to the pants. Shower for all!
    Is your baby anything like you predicted while you we're pregnant? Definitely. He was quiet in utero, only moving a lot a couple of times a day and he's still like that.
    Random facts about yourself? I hate snakes, to the point that I can't even look at a picture of one without getting chills.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• My daughter's name is Camila Grace

She is the happiest baby ever! She is always happy and it is amazing. She's very patient with dh and I, too. We're ftp's and there's def a learning curve haha.

I think it is hilarious that dd loves it when people blow on her face! For some reason it cracks her up and works every time. And it's hilarious when she farts in her sleep. She makes a fray boy face then lets it rip. I've actually had to ask dh before if it was him or her.

While I was pregnant I was nervous about how high needs I thought she would be. She was so active in the womb I just knew she would be hell on wheels but lo and behold I won the baby lotto! She's an awesome sleeper, has been sttn since and 3 or 4 weeks, doesn't cry and is so full of personality.

Random fact...I work in a hospital and I go back tonight. I'm so sad about it but I've already got it in my head that whenever I get depressed tonight im just going to look at all the cute stuff I want to buy her but I just can't justify right now only getting maternity leave pay. Hopefully it will help me get through 12 long hours!
  • imagelkm2006:
    I post regularly but I like these type of things

It's ok, it's for everyone to get reacquainted!
  • I lurked all through my non-eventful pregnancy, but am starting to post now that we have a spirited little man.

Carter is a very opinionated LO. He seems to only like Mommy at the time being, which hurts DH's feelings. He is a chub, and would eat all day long if he had his way. Currently hates pacis and the car seat, which makes going anywhere a total pita. 

Something funny: literally the first diaper change DH ever attempted, LO peed right into his face. He was so shocked, and I was crying I was laughing so hard. 

• Thanks for starting this thread. I was a very infrequent poster while pregnant, but would like to get more involved now, so I'm happy to have a chance to intro myself.

We named our son Rhys. It's the male version of the name Reese, though I'm realizing that no one can pronounce it. :/

Rhys is a very opinionated baby. He definitely lets everyone know when he needs something. He's a lovebug and loves to be held and spoken too. His smile and laugh are addictive.

I'm not sure what I thought he'd be like, but motherhood is definitely different. The biggest surprise to me is how timeconsuming EBF can be, esp in the beginning. I'm also surprised by how madly in love I am with my son. Motherhood fills me with joy to a point I never expected.

Random facts about me: I love the beach and could spend all day, every day there. My breast pump is my new nemesis and I'm dreading using it everyday when I go back to work next week!

• What did you name your baby? Phillip

What is his or her personality like? I haven't quite determined yet but I could swear he actually answers some of my questions with stuff that sounds like yes...ok....and it seems like he shakes his head for the word no...it's eerie. LOL

Funniest part of motherhood so far? I talk baby talk to LO no matter where I am and who is around no matter how silly I look.

Is your baby anything like you predicted while you we're pregnant? I didn't predict but I was hoping for a good baby and he's pretty easy so far.

Random facts about yourself? I watch Lord of the Rings every chance I get like I've never seen it before. I have the Trilogy but if it comes on TNT I watch it even with commercials like I don't have the actual movie.    

I'm addicted to fruity mentos.  

• imageegbjaf:
    Lets do a bit of a reintro, if you will, for anyone that has started coming to this board since the last time me did something like this. I'm pretty sure we were all still pregnant haha.

What did you name your baby?
    Alexis Kennedy

She is very dramatic. It's funny now but I have a feeling she is Gojng to be a handful. She actually sort of flops and stomps her left foot when she doesn't get what she wants. She is super funny and is the queen of the silent laugh.

Well... I needed a Kleenex in the car the other day, didn't have any so I used to clean diaper :

She is. She is all over the place. We call her squirmy wormy

I'm a speech therapist. That's all I got

Feel free to add your own questions, too!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • What did you name your baby? - Lorelai Jean

What is his or her personality like? - She's a cuddler. If she's awake, she needs to be in someone's arms or lap.

Funniest part of motherhood so far?  - The fact that my sweet daughter farts like a 40 year old man who eats nothing but pub food.

Is your baby anything like you predicted while you we're pregnant?  - I expected a much more difficult baby. I had colic as a baby, so I figured karma would give as good as I gave.

Random facts about yourself? - I'm a substitute teacher, although I haven't taken any assignments since LO was born.

• imagellarkinburns:

Oona Persephone is a GORGEOUS name! 

Thank you!!!!

• Hi Ladies!

I'm going to try and post more, I didn't much during pregnancy. 

What did you name your baby? My little girl's name is Lilah Sky.

What is his or her personality like? She is a very calm, sweet baby. She loves to smile and make cooing noises when she looks in the mirror. I call her my little lady.

Funniest part of motherhood so far? The way that I have handled poop, pee, throw up, meltdowns and crying tantrums. Before I would've run for the hills but now I don't even blink an eye. I got this! I'm superwoman! (yes, yes I do say that to myself sometimes)

Is your baby anything like you predicted while you we're pregnant? No! I thought she was going to be huge cause I was huge and felt bigger than I did with my son. But she came out a tiny little thing, 5 lbs 13 oz! And she was only 3 days early.

Random facts about yourself? I have an anxiety attack when I'm driving  somewhere that I know is going to be crowded and I have to find a parking space. True story, happened todayEmbarrassed Another random- My husband and I own a bar and it's a little awkward when my son says in public "I want to go to the bar!" (of course he's only allowed there when it's closed and we have things to do there) He actually said it in front of my doctor when I was pregnant and we just started laughing and had to explain.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • What did you name your baby? Mason James

What is his or her personality like? Extremely alert and curious about everything.  Very talkative and seems wise already.

Funniest part of motherhood so far? Having 'conversations' with my baby.  Priceless because I'd love to know what DS thinks of these exchanges.

Is your baby anything like you predicted while you we're pregnant? Nothing at all!

Random facts about yourself? I hate math.  I was accepted at Harvard and Yale Law and decided not to go because it was my parents dream and not mine - I became a graphic designer/photographer instead!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • What did you name your baby? Cora, born on 3/13/13 at 10:15pm. She was 7lb 12oz and 20" long!

What is his or her personality like? She is bubbly and talkative, but she knows exactly what she wants and exactly when she wants it!

Funniest part of motherhood so far? This one is hard.  I don't know if it's "funny", but I'm the first of my group of friends from high school to have a baby (I'm 24) and it's been so weird having them come see her! It makes me feel really old, and then the whole "Oh my gosh, I am responsible for another human's life" thing hits me all over again1

Is your baby anything like you predicted while you we're pregnant? Yes! A co-worker of mine told me that of her two sons, they behave the same as they did in-utero.  Cora was kicking, kicking, kicking my whole pregnancy and during labor.  She is still kicking non stop! She also had her hands in her mouth or by her face during every ultrasound we had, and she STILL does that! Plus, she would always turn her face away when we were looking, and she is very camera shy now.  What a ham Stick out tongue

Random facts about yourself? When I was getting my epidural, it was the first ime the nurses had seen my back and as I flipped over they said "OH MY!" when they saw all my tattoos.  The anesthesiologist was excited when she got the needle perfectly centered between one of the designs.

• kk1160kk1160 member

Logan Michael

Pretty chill, unless he's hungry. He gets that awful grumpy cat frown and then the wailing begins. It comes on so fast that I feel awful for taking two minutes to make his bottle. Heaven help me if I have to wash some first...

DH had to handle the first 'up the back-er' diaper on his own. Gagged the whole time. Poor guy.

He is the total opposite. I thought he would be a rowdy, wiggly little thing. He's just so calm and observant. Maybe he will be different as he gets older?

I answered this on another post, but Target is my happy place. I don't get a lot of free time with my kiddo, which is sad, but I really cherish the time I do. It sucked going back to work at 5 weeks. My friends and I all drank the same punch... 3 boys born within 40 days, a fourth is due on Halloween (sticky baby after 3 MC's, hooray!).

• What did you name your baby? Jennessa-Carol

What is his or her personality like? Soooo chill and so observant is scary sometimes.  Loves to butter people up with the cutest smiles and coy looks then turns shy and smiles off to the side and looks out of the corner of her eye..can't get enought of it.

Funniest part of motherhood so far? I think it is soo funny when people comment how she looks like me....I think they are reaching for something to say because this little munchkin looks just like her dad.

Is your baby anything like you predicted while you we're pregnant? yes, she even stretches the same. Hangs out like she did in ultrasound pictures and refuses to change positions when I'm trying to clean, dress, talk to her she is already stubborn.  :)

Random facts about yourself?  I work at a winery and have missed the Friday afternoon toasting while...now that I can have a glass here and there I'm out on leave.  I'll still take haning with munchkin anyday.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"