February 2013 Moms

Formula question

This is probably a dumb question but what do you do with bringing an extra formula bottle when you are out for several hours running errands? I read on the box it goes bad after an hour or two. I am currently pumping and Bm stays good for 6 hrs so I have no problem throwing a bottle or two in a bag and going out for the day. Do you just put it in a freezer pack or something? I'm trying to wean and give some formula bottles bc I just can't handle pumping and working full time!

Re: Formula question

• We use powder, so I just bring a thermos of cold/room temp water and a magic thermos (don't remember what they're called, but they keep hot stuff hot and cold stuff cold for a very long time) with hot water. Then when we need a bottle, I mix it up. Our mixed stuff is supposed to be ok for like 4 hours.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• I usually just bring an empty bottle or a bottle with the right amount of water and I bought a formula container from target where you can measure out four different sections of formula. I just toss it in the bag and good to go.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I take one ready made in a freeze pack!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• We take a freezer pack and an empty bowl.  Then when we need to (we usually time it so we're at a restaurant) we ask for very hot water in the bowl and heat up the bottles that way (we use glass bottles so they heat up quickly in water).

• imagemhbraymer:
    I usually just bring an empty bottle or a bottle with the right amount of water and I bought a formula container from target where you can measure out four different sections of formula. I just toss it in the bag and good to go.

This!
  • We have always given room temperature bottles so I buy the ready to go packs of powder that are 4 oz each or I just put powder in a 3 part dispenser that I bought at BRU for like 5. I will bring a room temp bottle of water with me and mix when needed.
  • 1 of 2 things here. Use the 8oz ready to feed bottles. Just open and put a nipple on when needed. Or bring a 16oz water bottle fill the babys bottle to 4oz then use the pre portioned on the go formula packets. If baby wants more I also carry the 2oz rtf bottles and give him one of those. So for us there is never a problem and lots of options
  • BBS!BBS! member
    Thanks guys. Never occurred to me that I could make it on the go. He likes breast milk cold so I don't Even have to worry abt heating it up. However he wouldn't touch his formula bottle today...
  • We do room temperature bottles, so we fill the bottles with water before we leave and we bring a small container of formula with us and mix when needed.
    image BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • khazekhaze member
    imagemhbraymer:
    I usually just bring an empty bottle or a bottle with the right amount of water and I bought a formula container from target where you can measure out four different sections of formula. I just toss it in the bag and good to go.

This.

Declan 2.21.2013
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 6.22.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"