September 2013 Moms
Options

Middle name

So my husband and I both love the name we picked for our little girl... Harper Fowler... What we didn't realize is picking her middle name would take so long. Here are some of the options we like

Harper Faith
Harper June
Harper Lee which is my middle name

Any other ideas?

Re: Middle name

• Options
    I LOVE Harper Lee. Mainly because I love To Kill A Mockingbird. I think it is super sweet for her to have the same middle name as you, too. I always liked having the same middle name as my mom.
    I honestly don't really like Fowler. Is there any history with that name. It sounds kind of made up or mixed with another name or something.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    fittest mom photo FITTEST-MOM_zps2351b4e2.gif
  • Options
    ajbookajbook member
    I think Fowler is their last name.

I second Harper Lee for the same reasons as above. LOVE To Kill a Mockingbird and its sweet to give her your middle name. Our girl will have my middle name too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's our last name so she is stuck with that
  • Options
    I think harper lee fowler flows together better than the others xx
  • Options
    Love Harper Faith!! Sounds really smooth when you say it. Second choice Harper Lee, I like names with a meaning. Not too much a fan of Harper June.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Racs84Racs84 member
    Harper Lee Fowler is great! Sounds like a movie star's name!!
  • Options
    Love Harper Faith
  • Options
    I like Harper Faith
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Options
    I like Harper Lee.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I like Harper Lee Fowler as well. I think Harper Faith Fowler is OK... maybe too many F sounds though so I vote Lee over Faith.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ksf13ksf13 member
    I love Harper Lee too! My hometown is where To Kill a Mockingbird is based and where Harper Lee lives. It's our claim to fame haha. It's a very small town. The name goes great with your last name :
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageJLMcWeeney:
    I LOVE Harper Lee. Mainly because I love To Kill A Mockingbird. I think it is super sweet for her to have the same middle name as you, too. I always liked having the same middle name as my mom. I honestly don't really like Fowler. Is there any history with that name. It sounds kind of made up or mixed with another name or something.

Thats what its from!! The name itself sounded so familiar and I knew it was from a book. I Love Harper Lee.

• Options
    I think Harper Lee sounds beautiful and great with your last name!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageBfowler414:
    It's our last name so she is stuck with that

Obviously. That is in your screenname. Duh. I'm dumb. I was thinking Fowler was different for a middle name. It is certainly not a bad last name. I thought you were doing two middle names. 

Also, my last name is McWeeney. So I pretty much take the cake on silly last names. 

fittest mom photo FITTEST-MOM_zps2351b4e2.gif
  • Options

Amy Farrah - so that you can say she was named after Big Bang Theory.

Ok. That was insomnia talking.

I like that you are pairing "Harper" with some clearly feminine names. I think you can also get away with a polysyllabic middle name; Harper Adelle/ Christine/Celeste/Elaine/Renee,  etc. (not necessarily those, simply thinking of names that have more than one syllable to them.)

I love Harper Lee both as an author and a name choice... but I would wonder about the literary reference. What would it be like to go through life with the name of a famous author? I really don't have a concrete opinion on this; just wondering. 

I think the Harper Faith combination has a gentle feel to it. Harper is a bit harder, faith a bit sweeter; the combination works for me. June is a bit stronger, at least aurally. I really like the juxtaposition of the sound of "Harper" with a 'softer' sounding middle like Faith/Lee/Rose etc. 

You've come up with some really great combinations here;  I hope you share your final decision!

-All the best 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"