September 2013 Moms

Hostess gifts

Does anyone have some really great ideas for hostess gifts for your baby showers?

Re: Hostess gifts

• NYHeelNYHeel member
    I've been wondering the same thing too, so I'm glad you asked! 
  • atcwagatcwag member

I think this totally depends on your hostess and what she would like....it could be so varied!

- gift card for pedicure, massage, movie night, dinner, etc.
    - bouquet of flowers
    - nice bottle of wine/wine glasses/stoppers/chocolate/cheeses
    - gift basket with things they would like (cooking, gardening, food, etc.)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Chocolates do the trick! Gourmet, expensive ones. Otherwise I like bringing flowers that you can plant outside if you wish. Sometimes you can find some great stuff at trader joes. Both for chocolate and flowers!!
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• I saw a cute idea on 3rd tri yesterday: Personalized umbrellas...I thought it was a really cute way to say thank you for the "shower" Big Smile Plus we live in FL...so it is very practical.
  • imageSurfergirl013:
    I saw a cute idea on 3rd tri yesterday: Personalized umbrellas...I thought it was a really cute way to say thank you for the "shower" Big Smile Plus we live in FL...so it is very practical.

I love this idea! Super cute!

We said goodbye to our sweet Taylor Ashley on August 8, 2012.We lost baby Noelle on May 1, 2015

Mom to Cam and Al, now expecting baby number 3, August 2016. Praying for lots of sticky baby dust!
  • Lbear8Lbear8 member
    imageSurfergirl013:
    I saw a cute idea on 3rd tri yesterday: Personalized umbrellas...I thought it was a really cute way to say thank you for the "shower" Big Smile Plus we live in FL...so it is very practical.

Love this!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm getting hanging flower baskets for DH's 3 aunts who are hosting our shower today. I hope they like them!
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• I am making her a quilt. I love making quilts and she was hinting about wanting one not too long ago.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    fittest mom photo FITTEST-MOM_zps2351b4e2.gif
  • ksf13ksf13 member
    I have six shower hostesses for one shower. I decided to do a monogrammed decorative dish towel got a couple of 4 packs for 3.99 at Marshall's and my sister is monogramming them for me, with a coffee mug and a foaming hand soap from Bath and Body Works they are usually 6 for 20 dollars. So, I guess it's like a tiny kitchen gift basket.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am doing a "grown up gift basket" with their favorite beverage (wine, beer, etc.) their favorite snacks....I am all about gift baskets vs. gift cards making it more personable....
  • My cousin just moved so I got her a new serving platter that matches her new decor and pretty new address labels.

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • I got mine a 50 dollar gift card to the salon near her. She lived out of town and did a lot of work, so it still didn't seem like enough. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"