Natural Birth

Birth stories between 41-42 weeks

Hey ladies! I am currently pregnant with my second LO. I was due May 30, so we're looking at 41w2d right now. I am having a VBAC with this one, and in the state of MT it's not legal for midwives to deliver past 42w1d. So I have until this Friday, max. Then, unfortunately my care would be transferred to the hospital for a repeat C. Does anyone have encouraging and positive stories of going into labor naturally between 41 and 42 weeks? DH and I are DTD daily, I am going on walks, have tried acupressure points, and am making sure to keep up with my hypnobabies and do extra fear release sessions so that it isn't stress holding me back. I've also been keeping up with my chiro adjustments. Baby is very low and engaged in my pelvis, anterior and ready to go. I'm not sure about dilation/effacement, as I have declined internals through this pregnancy. I would love to hear any stories or advice you have! Thanks!

Re: Birth stories between 41-42 weeks

• No experience as I went at 39w, but you do have a lot of time left! So much can happen before next Friday. You are doing all the right things! Keep it up! That's great he's anterior.

I'm confident you'll be getting your VBAC before having to transfer care. Smile

• imageA37licia:

No experience as I went at 39w, but you do have a lot of time left! So much can happen before next Friday. You are doing all the right things! Keep it up! That's great he's anterior.

I'm confident you'll be getting your VBAC before having to transfer care. Smile

Thank you for the support! 

• Loading the player...
  • I went into labor on my own at 41 weeks 1 day. My mom was 2 weeks overdue with me, no dilation, no effacement- nothing at her 42 week apt. She went into labor that night and I was born in under 5 hours from start to finish. It can happen!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My water broke with dd at 41+1. The entire week leading up to that I walked, had sex, bounced on my exercise ball, ate all the "labor" foods, I seriously tried EVERYTHING in that week. Even castor oil (eck, don't go there!). I hit 41 weeks, and I knew I had a doctor's appointment the next day to discuss induction (my doctor was going to want to induce by 41+5), and I just gave up. I felt defeated, so I sat my butt on the couch all day and ate ice cream, feeling sorry for myself. My water broke that next morning when I got up to get ready for my doctors appointment :-)

My advice is to just let it happen! Stressing out about baby coming isn't helping, it's only going to delay things. I understand it's hard to sit back and do nothing, but that might be just what your body needs. 
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went into labor on my own at 41 weeks and 3 days with my VBAC baby.  I had a wonderful, quick, med free, hospital water-birth.  Just keep doing what you are doing and try to relax as much as you can.  My chiro suggested getting down on my hands and knees to scrub my floors to get things going (I didn't feel like doing that but spent a lot of time the day before on all fours and squatting), that may be worth a try!

You can do this!!!

• Try acupuncture if you can, it really works.
  • I was 41w1d with my last. Nipple stimulation worked for me. Wishing you the best!
  • How are you feeling about everything?
  • Try to surrender to the inevitability of the situation. Very little is in your control and I think stress makes it worse. I went into labor at 41.5. I had taken castor oil that morning but nothing happened. I went to bed at 9:30 feeling defeated and ready to give in. Baby was born at 2:45 AM. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With DS1 I was scheduled for an induction at 6am December 22. I was due December 9 and had been dialated 3 since mid-november and was now at a 5, 75% effaced, and a station 0. But I had had absolutely no labor contractions, and finally my OB convinced me that we needed to induce labor at 41 weeks, 6 days. 

I woke up at three on the morning of the 22nd with intense contractions, three minutes apart and 45-50 seconds long. Baby was born at noon. When I checked in at 5am, the nurses told me I was early for my induction, to which I responded, "no, I'm LATE."

GL! 

• I went naturally at 41+1. I had prenatal yoga class the night before and went into labor 6 hours later. Smile
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"