November 2013 Moms

Babies heart rate??

Call me crazy but this is my first pregnancy and I have been worried for the past week! Even though I had my last ultrasound and heard out little babies heart beat and saw them I worry... The first appointment when we heard the heartbeat it was 160 9 weeks this last one was 145 around 13weeks and 5 days is this normal? My doctor didn't seem worried she said it was normal and a good heartbeat.

I think me being a first time mommy to be is making me a worry wart. I've order a heart Doppler just to reassure myself Monday can't get here fast enough!! :/

Re: Babies heart rate??

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think just hearing the heartbeat will reassure me is why I got it. And I've heard that ur second trimester sometimes feels like ur not pregnant due to the morning sickness and what not going away... I kinda wish I still had the symptoms still...
  • Loading the player...
  • CoIvieCoIvie member
    image14Skittlez:
    I think just hearing the heartbeat will reassure me is why I got it. And I've heard that ur second trimester sometimes feels like ur not pregnant due to the morning sickness and what not going away... I kinda wish I still had the symptoms still...

...you start feeling flutters and movements and baby bump during your 2nd trimester so I'm not sure how that feels like you're not pregnant.
  • I've just started my 2nd trimester I'm 15 weeks so I haven't felt anything yet... But I think I'm getting a baby bump which is pretty awesome maybe after a couple more weeks ill start to stop being such a worry wart lol
  • I'm 18 weeks and my last appointment baby's heart rate was 142. My doctor said it was good. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
  • At 9 weeks fetal heart rate actually peaks at it's highest and will slow down a bit as baby grows larger. Around 9 weeks my LO had a HR in the 190's! Now it's typically in the 150's and 160's and all is well in there.
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (zHjr)
  • Glad to hear! : it being my first time pregnancy I have alot of questions and this helps with all my worries and what not! Thanks for easing my worries! :D
  • I just had my anatomy scan and I am 19 weeks and the baby's heart rate was 146 then 140. She said that was exactly in the middle and totally normal! Good luck!
  • Your baby's heart beat drops as it gets "older", this is what both doctors have told me. My LO started at 190, dropped to 172 then down to 155.
  • Mine was 162 at 8 weeks and then in the 150s at 13 weeks and last week at 16 weeks it was 147.  Doctor said it was good. 
  • I was in the hospital for one month when I was pregnant with my DD, and they dopplered her heart several times each day. The heart rate changes constantly during the day depending on what LO is doing (awake, asleep, if you just ate, etc.) so it is never constantly at exactly the same rate. There is a wide range of "normal", so don't worry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

In my Think Tank, KM, Porteen + LowePro bags: Canon 5D Mark III / 5D Mark II
    16-35mm 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 24-70mm 2.8L, 50mm 1.2L, 85mm 1.2L, 100mm 2.8L IS, 70-200mm 2.8L IS
    Lensbaby Composer + 0.42x SuperWide, Holga Lens, Speedlite 580EXIIs + PWs,
    Mac LR4 + CS6 + Nik Editing Suite
  • imageCoIvie:
    image14Skittlez:
    I think just hearing the heartbeat will reassure me is why I got it. And I've heard that ur second trimester sometimes feels like ur not pregnant due to the morning sickness and what not going away... I kinda wish I still had the symptoms still...
    ...you start feeling flutters and movements and baby bump during your 2nd trimester so I'm not sure how that feels like you're not pregnant.

Except for the bump, and a bit of tiredness, there are days I absolutely do not feel pregnant. I have an anterior placenta, so it may well be that I don't feel any fetal movements until week 20 or even later.  So I can understand how some people can get anxious.

Iris born Halloween 2013! 6 lbs, 1 oz, 18 inches long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    March 24bimageimageimage
  • imagestlucia_wife:

If something was wrong your doctor will say. Their heartrate levels in time. 

My Dr. also said that it levels off in time, and the last time I went mine was 138 BPM.  She said 120-160 is normal I believe?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"