February 2013 Moms
Options

s/o books...

I need to read more!  I looove reading, but don't have a lot of time for it lately. Poll:

1  What is your favorite (adult) book?

2  What was the last book you read? 

My answers are - favorites (can't pick one)  The Poisonwood Bible and

A Prayer for Owen Meany

last I read: Confessions of a Scary Mommy

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: s/o books...

• Options

You need to read Karen Marie Moning "Fever" series... brilliant, entertaining, and total mind candy. 

And if you like paranormal romance, Gena Showalter, JR Ward and Sherrilyn Kenyon are some of my favs... Oh! And Kresley Cole.

Hope that helps. Right now I am reading Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts.

The last book I read was Dr. Ferber's sleep book. So not a great read, but necessary 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageByeByeBooze:

2) Fall of Giants by Ken Follett. It's historical fiction about WWI. 

How was this, BBB? I thought about checking it out from the library recently. I liked Pillars of the Earth and World Without End, so I'm guessing I'll like it? It just seemed like the list of characters at the beginning was so long and overwhelming I wasn't sure it was the kind of fare my sleep-deprived mind can process right now.

1) I can't say I have an all-time favorite. I love so many books but rarely re-read them. Augustine's Confessions is one of the few I've re-read and love.

2) Most recently finished the second book in Nora Roberts' Sign of Seven trilogy. I check them out from the library and read them on my Kindle when I'm up for nighttime feedings. Makes the feedings go much faster :-)

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My favorite book is Pride and Prejudice.

i am currently reading A Game of Thrones. 

• Options

My favorite book is "The Passage" by Justin Cronin. The sequel "The Twelve" is very good too. 

I am currently reading "The Dark Tower" by Stephen King. It's the last book in The Dark Tower series and I am so sad I am almost done with it. It is an amazing series! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ditto Rosebean on the Fever series.  Great stuff.

All time favorite: The Red Tent.

Last finished: Sam's Story (written by a friend and recently released on Amazon).

I'm also still in the middle of book 5 in the Game of Thrones.  I flew through the first 4 last year but IMO book 4 was super slow and almost boring, so I got kind of burnt out.  My attention span for reading disappeared while I was pg.  Which is sad because I've always loved to read. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My favorite book? Argh, so hard to choose. I've read Pride and Prejudice so many times I've lost count. I also love chick lit and YA stuff though. I'll read anything Meg Cabot writes.

Last book I read for fun was The Magicians. Really good!
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    What is your favorite adult book?
    So many. I love historical fiction and fantasy. So going with amount of times I've read them, Pillars of the Earth and The Mists of Avalon.

What was the last book you read?
    HP and the Prisoner of Azkabhan.

I'm totally excited to get to the library with a list of the all the fantasy novels!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

1. Whichever good book I happen to be reading at the moment. I love to read. I have a favorite comic book title, though: Excalibur

2. I just finished Eric John Stark: Outlaw of Mars by Leigh Brackett.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"