August 2013 Moms

Hospital Bag Mesh Panties

At our preparing for childbirth class today they had a pair of mesh panties that didn't look horribly comfortable. I've heard you can bring cotton briefs to the hospital and wear those instead. Have any STM bought underwear to take to the hospital in the past? How many sizes larger than I typically wear should I purchase?

Re: Hospital Bag Mesh Panties

• I loved the mesh panties while I was in the hospital. They really were the best thing to keep the big ol bad in place. 

Once I got home and no longer needed a massive pad I switched to cotton briefs.  

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I actually liked the mesh undies they provided and it saved mine. I brought home my unused pair. A friend ended up using them when she came home with less pair than I did. Don't count them out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Those mesh underwear are fricken awesome!!! I took home as many pairs as they would let me.
  • Ditto. My hospital had me in a giant maxipad/icepack combo and the kept pushing all these medicinal sprays and creams that felt awesome. There isn't room in regular undies for all that business. In a few days, when I was home, I went back to cotton.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm a FTM, but I've had to use the mesh undies after some surgeries and I promise they are comfy!
  • The mesh undies were awesome. No lie, I even used them when I got home for a bit!
  • Loved the mesh panties. That is what I will be wearing.
    No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• The mesh undies are SUPER comfy, but I'm also going to bring some boy shorts as well.
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • I liked having my own underwear in the hospital. I think I used the mesh undies the first day because that was the messiest day but the next day I just wanted normal clothes and underwear. I will bring my oldest and most stretched pairs that can be tossed if needed.
  • mbf124mbf124 member

The mesh ones aren't uncomfortable, even though they look like they are. When you have a huge pad plus an ice pack in there, they rock. 

Once I didn't need the ice pack anymore, I just wore cheap cotton briefs in a size up and wore those.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • After my miscarriage I took 4 pairs of those mesh panties home and wore them for the full 6 weeks of heavy bleeding. It was fantastic. They didn't dig anywhere, they held the huge pads I had to wear in, they wash/dried fast, and if they got too gross I had no problem throwing them out. I have 3 pairs left and am planning on grabbing a couple more at the hospital.
    Me: 32
    DH: 37
    Married: May 24, 2008
    TTC #2 since: June 2020
  • Those mesh underwear were great after birth! They have so much junk in your underwear.... Huge pad, ice pack... It is like you are riding a horse! So yeah, they are fantastic.

• imageWashingtonQueen:
    Those mesh underwear are fricken awesome!!! I took home as many pairs as they would let me.

Ditto! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • EmR22EmR22 member

imageWashingtonQueen:
    Those mesh underwear are fricken awesome!!! I took home as many pairs as they would let me.

This exactly! I was so sad when I had to go back to regular underware.  

• imageWashingtonQueen:

This was me too. I took many pairs home. They were so light and happy and I could stuff big scary pads and ice in there and when they got blood on them I just threw them in the trash. 

I love me some big a$$ mesh panties! 

• I hoarded all the mesh panties I could and almost cried the day I used my last pair. That was a few weeks after being discharged, I'm embarrassed to say. If they sell them in bulk I am going to stock up this time around!!
  • I took my own cotton ones in I could not stand the mesh ones so I wore them the first day and never again

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep those mesh undies are the sh!t. I too grabbed as many as I could. And the ice pack/pad combos too. Those were AMAZING.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They're awesome!! The mesh panties are the best!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageWashingtonQueen:

Yes

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• I got cheap "boy short" type cotton underwear because they felt more comfortable.  The first time I used the mesh underwear and it was fine, I just felt more "dressed" with real underwear.  I didn't go up an underwear size during pregnancy, so I just bought the same size I wore.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • I brought Hanes granny panties, but totally opted for the mesh panties they supplied in the hospital.

They were comfortable, stretchy and didn't have to worry about ruining them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Don't knock the mesh quite yet! They r awesome!!!
    8.7.04 Married the Man
    7.16.11 Welcomed the Boy (#1)
    8.19.13 Welcomed the Boy (#2)

• I read somewhere that you can buy them at medical supply stores. I'm definitely go to price them and see if its worth it.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imageBelhurstBride:

I loved the mesh panties while I was in the hospital. They really were the best thing to keep the big ol bad in place. 

Once I got home and no longer needed a massive pad I switched to cotton briefs.  

this.  If I wore something different, it would have been ruined. 

• Yep, good with those meshies here, too!

• I think when I left the hospital I may have worn regular underwear in whatever size I wore pregnant. But in the hospital I wore the ones they provided and they were fine. All modesty sort of goes out the window when people are checking you down there constantly and mesh underwear aren't nearly as uncomfortable as the after effects of childbirth.
  • hnic14hnic14 member
    imageBelhurstBride:
    I loved the mesh panties while I was in the hospital. They really were the best thing to keep the big ol bad in place.nbsp;Once I got home and no longer needed a massive pad I switched to cotton briefs. nbsp;

This! Loved the mesh undies not sure I could have fit everything in my regular undies. It's a show down there for the first couple of days!

• tdmklmtdmklm member
    imageMillivanilli:
    I hoarded all the mesh panties I could and almost cried the day I used my last pair. That was a few weeks after being discharged, I'm embarrassed to say. If they sell them in bulk I am going to stock up this time around!!

This. I cried. If you find them in bulk somewhere, please let me know. I'll pay you in chocolate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"