February 2013 Moms

You know you are getting old when...

two glasses of wine about knocks you off your feet.  I haven't drank in 3 yrs (always bfing and pregnant!!) and decided a few glasses of wine would be okay with dinner.  Baby has expressed milk if needed.  I ate FOOD (an entire dinner + two brownies) with my two small glasses of wine (maybe 6oz!) and felt like hell afterwards!!!  When did I get this old?!  What makes you feel old? 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: You know you are getting old when...

• I'm a teacher, and the very first class I had when I started teaching are now going to be freshman in high school. They were third graders when I had them!
  • imageDC2London:
    everything makes me feel old these days. nbsp;I think someone said this week that it's been 10 years since Friends ended....if that's true, that makes me feel old.

It's been ten years since Buffy ended too... That makes me feel old. Also kids I babysat for graduating from college...
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Loading the player...
  • imageDC2London:
    everything makes me feel old these days.  I think someone said this week that it's been 10 years since Friends ended....if that's true, that makes me feel old.

Really?  10 yrs?  When I had to tell a sub I'd been teaching for the last decade, that made feel old too.  And it was her first year, so she looked like such a baby to me!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • When you get the invite for your high school reunion and people start calling me ma'am now.
    M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I love watching sports....grew up watching a lot of baseball, football, and hockey.....well the other night during the hockey game they were talking about how one player was near the end of his career and he was 34!  I am 35 and will be 36 in July and it suddenly dawned on me that people my age are considered "old" in sports now....:( 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss
                         Mom to 3 wonderful boys( 6, 4, 20 months), and one little lady ( born 2/17).
  • When I don't get carded for alcohol sales Crying I think I just look old. Last year was really stressful, and I believe it aged me in the face. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Two things for me

1. The students I teach were babies when 9/11 happened. I did a lesson on it this year and got so many questions, because most of them had no clue.

2. My knee hurts before it rains....no joke.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageMalRiggs:
    Two things for me1. The students I teach were babies when 9/11 happened. I did a lesson on it this year and got so many questions, because most of them had no clue.2. My knee hurts before it rains....no joke.

The 9 11 one gets me too. I was there running for my life and I talk to some people now about it that were just kids at the time. Aging is just so strange.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We had a pop music station on our satellite TV playing and I hadn't heard of 90% of the artists.  I guess it's time for the adult contemporary station.

• image2moms2b:
    When you get the invite for your high school reunion and people start calling me ma'am now.

In my ESL class the other night we were discussing the difference between Miss/Ms./Mrs. and Miss / Ma'am. I told them then when I'm back in the States now and someone calls me ma'am, I just think to myself, "When did I become a ma'am and not a miss??" Sad

And after only wearing bikinis since I was like 14, I got my first one-piece this year. :-( No stretch marks after DD1, but DD2 did me in.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• My parents (who have aged ridiculously well) just started looking semi-seniorly, and I spent a week bugging my husband about "When did my parents get old?"  That made me feel old myself.

Two years ago, I was teaching 6-12 year olds a dance to the Glee version of PYT; they were so excited because they had all heard it on Glee, but when I asked who knew who Michael Jackson was, only two out of 45 kids raised their hands.  Two!

I also do this thing where I project how old I will be when LO is a certain age.  I gotta stop doing that.

• imageMeggiemuggins:
    We had a pop music station on our satellite TV playing and I hadn't heard of 90% of the artists.  I guess it's time for the adult contemporary station.
    Yes! They play my favorites on the "oldies" station! What?! I'm not *that* old!
  • Its a lot harder to lose weight than it used to be.

I realize how grown up I am when I think about the ten years I've spent with my husband, but I feel so green when I realize, God-willing, we have at least forty more years ahead of us!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"