C-sections
Options

Incision question

I usually only post on my bmb but I thought you all would have some good insight...

I am one week postpartum and have still noticed that the ends if my incision on either side are very tender especially if I try to stand up from a sitting position.

My right side has always been a little worse than my left but recently I've noticed that my left side hurts a bit more. There is no redness or anything. I can see a bit of dried blood underneath the tape over my stitches but I assume that has been there since the incision.

How long did it take you all to feel back to normal?

TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Incision question

• Options
    I would say it was tender for about a month and felt numb for about 2 months.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm surprised you still have your stitches in.  I mean, I had staples so maybe they're different?  They took mine out before I even left the hospital.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagerockyrollgirl:
    I would say it was tender for about a month and felt numb for about 2 months.

This

They used the stitches that dissolve with me.  I am told that staples are so much better for recovery.

• Options

I agree and the only reason I feel my second was easier than my first because I had dissolving stitches instead of staples. I feel each time is different because of the scar tissue also (that's what my doctor tells me).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Took me several weeks to feel normal. I was more tender on the side my OB stood on. She said I would be versus where her first assist stood. Said her knots are tighter. I also left with internal sutures and tape not staples. Thats pretty standard to get stitches that disolve.
    "You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
  • Options
    I'm one month pp and would say that this past week is the first time I've felt normal. I'm still numb and the incision is still tender but I can move around pretty much pain free.

He's my fairytale, a dream when I'm not sleeping.

<a href="http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/behapybride/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"