May 2013 Moms

Csection mammas

I am one week postpartum and have still noticed that the ends if my incision on either side are very tender especially if I try to stand up from a sitting position.

My right side has always been a little worse than my left but recently I've noticed that my left side hurts a bit more. There is no redness or anything. I can see a bit of dried blood underneath the tape over my stitches but I assume that has been there since the incision.

How long did it take you all to feel back to normal?

TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Csection mammas

• My DS is 15 days old, and I still feel the exact way you described.  Very sore on the edges, right side hurts worse.  My mom's a midwife, and she looked at my incision tonight and said it looks like it's healing well, so I guess it's normal.  She had a c/s with me, and said it took her about a month to feel totally like herself again (ugh!). 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

4 losses: Natural m/c 8w 1/11, CP 12/11, CP 3/12, and our perfectly healthy baby girl Charlotte Grace, missed M/C 5/31/12 at 8w5d
    DX: Endo, heterozygous MTHFR, low progesterone
    Surprise unmedicated BFP 9/21/12!! Beta #1 9/22 (10 DPO) 46 Beta #2 9/24 (12 DPO) 226! Heartbeat 136 bpm at 7w! It's a BOY!  Theodore Joshua born 5/23/13 at 7:36am via c/s, 7lb13oz, 19.25in
    TTC#2 5/14, BFP 8/15/14!  Beta #1 16 (11 DPO), Beta #2 71 (14 DPO) Beta #3 164 (16 DPO) Beta #4 633 (21 DPO) Beta #5 1487 (23 DPO) Heartbeat 121 bpm at 6w6d!  EDD 4/25/15
  • I still felt tender at my 2 week follow up, but the midwife said the incision looked great.  Today, I feel pretty much back to normal, unless I try to do too much.
    My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 6 days pp, so don't have any answers but feel your pain! Overall, I feel great and don't have issues with mobility , but anytime I want to sit up especially from an awkward position,my right side sends a sharp pain in my abdomen. I trust it is part of the healing process.

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• My incision was numb from the moment I woke up after surgery. About 2 inches above my incision & about the same length is what was tender and sore on me. It has taken a month to begin to feel normal at that spot.

When you say stitches, do you mean staples? I assumed staples were normal with sections...I had my staples taken out two days after leaving the hospital, and had dried blood/scabbing for about 2-2.5 weeks.

I am felling pretty much all healed, although I still get pangs of pain like someone stabbed me a few times a day. Also have been having some pain on my right side. The area above my incision still is sore to touch or push on, but not as bad. I think this spot hurts on me because it is the start of where I actually have feeling-the area below all to my incision is totally numb.

I'll feel normal when I can work out and take a dang bath lol. Best of luck on your healing!!! 

• imageziggy23213:
    My DS is 15 days old, and I still feel the exact way you described.nbsp; Very sore on the edges, right side hurts worse.nbsp; My mom's a midwife, and she looked at my incision tonight and said it looks like it's healing well, so I guess it's normal.nbsp; She had a c/s with me, and said it took her about a month to feel totally like herself again ugh!.nbsp;

Day 19 for me and the right side still feels sore too. It looks like it's healing well though.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am 4 weeks PP and am now about 80 percent normal again. It downs hurt to roll on my side from my back, get out of bed or sit down and get up. Hang in there!
  • Yea. I'd say what you are feeling is normal. The ends def hurt me the worst. I am 3 weeks pp and feel pretty good. Though the area is still sore and I get the stabbing random pains that pp described. Hang in there.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • HZ2012HZ2012 member
    I'm almost 4 weeks PP and it's just starting to get a bit better from feeling sore most of the time. Like a pp mentioned it hurts to get up out of bed and to roll over. Everyday it gets better and better. Hang in there!
  • At 3 weeks I started to feel an improvement. By 5 weeks I felt just about completely normal. I still have a numbness in between my incision and belly button, but from what I hear that could take up to a year to be normal.
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• I'm 6 weeks PP and I finally feel like things are all healed up. I was getting the twinges and had tenderness on my right side for at least a month.

As for stitches vs staples, it all depends on your OB. I had neither, she used surgical glue.
  • I'm 16 days PP and my incision is infected.  Once the OB drained it a week ago it felt a lot better and is healing well.  I get a burning pain on the left corner after laying down and when I try to wake up but my OB said that's normal and it looks good.  Other than that burning pain occasionally I feel pretty good, but I was also up and moving pretty quick after surgery which they said would help.
  • A month later I still feel some pain and discomfort occasionally. I'm definitely much better, but when I am on my feet for too long or try to do too much, I feel some pain. My right side has also hurt more than the rest of the incision. The nurse at the hospital told me that's because my doctor tied off the stitches on the right side both on the inside and outside incisions. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think a lot of it will depend on how your body heals.  I'm 6.5 weeks post surgery and I still get some shooting pains at the incision.  But I just went in for my 6 week appointment and they said everything looks great.  I can also feel hard knots of scar tissue under the incision (although this is my second section).  The most obvious thing though is that I'm still a little sore if I sit up in bed too many times.  I have no muscle tone from being so stretched out while pregnant and then being cut open.  Time for some planks, I believe!

Also, with my first I mentioned to one of the nurses that it really hurt on the right side and she said "have you ever seen a c-section performed?  The right side is where they pull you open.  Of course it hurts!" 

• I hope this isn't discouraging but I'm 2.5 months pp and I still have tenderness at the ends of mine. Sometimes if I twist a certain way it will actually hurt but usually its just uncomfortable. I'd say what you're feeling is pretty normal.
    TTC since 3/4/2010
    Me: PCOS, DH: normal
    Started seeing RE 11/10/2011
    8/31/2012 = BFP!!
    First Ultrasound... TRIPLETS! EDD 5/11/13
    Baby w/ no HB @ 10w4d - We love you angel baby.
    Baby A & B doing great. A/S 12/10/12 - Healthy BOYS!
    Sawyer & Silas born at 33+6 on 3/29/13
    imageimage
    imageView Raw Image" height="250" width="375">

image"Lilypie">image

• imageRachel Goldstein:
    I hope this isn't discouraging but I'm 2.5 months pp and I still have tenderness at the ends of mine. Sometimes if I twist a certain way it will actually hurt but usually its just uncomfortable. I'd say what you're feeling is pretty normal.

Wow. 2.5 months out! No wonder they say a vaginal recovery is sooo much easier!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I felt normal at 2.5 weeks. Still a little pain here and there but nothing. To worry about. At three the right end of my incision opened a teeny bit. Doctor looked, said a little peroxide and I'd be good. At four its infected. I think I'm rare bit keep a close eye on that tenderness just in case. Don't go nuts though you can absolutely feel the difference between tender and infected.
  • I am 5.5 weeks post c section and feel great. However, I followed all of the rules. Remember a csection is major surgery you do not have to be a hero. Take care of yourself and your body.
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    I'm 2 weeks out and feeling good, except when I do too much. And it's hard not to since I'm on my own for a few more days. It looks really good, but there is definitely some swelling still, especially underneath the incision. Hoping that goes down and doesn't turn into scar tissue.

Is there any way to inhibit scar tissue growth? I'm thinking about doing warm compresses, hoping to increase circulation in the area, and just because it feels good on the sore spots.
  • I was told to do warm compresses 3 times a day, but I don't know if it was for scar tissue.  
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    imageBeachy730:
    I was told to do warm compresses 3 times a day, but I don't know if it was for scar tissue. nbsp;

Huh, they told me I could do them for pain relief, but didn't say I should or his often. I'm definitely going to start.

Does the baby count as a warm compress? Lol. Seems like he's always on my belly.
  • I am 5 1/2 weeks, and am almost back to normal.  My incision did get infected though, and this is my second CS.  I think I was feeling more myself after only 4 weeks with my first...and also no infection that time.  GL!

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• I am 8 days PP and the only time my incision hurts is if I laugh or cough. Hope you feel better soon.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
  • I'm 18 days pp. my incision stopped hurting around 2 weeks but my stomach is still tender to the touch not the incision. I had feelings like my incision opened but it never did.

FWIW I didn't have staples or stitches externally. They used dura bond.

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• I got sharp burning pains until sometime after 2 weeks pp.  I'm 4 wks pp now and things feel fine, just tender.

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"