March 2013 Moms

Rolling over?

How many of your LO's are rolling over already? I probably don't do tummy time as much as I should with DS. He does though do an amazing job of holding his head up! When I do tummy time he doesn't do much and once he finds his hands it's over cause all he wants to do is lay there and suck on them. He doesn't seem like he is anywhere near being ready to roll over!!
BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Rolling over?

• No where close but I don't give him a lot of time either. Too many dogs and big brothers around.. It's a danger zone!

DS1 did it right at 4 months.

• Our LO is just rolling from back to side right now. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mines rolled over twice! Both times I wasn't there lol
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Mine can only get to back to side and doesn't even try when we do tummy time, then he usually lays there and digs his face into the may crying. He is 9 weeks, so I'm trying not to stress it......... yet
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    DS doesn't act interested at all. Tummy time doesn't happen as long as it should but all of a sudden he decided he hates tummy time. I figure he'll do it when he's ready.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• jmdahnjmdahn member
    Been rolling over for 2 weeks from tummy to back- now going both ways. Can barely keep him on tummy!!
  • He just started to roll over this past weekend.  He didn't seem anywhere close prior to that, but now he just throws his head to the side and it gives him enough momentum to get his whole body over.
  • My little guy likes tummy time but it's about 15 minutes at a time. He rolled tummy to back 2x in a row last Saturday but he has not done it since, but we keep trying!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS rolled over for the first time at 3 1/2 weeks, but he's an odd one. We've done tummy time with him multiple times a day (plus he spends most of the day prone on me or carried around in his wrap) since the day he came home and he has always loved it.
  • LO is 11 weeks today and has been rolling on to his back for the last 2 weeks. He can roll going both ways. Prior to being able to roll over he hated tummy time but one day he just did it and now he doesn't mind being on his stomach and uses it as away to look around and scope things out!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Our LO is rolling over!!! From belly to back. It took a while  and a lot of fussing throught tummy time. But I rolled her and 'taught' her by rolling her myself and now she raises her head and chest, and will lean to the side, kick her foot and roll over. We were tummy time nazi's though so LO spent a lot of time on the mat!
  • He's rolled over on a few separate occasions, but it's not really consistent so I'm not exactly counting it yet. :)
  • She has been rolling over for 4 weeks?? She will be 14 weeks Friday. She rolls tummy to back but we don't do much tummy time. 30 seconds of tummy time = 30 minutes of screaming after tummy time
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • She has been able to roll to her side since she was around 1.5 weeks.  She can roll tummy to back but doesnt do it often.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • LOL - My daughter does the same thing. She'll do little push ups for a while, but then she's like "OMG HANDS!" and then it's all over.  She rolled over once by accident (it was cute, she scared herself, lol) when she was about 5 weeks old, but since then, all she does looks like she's trying to plank, haha.

Sometimes I try to help her by letting her push off my hand, but then she just scoots around.  Which I know is a big deal and a good thing on it's own, but rolling over is more fun :)

With time, I suppose...

• So glad to hear that I'm not the only one who doesn't do a ton of tummy time! LO has rolled over a couple times while on the bed with me, but not yet on the floor. She has great head control and I've been rolling her for practice. I think it will happen any day now, she seems like she's about ready. Will be 11 weeks on Tuesday. 
  • My LO just starting rolling over from back to tummy. He still hasn't rolled over from tummy to back, yet.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD is 11wks tomorrow and rolls both back to belly and belly to back. She has been sleeping through the night since she started rolling to her belly.
    Every baby is different! Don't worry about it.
  • DD I think rolled pretty early at 11 weeks.  That week she started rolling from back to stomach and also stomach to back.  She now does both a lot.  I am hoping that she doesn't crawl or walk early also.  I am not ready for that Big Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"