February 2013 Moms

FFFC

When LO turned three months, I decided to try to get pumping, my breakfast, workout, shower, and makeup/hair done by noon each day.  (I call them my Big 5.)  That is my goal.  Some days we hit it; some we don't.  It's always a toss-up.

My FFFC is most mornings, LO starts fussing a tiny bit in his sleep around the time I get in the shower.  It's usually nothing and he stays asleep, but as soon as I hear that bit of fuss, I sprint into the bathroom and into the shower so I can't tell if he is still fussing or not.  99% of the time he is fine; on rare occasion I'll get out and he's pretty upset.  I always feel terrible, like I should wait and make sure he's fine before I get in the shower.  The problem with that is, I've done it before and an hour has gone by where he was fine but noisy, and I finally decide to get in and he really does wake up. 

What are yours this week?  Smile

Re: FFFC

• Breastfeeding never worked out for us. I wasn't producing enough milk, and a recent nursing strike killed what little supply I had. So, I had to let it go and switch LO to formula completely.

My FFFC is that now at least I can go back to eating dairy, beans, and a bunch of other foods I love. It's our anniversary today, and DH is getting my linguine with clam sauce (re: butter) and I'm excited about it. It's a silver lining I suppose. 

Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • I have been (or was) secretly planning our first family trip to Disney ever since I found out I was pregnant with DD.  Then Disney planning vacation DVDs starting showing up in the mail box....

If I could get DH to go along with it, I would take her there next week!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm part of a regional parenting group on FB. One of the mother's on there was selling her Ergo that her son didn't like being in. She paid $145 for it and used it once or twice, and I bought it off of her for $100. When it came in the mail, DH asked when I ordered that and was sort of annoyed (I'm sort of a shop-a-holic, especially for DS). So I fibbed and said that I traded for it. He believed me, and didn't even ask what I traded.   I do all the bills and banking, and he never checks the account, so he won't see the check on the statement. Angel
  • I totally do the sprint to the shower. Lol. It's like the adult way of sticking your fingers and your ears and saying "na na naaa, I can't hear you".

My FFFC is that the other day I found a tick in my leg so I recruited my husband to doing the check over which included checking my hair strand by strand. Totally unnecessary, but Free head massage!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• My FFFC is that I am insanely excited that Netflix just added The Babysitters Club to streaming. I LOVED that book series and show. It is super cheesy and I am watching it right now while feeding DS!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• I've finally got a good one.

I refrained from drinking booze during pregnancy. Now I have a beer every once in a while though I BF, like maybe one or two a week or maybe none in a week. Last night was our 10 years together/3 years married anniversary. After DD went to bed I had a beer to loosen up so DH and I could DTD. DH convinced me to do a shot of bourbon too so I would be even "more relaxed". So we DTD and then I showered and then LO wanted to nurse. It had been at least an hour but I had two drinks so I know it wasn't completely out of my system. I didn't sleep well from feeling guilty. I wish that I hadn't let DH peer pressure me!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I fart and blame it on the baby. DH totally buys it.
  • This girl I graduated with posts a selfie everyday either showing her cleavage or butt and doing that stupid duckface. I took a pic of LO doing a duck face and looking silly and posted it saying "duckface selfies are super cute!"
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• imagemarionravenwood:
    I fart and blame it on the baby. DH totally buys it.

That's awesome.

I've been dairy free for 10 days, and am tempted to munch on those Cheddar Bunnies I bought before cutting dairy out.

Also, sometimes I don't wear a bra out because I know I'll be baby wearing wherever I go and it's too hot for all those layers. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagemarionravenwood:
    I fart and blame it on the baby. DH totally buys it.

I do that too.  In fact, DH just automatically assumes it's the baby and I don't correct him.  Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"