February 2013 Moms
Options

Nursing

My little one is 15 weeks and I try to nurse him 8 times a day... Sometimes we get behind and it ends up only being 7. It takes just under an hour for each feeding so I'm nursing him for about 8 hours a day. Then after a feeding I'm interacting /cuddling/ trying to force tummy time/ changing/ burping/ playing with him. I feel blessed to be with him all day and be able to nurse him and I love every second of it but I feel guilty when my husband comes home and I barely got anything done. Can anyone else relate? Are some of you down to only 7 feedings now? Not complaining one bit but I just want to know if any one else feels like all they do is nurse still?

Re: Nursing

• Options
    hmmm, I feed on demand and have no clue the amount of feeds LO gets. I bet it's close to that. I try to get stuff done around the house but sometimes it's just not possible. DH understands b/c he does even less when I'm at work.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I understand the feeling. DS is feeding 6 times a day. I get different things done during the day on and off, mostly during naps. But my focus is DS 100. If something has to go it's cleaning. I think DH gets that. I remind myself he'll only be this small once and laundry and dirty dishes will be there later to deal with.
    "Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageTeacher Clark:
    I could care less if my house is clean. I mean, I am anal and love a clean house and the mess drives me crazy, but my focus is my girls right now. Cleaning gets easier as they get older.

My DH would rather I focus on the girls then the cleaning. He actually does the majority of the cleaning since DD2 still wants to be held a lot and can't be put down long enough to get much cleaning done. That means one of us holds her while the other cleans.

I don't feel guilty at all. I learned with DD1 that my supply suffered when I didn't relax enough, eat enough, and sleep enough. BF is more important to me than a clean house.

This ::thumbs up::
  • Options
    I agree....I would love to have an organized house, but then I would have no time for the kids.  I do the basics...dishes,laundry, vacuuming...and anything else is left until DH is home to lend a hand. I want to soak up as much time as I can while the kids are young....it goes by soooooo fast and I figure I can organize the house when the kids are older. Right now, I cut myself some slack and don't get stressed when I walk past a ten foot pile of laundry that needs to be folded!  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss
                         Mom to 3 wonderful boys( 6, 4, 20 months), and one little lady ( born 2/17).
  • Options
    I still feel like all I do is nurse all day and snuggle and play and make silly noises...but I enjoy it about 95 percent of the time. The only one who seems to care that I am slacking on my housekeeping is my mother. But enjoying this time is far more important than a clean house. Mind you I don't let it get disgusting but I don't fret about the mess.
  • Options

imageTeacher Clark:
    I could care less if my house is clean. I mean, I am anal and love a clean house and the mess drives me crazy, but my focus is my girls right now. Cleaning gets easier as they get older. My DH would rather I focus on the girls then the cleaning. He actually does the majority of the cleaning since DD2 still wants to be held a lot and can't be put down long enough to get much cleaning done. That means one of us holds her while the other cleans. I don't feel guilty at all. I learned with DD1 that my supply suffered when I didn't relax enough, eat enough, and sleep enough. BF is more important to me than a clean house. ETA. During the summer, since I'm a teacher and have summers off, I normally keep the house clean and tidy. I do feel guilty if its not clean. However, having a baby in the house changes things. Babies need lots of love and attention. Toddlers and kids can entertain themselves or help you while you work. So in years past with DD1 I would have felt guilty and in years to come I will too, but I think you get a pass if there is a baby in the mix.

All of the bolded is me too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"