February 2013 Moms

will milk come back?

This is my fourth day runnin a fever. Yesterday things were so bad my fever was almost 104. I tried to keep up with ny fluid intake but it seems my supply suffered anyways. Will my milk come back when I am rehydrated? What should I do for baby in mean time? She seems to be getting enough but I can tell my supply is very low today.
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
View Full Size Image

Re: will milk come back?

• First, why the fever?  Do you have mastitis??  That high of a fever while bfing, I would think mastitis!  If that's the culprit, you need to do something about the plugged/infected duct.  And get antibiotics.  But, yes, your supply will generally rebound after an illness.  Drink plenty of fluids and try to eat.  Feel better!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • No, not mastitis, apparently I tested positive for the flu. Did not know you could get the flu in June...
    View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • imagejessicalgilmore:
    No, not mastitis, apparently I tested positive for the flu. Did not know you could get the flu in June...

Ugh, that stinks! But I agree with pitterpatter about fluids and food. Try to do oatmeal, that should help boost your supply. I didn't have the flu, but I did get a pretty nasty cold awhile back that made my supply tank for almost a week. It did rebound when I got better, but I had to eat a ton and chug water all day while I was sick just to keep up with my daughter's appetite. We only had to borrow 2 oz from our frozen stash. Thank goodness my "normal" was oversupply, so when I say my supply tanked, it really only dipped slightly below what DD actually eats!

• I had a stomach virus in April.  I couldn't eat anything, I couldn't even drink water without losing it.  I just kept trying and kept putting him to breast.  I know my supply suffered because it was about 1 day of nothing, and then 1 day where I could eat only chicken broth.  My supply came back just fine.

Feel better!

• imagejessicalgilmore:
    No, not mastitis, apparently I tested positive for the flu. Did not know you could get the flu in June...

Sad  Oh no!!  Feel better soon!  Lots of fluids!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks ladies :
    View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"