April 2013 Moms
Options

Woombie

We got a woombie tonight because DS has now been able to punch out of muslin swaddles and the SwaddleMe swaddles. Anyone else use these? Opinions?
TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary

Re: Woombie

• Options
    not sure what you are looking for...we have two and love them. they fit tight so it is a little odd to get use to at first. we like that you can unzip at the bottom so their feet can be free and just like us keeping our feet out of the covers, keep him overall cooler. does that make sense? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

we LOVE our woombie!  We only use it for bedtime and never attempted a blanket swaddle aside from in the hospital. We have never had a problem with ours.  I think LO likes the secure feeling but also is able to move his arms up and down if he wants.  It fits tight, but not constricting.  Our woombie even has the swaddle wrap around the torso and it works really well.

FWIW-I wasted $15 on the Summer Infant swaddle pods which claim to be equivalent to the woombie and they ARE NOT.  LO was able to fit his hands and forearms out the neck hole where they got stuck up near his face.  Not very safe I don't think.  The neck was not tight/secure enough.  The woombie is definitely worth the money IMO.

Hope the woombie works for you! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS has been stretching so much once he's out of the swaddle and is growing incredibly fast. He grew 2 inches in 4 weeks! So I just wonder how much longer he'll tolerate being swaddled. I've had to start undoing the swaddle in the middle of his naps coz he fusses lots while sleeping
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Hmm, well that I'm not sure about.  Our LO is growing too, but was really small to begin with, so I think we still have some time with the woombie.  I do think they have different sizes on their website, so hopefully he doesn't grow out of the one you just bought, but there are bigger sizes/styles for when he's bigger and rolling, etc.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imageMandmeesh:
    Hmm, well that I'm not sure about. nbsp;Our LO is growing too, but was really small to begin with, so I think we still have some time with the woombie. nbsp;I do think they have different sizes on their website, so hopefully he doesn't grow out of the one you just bought, but there are bigger sizes/styles for when he's bigger and rolling, etc.

Ya we got the 14 to 19 lbs one last night and it fits perfectly.
  • Options
    Our baby has slept in one every night since being home.  We love it!!

BabyFetus Ticker

photo bible.gif
  • Options
    We have one, but she hasn't sized into it yet.  I'm excited to try it, because she loves to be swaddled and the Woombie looks infinitely easier to use than, say, the miracle blanket.
    The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"