November 2012 Moms

Am I the only one?

I rarely posted in LNCI anymore but I noticed it was rarely even posted anymore. Who else's LO is still waking during the night? Hallie still is twice a night as of last night and tonight. Before that is was still 3 times.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Am I the only one?

• Nope.  F wakes at least once, around3:30 to 4 to eat.  But he will get into stretches where he wakes at other times routinely.  The last few nights he's woken up at 2:30 on the freaking dot. He cries out and squirms around until he goes back down.  So annnnnnoyinggggggg.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Nope, Viv still wakes up 13 times a night
  • Loading the player...
  • N still wakes to eat once a night.
    Either somewhere between 1:30 and 2 or between 3 and 4 am.

He's up between 6 and 7 am.
    I'm just too lazy or tired to EVER check in. I think I did the LNCI twice.
  • We are still waking at least once a night also. The last two nights it has been no less than 5 times a night. And he think 5:00 am is a reasonable time to get up for the day. I need more sleep.

• Nope - my LO is still up 3 times a night. We aren't that far into solids (we've only tested 4). Very little gets in and she is still nursing...plus, she is clearly In a growth spurt. I think she really is hungry when she gets up, though she is suffering a little separation anxiety maybe as well.

two nights ago she slept 6 hours straight after a day of refusing to nap and struggling to stay awake hours after bedtime. She went down at midnight. Those 6 hours were hard won.

the week before that she was up every two hours. She is all over the map. DH and I try to out her to bed at the same time every night after a chill routine. We try to get her down for naps before she is overtired and on a schedule....and she is just awake. I'm concerned I'm not handling it the right way....but ya, to answer your question..we are up.

• Nope. M just wakes about once but I just stick her pacifier back and she goes back to sleep. They can go 12 hours without eating at this point. So no more feeding.
  • kbl13kbl13 member

imageuconnhuskie007:
    it's a crapshoot in our house - sometimes he'll STTN and sometimes hes up every 2 hours.

This.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• MaebbMaebb member
    DS still wakes at least 1 to 2 times. Last night he woke up at 11, nursed, drank a 6 oz bottle after nursing, and then literally was sitting up, crawling around, climbing, and laughing for at least an hour. I was just going to leave him in his crib, but he was happy to play on me but cried the second I tried to put him in the crib. Hmmm. DH has been watching him while I was out of town on a business trip, and I think he might have spoiled him by cosleeping. But to answer your question, you're not the only one!
  • Still up once a night. He was STTN a few nights a week but not this week. Teething can have him up twice a night. He does eat once in the MOTN.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You are not alone.

We have had some 5 - 6 hour stretches recently but this past week has been really bad, like worse than newborn bad. I hope its teething or one of those stormy weeks or something. 

This too shall pass.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Can I just say how infinitely happy this list of responses has made me. All of my coworkers and my brother and SIL have been telling me I'm ruining this child by not CIO at this stage. Just yesterday my coworker told me I was saddling this child with lifelong sleep issues by feeding her at night. To see few LNCIs the last few weeks had me thinking that everyone here had successfully sleep trained their kid by 6 months and I was just destroying my LO by feeding her at night, and popping in pacifiers and comforting her during her occasional freak outs. In my mind, I see progress in her self-settling and willingness to go to sleep without hysterical crying - but to the outside observer...or at least to the people I work with, it looks like I'm training her to sleep in my bed to the age 18 and live the exhausting life of an insomniac.

To know that so many other people are having a similar experience makes me feel so much better. Her patterns are normal. It is going to work out.

• LO is up once a night now to eat.  She wakes up exactly 6 hours after she goes down. But it is a quick, business-like feeding and back down she goes.  I don't even turn the light on now, let alone open my phone or laptop

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"