October 2012 Moms

Breast Feeding Mom Check In

Who is still at it?

How's it going for you?

Do you have any worries or concerns at this point?

What is your goal?

Re: Breast Feeding Mom Check In

• I am still breast feeding.

It's going well. I stopped pumping at work for my last two weeks before summer vacation. I couldn't stand it anymore. I have been using freezer stash to supplement my supply. So, far this week I have only had to use one 6oz package from my stash. 

I am hoping that when I stop working for the summer I will be able to re-up my supply by nursing him and not giving bottles. 

My goal is to make it to one year. I love breastfeeding him it is so easy. 

• Still EP three times a day.. I recently cut one out. I am happier but my supply has tanked.

8 months will be in a couple weeks and after that I'll probably stop. Idk... I seem to say that ever month.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

• Loading the player...
  • Who is still at it? yep

How's it going for you? actually nursing is fine but I am really tired of pumping at work. It's totally disruptive and just SO much work. 

Do you have any worries or concerns at this point? I can't keep this up for much longer. 

What is your goal? it was one year but the thought of pumping for almost 5 more months makes me want to cry. I promised myself i will continue to EBF until 9 months and then reassess.

• Still going. We will just take it one day at a time!
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• RayT1RayT1 member

Who is still at it?   Yes we are, about every 3.- 4 hours around the clock. 

How's it going for you?  It's going good, he's a great nurser...loves his mommys boobs...well at least the right side!  

Do you have any worries or concerns at this point?  Not really, I have unbalanced milk supply issues.. so my right breast does 75% of the work... I guess my only worry would be that the left fully stops producing milk.   He sometimes bites my shoulder with his two teeth it kills and leaves a mark, so I am fearful of that happening to my nipples!

What is your goal?  I will BF full time until we introduce cows milk in 4 or 5 months,  After that my goal will be till he is 16-20 months... but I will BF as long as he wants, even if it means I will be doing tandem with the next one. 

October 1st, 2012. 9lbs 2 oz

Jude - 8lbs 1 oz
    August 15th, 2014. 

• Yep, we're still going strong, but supplementing quite a bit, especially since I'm now only pumping once at work over the noon hour. Life has been easier since I dropped a session, but my supply has tanked.

• Still pumping 4 times a day and nursing once at night.  It's going okay.  I can see myself quitting soon - but I don't have a good reason to quit.  

He is not gaining much weight.  Possibly a pound in the last 2 months.  I'm not sure why....it's driving me a little crazy.

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
  • nealblnealbl member
    I'm still at it. She eats baby food now at breakfast and dinner and she has a 6oz formula bottle right before bed. I gave myself a break from pumping but am going to start nightly pumping next week to build up a stash for when I return to work in August. She gets formula if I'm gone or having a few drinks. I always have a bottle filled with water and formula packed with me in case I am somewhere I do not feel comfortable nursing. She hates to coverup and its getting harder in public.

My goal is to be bfing until we switch to cows milk. So right around 1 year.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSarahW44:

Who is still at it?  Still going, but I'm on summer break so I'm not having to pump as much

How's it going for you?  Good.  Now that its summer I'm trying to pump twice a week to ad to my supply so I don't have to pump when I go back to work in the fall.  It's hard to motivate myself to pump when I don't have to.  No milk diet has been hard, but I'm doing it.

Do you have any worries or concerns at this point?  Nope

What is your goal? At least a year

Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    

• Who is still at it? Me

How's it going for you? Pretty good. My pumping output has gone down a good 3 ounces a day the past week, probably due to a combination of being sick, trying to eat healthier, and going on hormonal BC.

Do you have any worries or concerns at this point? None really. We supplement a bottle of formula at daycare some days. Only concern is if my supply dropped such that we couldn't nurse when we are together.

What is your goal? 12 months. I toyed with the idea of going longer but I think this will be the best balance for me.

DD 9/15/12
  • Wow, this is a lot of mommas still BF!  That's awesome!  People at work comment about how long I'm going so I'm glad I'm not weird!

But I love nursing.  Not so much when he bites with his teeth, but it's rare.  I do hate pumping still.  And with work being so busy, it's just getting tougher.  I'm not sure how much longer I can last with the pumping, but I still plan on nursing until 1 year.  I think at 9 months, though I would have to reassess the pump situation and potentially start formula.  We'll see...

• We're still BF and I'm happy we made past the initial 6 month goal - I wasn't sure we would. I'm a teacher and am almost out for the summer which is good because I'm so over pumping 3 times a day. We'll BF through the summer but when school starts back I will not be pumping anymore. Hopefully my supply will keep enough for me to nurse morning and night and just supplement with formula and frozen BM.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am. I thought with getting mastitis last week it was the end for us, but I only had to miss a couple sessions nursing on my bad boob. I powered through the pain the rest of the time and I'm happy it's mostly cleared up now.
    E eats a ton of solids and barely nurses these days, so I hope he's not self weaning. He actually won't take a bottle or cup, so the kid would dehydrate if he is. I constantly worry about supply issues with him even though he's gaining weight just fine.
    My goal is to get to a year when he can have cow's milk. I just sort of selfishly want the flexibility of not having to do it back, even though I know I'll miss it a little. I only made it to 9 months with DS1, and I definitely missed it but he just wasn't interested anymore and we were only nursing morning and night since I worked and my supply was almost nothing by then. This is the longest I've gone still nursing full time. E is 8 months.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• imageSarahW44:

Who is still at it? We are & I am so proud of myself!

How's it going for you? Great, we don't have any issues, it is easy though since I SAH it would stink to make and clean bottles all day. 

Do you have any worries or concerns at this point? Nope, just wondering what I am going to do with the massive amount of boob milk that is taking over my freezer!

What is your goal? I am hoping for one year. If we stop for some reason earlier I think I will have enough frozen milk to make it to a year. 

image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• imagepiffle42:
    imageLexiSophie55:

Still pumping 4 times a day and nursing once at night.  It's going okay.  I can see myself quitting soon - but I don't have a good reason to quit.  

He is not gaining much weight.  Possibly a pound in the last 2 months.  I'm not sure why....it's driving me a little crazy.

It's normal for their weight gain to slow as they become more mobile

I have heard that.  However, he is not really mobile.  He doesn't crawl or roll from back to belly.  He doesnt scoot either.  He does love to stand and jump.  I'm sure it's fine.  Of course I over think things.  I should get used to that... 

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
  • LorMorLorMor member

We're still going.

How's it going? Mostly great. She has suddenly become more efficient, so feeding duration has gone from an hour to about 20 min. Yay! I recently had trouble with vasospasm - very sore, but better now.

Worries or concerns? She won't take a bottle. I'm SAH so I don't NEED to force the issue, but I do sometimes wonder whether I should.

Goal? I've never had a goal, just see how it goes, but I'm hoping to just skip formula/bottles altogether.  

• I am!  The beginning was sooo rough, but I'm glad I stuck it out.

It's going great, but like you all, pumping at work sucks!  My pump is old, and not getting great suction, so I am not getting great output.  I've also had a cold for what seems like 5 weeks now.  When I am home for the weekend, he is completely satisfied nursing all day... but I cannot get what I sent to daycare for him pumping at work anymore.  I even still go nurse him at lunch every day.  So I feel like it's my pump, not necessarily my supply.

I just hope my pumping output picks back up.  

Hoping to get to a year. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Who is still at it? I am!  And what a difference 8 months makes.  Wink  It is so much easier than the beginning. 

How's it going for you? Great.  I 4 times a day to keep up with him.  And while it is getting old, I am very lucky to have my own office.  So I can get a ton of work done while I am pumping. 

Do you have any worries or concerns at this point? He got some good bites in when his two bottom teeth came in.  It took over a week for them to heal and I had to use the nipple shield during that time.  I am not looking forward to his top teeth to make an appearance.

What is your goal? 1 year and beyond if we can make it.  He is taking in a lot more solids these days.  But still nursing just as much.  He is a hunk o' chunk.  For real.

BabyFruit Ticker

imageimage 

BFP 1/24/2012 - DS Born 9/22/2012 (11 days early!)
    BFP 2/15/2014 - CP 2/19/2014
    BFP 11/4/2014 - Due 7/14/2015
  • Still at it. Hate pumping and looking forward to the summer break when I won't have to do it. My goal is December, but I will stop pumping in September.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • imageclrgrdfrk:

Still EP three times a day.. I recently cut one out. I am happier but my supply has tanked.

8 months will be in a couple weeks and after that I'll probably stop. Idk... I seem to say that ever month.

I EP also and going from 4 pumps to 3 really hurt my supply also.  I'm still trying to make it to a year which is really about 11 months or so on the pump because I have a huge stash from when she didn't like to eat....haha 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"