February 2012 Moms

GTKY - Cleaning

Since the PP seems like a lot of variances of "cleaning" so this might be a new one to do.  Also, include favorite brands or recipes for cleaners if you do natural or make your own! 

How often do you:

dust

vacuum

do dishes

wipe kitchen counters

laundry

change sheets

mop

clean toilets

clean windows (inside)

clean windowsills (inside) 

Do you clean a little at a time (like do all of one bathroom one day and the next do the other? etc.) or clean all at once?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GTKY - Cleaning

• How often do you:

dust

weekly 

vacuum

at least every other day (thank you inside shedding dog!) 

do dishes

every night 

wipe kitchen counters

every night 

laundry

usually every other day I have a load 

change sheets

every weekend we wash all sheets  

mop

about every 10 days or so 

clean toilets

once a week 

clean windows (inside)

eek, never - I hate to do it and we have blinds installed so they really aren't' bad 

clean windowsills (inside) 

every week I dust them 

Do you clean a little at a time (like do all of one bathroom one day and the next do the other? etc.) or clean all at once?

I would prefer to clean all at once.  I'd rather have a clean house than one clean room at a time - it would feel like that's all I'm doing

• dust - I try to do it weekly, but at worst case once per month.

vacuum - We don't have any carpets/rugs.

do dishes - Nightly or EO night.

wipe kitchen counters - Nightly

laundry - A couple loads per week for towels, and DH's uniforms.  I wash my clothes once a month maybe and Skyler's every 10 days or so.

change sheets - Weekly

mop - Once or twice a month

clean toilets - Weekly or biweekly depending on how busy we are.

clean windows (inside) - I just did this 2 weeks ago, but it was my second time doing it since we moved in November.

clean windowsills (inside) - Same as above.

Do you clean a little at a time (like do all of one bathroom one day and the next do the other? etc.) or clean all at once? -

I usually dust, clean bathrooms, change sheets, sweep and put on a load of laundry all at once.  If I'm focused I can do this all in less than an hour.  Then I get DH to mop.  Sometimes I will just sweep and mop on a random evening if it hasn't gotten done and the floors are gross.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I say vacuum, but that is our sweeping I guess.  We have tile everywhere except the boys rooms but we want to pull the carpet up and put down tile for allergies and if DS #2 has asthma which he is on the path to being diagnosed as he gets older we think.  So we use our shark vacuum and vacuum the tile.  
  • PegletPeglet member

We have cleaners who come about once a month. I am NOT a housekeeper...you might not like my answers!

How often do you:

dust       once a month or less

vacuum   rarely. DH does this

do dishes   every night or every other night

wipe kitchen counters   a few times a week

laundry   every other day

change sheets once a month or less

mop once a month or less

clean toilets a few times a week

clean windows (inside) twice a year

clean windowsills (inside) twice a year

Do you clean a little at a time (like do all of one bathroom one day and the next do the other? etc.) or clean all at once?  Mostly a little at a time

BabyFetus Ticker image imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• jk382jk382 member
    imagesapphirebride06:

Since the PP seems like a lot of variances of "cleaning" so this might be a new one to do.  Also, include favorite brands or recipes for cleaners if you do natural or make your own! 

How often do you:

dust:  Once a week if it is a good week.  

vacuum:  The main two levels a few times a week.  The upstairs usually gets done once a week.  

do dishes:  Every day

wipe kitchen counters:  After every meal

laundry:  At least one load per day.  We CD so I also wash diapers every other day.

change sheets:  Once a week

mop:  The kitchen gets done multiple times a week because Nolan has a habit of throwing food.  Everything else gets done once a week.

clean toilets:  Once a week

clean windows (inside):  I don't think I have ever done this :)

clean windowsills (inside):  Once a week

I try to clean all on one day, with the exception of picking up toys, dishes, laundry, the kitchen (gets done every night after I cook), and vacuuming/mopping the kitchen.  Some weeks it gets done, some it doesn't.  I always pick up before company though.  

• jk382jk382 member
    imagesapphirebride06:

How often do you:

dust:  Once a week if it is a good week.  

vacuum:  The main two levels a few times a week.  The upstairs usually gets done once a week.  

do dishes:  Every day

wipe kitchen counters:  After every meal

laundry:  At least one load per day.  We CD so I also wash diapers every other day.

change sheets:  Once a week

mop:  The kitchen gets done multiple times a week because Nolan has a habit of throwing food.  Everything else gets done once a week.

clean toilets:  Once a week

clean windows (inside):  I don't think I have ever done this :)

clean windowsills (inside):  Once a week

I try to clean all on one day, with the exception of picking up toys, dishes, laundry, the kitchen (gets done every night after I cook), and vacuuming/mopping the kitchen.  Some weeks it gets done, some it doesn't.  I always pick up before company though.  

• How often do you:

dust twice a week

vacuum. Twice a week

do dishes. Every night. I don't run the dishwasher if its not full but there are usually no dishes on the counter when I go to bed.

wipe kitchen counters every night after I do the dishes

laundry one load every week day.

change sheets every 2 to 3 weeks

mop once a week

clean toilets once a week

clean windows inside whenever they look dirty, maybe once a month

clean windowsills inside same as windows

Do you clean a little at a time like do all of one bathroom one day and the next do the other? etc. or clean all at once? I do a little bit each week day. I actually made a schedule last summer when I was still working so DH would know what needed done every day :: we worked opposite schedules so I didn't always know what he cleaned :: I've stuck to it even though I quit my job in September! The goal is to not have to clean on weekends so we can spend time together.
  • What is this strange word "cleaning" of which you speak of?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"