Pre-School and Daycare

Anyone been to JC Penny portrait studio? Or Portrait Simple?

Any idea of cost? Trying to find a place to get my two boys' photos taken in time to print one out for Father's Day - I'll be trying to do this next Saturday so I'll need to get the session on CD option and then go to CVS or something to print out a photo. My parents took their photos last year at Sears and they've closed their portrait studio :-(. I'd like nice, minimally-cheesy photos and don't want a bunch of extras.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers image

Re: Anyone been to JC Penny portrait studio? Or Portrait Simple?

• I've been very happy with JC Penny, but we only buy prints with the $4/sheet coupons. The CD's are expensive - minimum $130, if I remember correctly. 
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • JCP is very reasonable if you buy photos there by the sheet. The CD is expensive. They do a decent job. It's kind of hit or miss. I've had great photos and crappy ones, but it's cheap and super convenient so it's worked out better for me than anything else we've tried.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • ss+elss+el member

We have done Target, which uses the same portrait company as JCP (Lifetouch), always with the $3.99/sheet coupon and have never been anything but pleased. The ladies at ours are fantastic and the photos always turn out great.

On the same note, I have used an expensive regional chain studio, only because I won a nice $$ gift card, that I later found out is also just Lifetouch and the pictures were crap, so your mileage may vary by location. 

• imageNicoleWI:
    JCP is very reasonable if you buy photos there by the sheet. The CD is expensive. They do a decent job. It's kind of hit or miss. I've had great photos and crappy ones, but it's cheap and super convenient so it's worked out better for me than anything else we've tried.

This for us too.  

DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
    DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)
  • jc&catjc&cat member

I think that we're going to give JCP a whirl for DD's 2nd bday photos. A friend has been taking her LO there for just over a year and has come up with nice shots for reasonable price. I just got a groupon for JCP portrait studio and I think i deleted it by accident. I am going to check around for coupons and see what I can get.

I was using kiddie kandids for years with DS and loved them but that closed with Sears (same parent company for the portrait studios).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JCP you will pay a sitting fee per a person, session is only 10 min long, sheets are $4 each for normal sizes, CDs are like $150-200 and you would NOT have them in time.  I have tried them several times because of a lack of options here, and jave never gotten my CD sooner than 10 days.  They send out for it which is stupid,and weird.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • RaeAntRaeAnt member

JCP does...at least at our studios that we've used...offer a CD you can buy immediately. It is pricey and unedited. I know the regular CD, when last we bought one, was $150 plus tax. Our sessions we got a 10 -35 pictures; it depends on the photographer. If you can even get an appointment, your pictures wouldn't be done for otherwise 10+days normally. The sitting fee... they usually have coupons on their site for free sitting fee.

My suggestion is look online or from a friend to get pictures done. I found a wonderful photographer on FB that charged me $25-$50 a session because it's just a hobby for her.

If you are waiting until next Saturday, you really need to either do them yourself or have a friend or someone you trust take the pictures. Look on Pinterest for ideas.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"