February 2013 Moms
Options

condom fail?

Sagen's post got me thinking...

Has anyone on here ever gotten pregnant while using condoms?

Just for fun, I'll add that I realized this morning that my period is 4 days late. I've never been late and have had 3 periods since DD was born. I'd be shocked if I were pregnant though... We've been using condoms and really haven't been having that much sex!

Fingers crossed that I'm not pregnant! It wouldn't be the end of the world since we want our kids close in age, BUT I'm just not quite ready yet... hence the condoms Haha

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: condom fail?

• Options
    My SIL did. She wasn't ready to have kids but she's got a beautiful baby girl now!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

So... the single time DH and I have had sex, the condom both ripped and then slid off! (crummy non-latex kind)Thankfully we noticed before it was too late, but we didn't make a lot of effort to fix the issue (ahem, pull out) and then it was STUCK up there in me.  Found it eventually, but huge condom fail.  And even though we've been together for 10 years, one of the most embarrassing things to happen yet with the fishing for lost condom fun after.  Must find new birth control option.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagepitterpatter129:
    So... the single time DH and I have had sex, the condom both ripped and then slid off!nbsp;crummy nonlatex kindThankfully we noticed before it was too late, but we didn't make a lot of effort to fix the issue ahem, pull out and then it was STUCK up there in me.nbsp; Found it eventually, but huge condom fail.nbsp; And even though we've been together for 10 years, one of the most embarrassing things to happen yet with the fishing for lost condom fun after.nbsp; Must find new birth control option. nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;

Haha oops! That would be embarrassing... But it made me chuckle :

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

No BC is 100%. The statistics I've read say that if you have perfect condom use (if you read what common errors are, I have to admit that I make some of them, too), the failure rate is 2-3%. i.e. 2-3 women out of every 100 who use condoms correctly every time they have sex throughout the course of a year will still get pregnant. Those statistics are pretty much similar to other common BC methods. It's just easier to make mistakes with condoms, so the failure rate is higher.

I personally don't know of anyone who got pregnant while using condoms, but I do know a couple of women with BCP babies.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    I am the product of a failed condom.
  • Options
    My 3rd pregnancy was from a condom fail. Dh hung around too long after....
  • Options

imageColtsdad:
    I am the product of a failed condom.

haha, yup me too! :) 

• Options
    imageverovladamir:

imageTeacher Clark:
    imageDC2London:
    Yep. nbsp;I know several. nbsp;Tons of IUD BFP's lately, too.
    I've heard of a lot of IUD BFPs

Greeeeaaaattttt.... I have mirena. You just watch. This is my first time on BC of any kind other than charting. I charted all through college and never got pregnant until we were actually trying. Same with this LO, not till we were ready. I swear to you. I will have this IUD and will end up with a surprise baby. 

Though you would have to have sex for that to happen, so....

Very good point. Although I've noticed the few times I've felt up for it have probably been in the pre-O range (I'm not charting, so just guessing off of previous cycles and when I get AF). Probably the hormones saying "make a baby!" even though the entire rest of my physical and mental being is saying, "Dear Lord, not another one yet!!!"

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"