Babies on the Brain

How far away do you live from your ob?

This is a little bit of a random question, but my DH and I recently moved.  I have gone to the same obgyn for 7 years.  I like them and I had an appointment yesterday with his new CNM and I really like her. They are great when I have questions or need anything. We don't have children yet, but when we do, I would love to go to them. The problem is that they are about 50 minutes to an hour away without traffic. I'm just thinking if I would want to spend that amount of time in the car when in labor.  I don't really care right now for a once a year trip and it isn't far from work.

How far away do you travel?

tia! :) 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: How far away do you live from your ob?

• I live 5 minutes away, but I still went to them when I lived 45 minutes away. I love my OB. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • About 30 minutes away.  I went with that practice because it is affiliated with the hospital (same network; makes things easier for records etc..) and that hospital is only a mile away from the office.

The only downside is its downtown which means traffic can be a issue, but I try it to schedule appointments until after 9 so I skip the commuter traffic. 

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • The doctor I see is about 45 to 50 minutes away with out traffic, I absolutely love everyone there. they are very on top of things with me being high risk so to me they are worth every minute of the drive.
    ____________________________________________________________________________
                          My sweet Rylee girl 8-13-2007 and my sweet Emmett man 4-13-2010
                               Annaleigh Willow Elise born and passed at 26 weeks 1 day
                                      Thursday October 17th 2013 from trisomy 13
                                           Http://Alwaysannaleigh.WordPress.com

• I'm not sure what an obgyn is, but I'm guessing some sort of doctor. In which case I live a couple of minutes away from my local GP's surgery, about 10 minutes by car away from the hospital and about the same distance away from the childrens centre where the midwives are based.
  • He was in a town 1.5 hours away (highway driving). I would have drove fro a full day to see him though. 

Taking the Scenic Route
    FET: Success! Beta at 14dp5dt: 2427 TWINS!!
  • I live about 30-45 minutes away from my obgyn (depending on traffic). I've been going to her for 8 years and she even did my laparoscopic surgery a year and a half ago. I really like her and I can't imagine changing docs, but I too struggle with the idea of trying to get to her affiliated hospital if/when I become pregnant and later go into labor. I think I'm just going to stay with her and hope all goes well.
  • My OB/MW (and now MFM) practices are all about 3 minutes from my office, but about an hour from my house. I've been with the midwives for ~7 years now and it's never been an issue.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • I live about 20 minutes away and work 2 minutes away
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • How far are you from the hospital you would be delivering at? I think this is more important. Also if you plan to get pregnant while working would you be able to take a 3 hour break to go for check ups (one hour drive each way + appointment?)

I'm about 10 minutes including any traffic. The office is right outside of the hospital so that eases worries for me. Many women in my family have had very fast deliveries (1-2 hours is the norm) so I want to be pretty close. It all depends on your comfort zone really... there are plenty of women who are over an hour from a hospital so it's not really a huge deal as long as long as your pregnancy doesn't have any complications. 

• I live 20 minutes from my ob.
  • From my OB, I live about 30-40 minutes away depending on traffic, and the hospital he delivers at is about 45 minutes away. I'm also about 7-10 minutes away from school. I don't mind the drive unless traffic is super bad, which it usually isn't. But I love my OB and wouldn't change even if there was another office right outside on my door step. 
  • My OB is 45 minutes away.  We would have to drive at least 20 or 30 minutes to the nearest hospital regardless of where my OB is though because there isnt one closer.

....but yes, being that far away makes me nervous. 

DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"