September 2013 Moms

Why am I so nervous?

Ok, so in one hour and 10 minutes, I have my GD test.  I have not worried about it at all for the past two months I have known about it.  BUT, after getting on here yesterday and reading how everyone else felt after wards, I'm a nervous wreck!

I'm not worried about how this stuff is going to taste.  I have had a colonoscopy. If I can stomach that drink, this should be a breeze.  I'm not even worried about the outcome.  If I have diabetes, I know how to handle it.  My mother has been insulin dependent since I was 8 (I'm 30 now).  I have handled diabetes and I am prepared.  I am just SO worried about how I am going to feel afterwards.  I have my test then I HAVE to come back to work.

Was anyone esle this worried? How did you feel?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Why am I so nervous?

• just try to relax as much as possible. :) ( i know it's hard to do) and good luck to you!
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• I was a little worried too but I felt perfectly fine afterwards. Try to relax!
    January Siggy Challenge: Why I don't shop at Walmart 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • It's just sugar, so nothing to be worried about. I have taken it 5 times throughout my pregnancies. Although I feel lethargic after taking in so much sugar, it's really not bad and I always go into work after. Just take some protein with you to eat afterwards to balance out all the sugar. 
    E 03.10
    H 11.11
    C 08.13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks ladies.  The orange drink wasn't bad.  Just kind of thick and very sweet.  I'm starving this morning from the fasting!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Try not to worry too much!  I didn't feel that bad after it last time!  I just went and ate something pretty soon after and I felt fine.  Not everyone feels icky after it.
    Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• I was super nervous too this am. I took the organge drink, tasted like the orange pop at mcdonalds. I felt fine but now im tired after the bloodwork. Im only 110 at 6 months prego.. Soooo... But im ok. I was all worried id throw up.. Now just waiting on results tomorrow and tryin to rest and get energy back.
  • NYHeelNYHeel member
    I'm confused - are you supposed to fast before the test? My doctor's office told me I didn't need to. 
  • imageNYHeel:
    I'm confused are you supposed to fast before the test? My doctor's office told me I didn't need to.nbsp;

Different offices have different protocols. Lots of my girlfriends didn't have to fast before their test but I did. If your doctor didn't say anything your probably in the clear.
  • NYHeelNYHeel member
    Thanks! I just confirmed with them that I don't need to fast. (Counting myself lucky!)
  • I had to fast.  And the test went fine!  I got a major headache, but no other icky feelings! YAY, now just to find out the results tomorrow.  AND I now go on to my 2 week appointments.  Baby girl's HB was 145!  Oh, and I am only up 4 pounds this month bringing me to a total of 12 pounds gained total.  I am on cloud nine this afternoon!  Thank you ladies for all your encouraging words!  And good luck to all those still waiting on results or to test.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"