Babies on the Brain

XP: Update to scary stuff on Monday.

Good news: found out that there's no placenta tear and that the cause of the bleeding is a cervical polyp. The MW used silver nitrate to stop the bleeding and that seems to be working well already. Baby is also doing great.

Bad news: We found out via transvaginal ultrasound that my cervix is already at 2.2cm, which is apparently really, really short. I have a followup MFM appointment in nine days and at that point if my cervix is the same length or any shorter, I'll be pushing for a cerclage and P17 shots. The stats for making it to full term or even to viability w/ a cervix that short at 18.5w aren't really good and I knew that incompetent cervix was a possibility already due to a LEEP several years ago and my cervix getting messed with several times in the last 18 mos (HSG, four IUIs, D&C, IVF). I could use any and all of the good vibes and prayers y'all have got.
Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.

Re: XP: Update to scary stuff on Monday.

• T & P for sure! Though that's great about the bleeding.
    First comes Love Nov 11,  2003, Then Marriage: Aug. 23, 2006. Baby??? TTC since May 2010. Started seeking additional medical intervention (again) Summer 2013, finally appointment is booked!
    Formerly buttercupaug 06 - and I was almost silver :(
    PAIF/SAIF/PGAL/PAL ALL WELCOME!
    Aug 16, 2013 - SA done - All good strong numbers
    Apr 3, 2014 - Consult with OBGYN to get my testing started.
    Mar 6, 2014 - Surprise BFP!!!! EDD Nov 9th. Consult with OBGYN changed to prenatal meet and greet!
    May 2, 2014 - NT scan perfect! Can't wait to find out what team we're on. 

June 11, 2014 - it's official, we're TEAM PINK!!!
    Welcome Piper Laine!! November 10, 2014
    imageimageimage

• Huge hugs to you. Glad the bleeding had stopped and everything crossed for a nice long cervix.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • Lots of positive thoughts.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • ((hugs)) Prayers and good thoughts to you.  

I'm surprised you aren't on bed rest. I would absolutely get a cerclage and progesterone. Once you hit viability I would push for steroids too. Hang in there.  

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Sending everything I have your way.

Are you still on bedrest?
  • Ihope your cervix smartens up in a quick hurry.
    Taking the Scenic Route
    FET: Success! Beta at 14dp5dt: 2427 TWINS!!
  • I'm not on bedrest yet but I'm on an incredibly short leash. Basically if I can't stay off my feet at work, they'll pull me. Luckily I sit at a desk all day anyways plus DH and I commute together so he will be driving and dropping me at my office door each day. I'm going to call my IVF clinic to see if any of my early pg ultrasounds happened to grab a cervical length measurement and then I'm calling the MFM to get a quicker apt to discuss cerclage and p17. Basically I'm not taking no for an answer.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Good luck! I have everything crossed for you.
  • I'll be praying for you. I have had 2 LEEPS, and mine caused scar tissue. I couldn't dilate on my own. It's crazy how the same procedure can cause such different things. Good luck. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way.

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sending lots of good strong long and locked up tight cervix thoughts your way. hugs
    ____________________________________________________________________________
                          My sweet Rylee girl 8-13-2007 and my sweet Emmett man 4-13-2010
                               Annaleigh Willow Elise born and passed at 26 weeks 1 day
                                      Thursday October 17th 2013 from trisomy 13
                                           Http://Alwaysannaleigh.WordPress.com

• Sending you lots of good vibes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSpooko:
    Feel free to tell me this is a stupid question, but is the cervix part something that can improve? Like reverse itself? Or, is it one of those things you hope just holds constant and doesn't get worse?

My (very vague) understanding is that yes, as a general rule the cervix is dynamic and can reverse itself/get longer again/whatever you want to call it. BUT given my medical history and the fact that it's already so short at 18 weeks (with a very limited amount of time left that they can even do the cerclage - it can't be done if I start contracting) it seems to make sense to get the cerclage done ASAP rather than sit here and cross my fingers that it could improve on its own. At least, that's my Dr. Google, MD answer. I really hope the MFM team agrees with me - I don't think I'll be taking no for an answer.

• imageDebateThis:

imageSpooko:
    Feel free to tell me this is a stupid question, but is the cervix part something that can improve? Like reverse itself? Or, is it one of those things you hope just holds constant and doesn't get worse?

My (very vague) understanding is that yes, as a general rule the cervix is dynamic and can reverse itself/get longer again/whatever you want to call it. BUT given my medical history and the fact that it's already so short at 18 weeks (with a very limited amount of time left that they can even do the cerclage - it can't be done if I start contracting) it seems to make sense to get the cerclage done ASAP rather than sit here and cross my fingers that it could improve on its own. At least, that's my Dr. Google, MD answer. I really hope the MFM team agrees with me - I don't think I'll be taking no for an answer.

::puts nurse hat on::

Yes, your cervix length can change based on a variety of factors. A cerclage and/or bed rest could reverse the shortening or (most likely in DT's case) keep it from shortening more and causing labor. 

::puts friend hat on::

Lib, be the pushy broad I know you can be. You are your best advocate.  

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • imagebugandbibs:
    imageDebateThis:

imageSpooko:

::puts nurse hat on::

Yes, your cervix length can change based on a variety of factors. A cerclage and/or bed rest could reverse the shortening or (most likely in DT's case) keep it from shortening more and causing labor. 

::puts friend hat on::

Lib, be the pushy broad I know you can be. You are your best advocate.  

Yes

My apt was bumped up to Tuesday, so only four days to go. ::cleansing breaths::

• imagehischelseababy:
    Hoping for the best!
    Where the heck have you been lady?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"