Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Different formulas...

We use Similac, but I have all these coupons for Enfamil.  I asked the doctor if it was ok to use different formulas and she said it was alright to do it here and there because they have most of the same ingredients in them, but don't do it all the time.  Would you do it?

Re: Different formulas...

• Options
    If I had a lot of coupons I would. Though you should give a few days inbetween switching formulas because even though they are all -almost- made with the same ingredients, sometimes switching makes babies more gassy/fussy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We use Nutramigen, but our pedi actually gave us some read-to-serve Similac that is basically the same formula. We asked about switching back and forth, and she said it was fine, but to just know that baby might prefer the taste of one over the other.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageZippydoo:
    We use Similac, but I have all these coupons for Enfamil.  I asked the doctor if it was ok to use different formulas and she said it was alright to do it here and there because they have most of the same ingredients in them, but don't do it all the time.  Would you do it?

I have the same issue and many more samples of Enfamil but not going to since LO is doing so well with eating/sleeping schedule and no gas/fussiness issues. Im afraid to ruin a good thing.  Will just donate the Enfamil to women who need it. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    According to my pedi, it's ok. But since switching back and forth to different formulas makes DS extra gassy and constipated, I just stick to one formula.
  • Options
    We switched from Enfamil to Similac and it made my DD very constipated for 5 days it was miserable, I dont suggest it. Put out a post about switching someone brands of formula checks.
  • Options
    I wouldn't do it. LO was so fussy/gassy when we switched. It takes a few days to get used to another formula. I would stick to whatever you have been using if it works and trade coupons with someone. I traded almost all of mine pretty easily.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"