May 2013 Moms

Maternit21

Hi, Lurker with a question.

If you had this test done... Were they able to accurately tell you the gender of your LO?

TIA

~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Maternit21

• I didn't have it done but yes, they can get the gender as they identify the genes
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagetailanis:

If you had this test done... Were they able to accurately tell you the gender of your LO?

TIA

I had the Verifi Test which is similar and it was accurate.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBeesMomma00:
    imagetailanis:

TIA

Did you have a boy or a girl?

~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetailanis:
    imageBeesMomma00:
    imagetailanis:

TIA

Girl...  The Chinese Gender Chart was accurate as well. LOL

• imageBeesMomma00:
    imagetailanis:
    imageBeesMomma00:
    imagetailanis:

TIA

At first I wanted a boy... but now that they told me I'm having a girl I feel happy about it.  I would really hate for this test to be wrong now. :(

I guess I have to wait for the ultrasound to confirm. :) thanks for your reply

• imagetailanis:
    Hi, Lurker with a question. If you had this test done... Were they able to accurately tell you the gender of your LO?TIA

We had already had two ultrasounds that confirmed the gender before we did the blood test but I'm pretty sure that the Maternit21 is correct because they isolate the baby's DNA from your blood.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • HZ2012HZ2012 member
    Yes mine was accurate
  • imagejenb1205:
    imagetailanis:
    Hi, Lurker with a question. If you had this test done... Were they able to accurately tell you the gender of your LO?TIA
    We had already had two ultrasounds that confirmed the gender before we did the blood test but I'm pretty sure that the Maternit21 is correct because they isolate the baby's DNA from your blood.

I guess I freaked out today because I read about a woman who was told girl with the test and ended up with a boy.  She mentioned that if you get the test done before 13 weeks is not so likely to pick up the Y's( boy) in your blood.  This is why I decided to come here and ask just to be sure.

• Yes, it accurately said I was having a girl although the gender results are supposed to be 94% accurate. Still, that is probably more accurate than u/s gender determinations.

[EDIT: I had the test done at 11.5 weeks.]

• imageMotherMayEye:

Yes, it accurately said I was having a girl although the gender results are supposed to be 94% accurate. Still, that is probably more accurate than u/s gender determinations.

[EDIT: I had the test done at 11.5 weeks.]

Thank you, your post brings me comfort. I was told it was a girl and I had the test done at 12 weeks I believe.

• imagetailanis:
    imageBeesMomma00:
    imagetailanis:
    imageBeesMomma00:
    imagetailanis:

TIA

At first I wanted a boy... but now that they told me I'm having a girl I feel happy about it.  I would really hate for this test to be wrong now. :(

I guess I have to wait for the ultrasound to confirm. :) thanks for your reply

I did not have the Materni21 test but those types of test use the baby's genes so I believe there's less than a .01 percent margin of error.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"