1st Trimester

Avoiding stretch marks

I've read a lot that stretch marks are mostly genetic but I've still been slathering oils and creams on my body in preparation for some stretching that will be happening.  I was wondering what everyone else is doing or planning to do.  I'm using Palmer's Stretch Mark oil and cream which makes my belly really soft. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Avoiding stretch marks

• I did the same thing, and the lotion is very helpful in preventing dry, itchy skin. I have a ton of stretch marks anyways!
  • I think I'm using the generic version of the Palmers stretch mark cream.  We'll see how that works.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I used cocoa butter and still have an ass full of strech marks lol
  • imagemrs.sheller:
    I did the same thing, and the lotion is very helpful in preventing dry, itchy skin. I have a ton of stretch marks anyways!

what she said.?

• i'm using Palmer's, but there's no way to prevent them.  if you're going to get them, you're going to get them.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I know the biggest thing is to make sure it have vitamin E. This "programs" your skin cells to lay normally as your skin grows as opposed to just throwing down cells every which way which is how scarring forms.

• I use Palmers in the morning and then before bed I use Biggs and Featherbelle Belly Balm. I used both for my last pregnancy and was able to avoid stretch marks, and dry itching skin.
  • Currently I use Curel for Pregnancy
  • Using Palmer's makes me feel like I'm doing something, and at least my skin stays moisturized.
  • I didn't use anything last time and got no stretchmarks, but may this time b/c apparently the stretching is faster 2nd time.  Does the Palmers have phthalates or parabens in it?
  • Yes, stretch marks are genetic (unless you are like my friend who had triplets)--no lotion is going to help. Sorry :/
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
    Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
    Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I probably wont do anything. I doubt I'll be in a bikini post baby since I didn't wear them prebaby....and I'm so pale they'll blend right in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Bio oil! Buy it!! lol

• I am not going down without a fight! ?I am alternating between Tummy Honey Butter & Mambina Belly Butter.
  • I've used the Curel PG lotion the whole time- not sure if it does anything, but I've used it on my belly/boobs only and have NO stretch marks there. I DO have some on my arse where I did not use it! LOL! I think it's just coincidence though!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Stretch marks aren't terrible ya know. Mine are pretty darn faded already  and don't even look that bad [I have them below my belly button, they look like little wings springing from my vag]. I am totally wearing a bikini next year. IMO the linea nigra looks a shitton worse than the stretchies and it's not going away.
    2 losses
    2 beautiful children
    proud mommy!
  • I used Tummy Butter twice a day and I am covered in strech marks...it did make my skin itch less though.
  • imagefallbride00:
    I've read a lot that stretch marks are mostly genetic but I've still been slathering oils and creams on my body in preparation for some stretching that will be happening.  I was wondering what everyone else is doing or planning to do.  I'm using Palmer's Stretch Mark oil and cream which makes my belly really soft. 

GL - it's all genetics. 

• One of my friends who has stretchmarks from gaining weight pre prego made sure she was taking a good vitiamin C supplement and she did not get any and she had a BIG belly so that is what i am going to do.
  • My U/S tech shared a funny story that one time she couldn't get the baby to sit still and the girl's heart rate was off the charts....the Dr asked if she was drinking caffine and she said no...but that she was using cocoa butter like six times a day to avoid stretch marks....cocoa=caffiene=high heart rate!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"