April 2013 Moms

Not normal ??!

So I always see you ladies posting about how your lo's sleep for 5 or 6 hours straight , and idk but my ds has always slept through the night from 10 pm to about 8:30 am so is this like not normal ?? Should I call his doctor maybe ?? I just feel like I can't relate to the MOTN feedings and being sleep deprived I'm almost concerned something's wrong with my lo !

Re: Not normal ??!

• Cherish your sleep. Cherish. It.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Count your blessings and don't mention it in public because people will curse you : there is nothing wrong with your baby you are just very lucky!
  • Loading the player...
  • how old is you lo?  how big is he?  if he's gaining weight and growing, i would just count your blessings!  are you bf or ff?  if you are bf and not having supply issues with going so long, even better for you! 

13 weeks or 13lbs is an old general rule of thumb for when the average baby is capable of sttn - but that in no way applies to all babies.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageskidderdo:
    Cherish your sleep. Cherish. It.
    YES. THIS. Also I envy you.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • imageblueandgray:
    how old is you lo?nbsp; how big is he?nbsp; if he's gaining weight and growing, i would just count your blessings!nbsp; are you bf or ff?nbsp; if you are bf and not having supply issues with going so long, even better for you!nbsp; 13 weeks or 13lbs is an old general rule of thumb for when the average baby is capable of sttn but that in no way applies to all babies.

He'll be 2 months on the 14th and he weighs about 8 pounds, and I'm formula feeding I tried breast feeding the first 3 weeks but he wouldn't take it and even when given in a bottle he would spit it out , like literally wouldn't swallow it ! And he's been with the same sleep pattern since we brought him home 3 days after I had him ! I guess I am lucky and do need to count my blessings !! :
  • If you WORRY about this, I will slap you.  ENJOY it and be grateful.  Sleep deprivation is no joke.  I was not prepared for what it would do to both DH and I.

You don't WANT to have to relate to MOTN feedings.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I could not imagine an 8lb 2 month old since DD was 8lbs 13oz at BIRTH. She also has slept through the night since birth. Started at about 5 hours then slept longer and longer. She now sleeps fro 10pm to about 7am. She wakes up starving but mama is happy b/c I get my sleep. There was a weight concern at 4 weeks because even though she was gaining weight she dropped from the 90th percentile to the 75th. But 2 weeks later she was still gaining and still in the 75th percentile so Dr said it was okay to let her sleep as long as she still gains at her 8 week check up and is having plenty of wet diapers. I keep an eye out for dehydration (especially sine the weather is getting warmer now). 

Enjoy the sleep 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Enjoy it and I agree. Don't speak about it!

I'm envious of myself from my first baby who slept 6+ hours at 3 weeks. I only wish this kid would do that on a consistent basis! 

• imageMommyP26:
    So I always see you ladies posting about how your lo's sleep for 5 or 6 hours straight , and idk but my ds has always slept through the night from 10 pm to about 8:30 am so is this like not normal ?? Should I call his doctor maybe ?? I just feel like I can't relate to the MOTN feedings and being sleep deprived I'm almost concerned something's wrong with my lo !

My LO sleeps 8:30p -5 am, eats fine during day, gets his ounces in then and gained 3+lbs since birth so not concerned.  He gets a lot of awake time during the day as well so not like he sleeps all the time.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagebdcram:
    Is this MUD? If not, enjoy your sleep.

I was thinking the same thing!

BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You should really ask your pedi. 8 lbs does not seem like a healthy weight for a full term baby who is now 2 months old, but I do not know his history.

Layne-May 6, 2013

Callie-February 14, 2011

• imagesuedell:
    Count your blessings and don't mention it in public because people will curse you : there is nothing wrong with your baby you are just very lucky!

This exactly I'm cursing u out now lol
  • If the doctor isn't concerned about your LO's weight and it is going up consistently then LO is fine. I say this because I was never on the charts but went up consistently in weight and was super healthy. Same with my son, he was 9lbs 1oz a couple days ago (7 percentile) but he is gaining normal amounts each visit and is super healthy. And as for the sleeping... enjoy it =)
    IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • imageGrace0609:
    If your baby was full term and normal sized and only weighs 8 lb at 2 months, then, yes, I would worry about him sleeping thru feedings and I would talk to your pediatrician.

He'll be 2 months in a week and the 8 pounds is from his 1 month check up so I will bring it up if he didn't gain weight at this next app
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"