February 2012 Moms

can i complain here for a minute?

Our backyard neighbors have this teenager kid who enjoys playing LaCrosse... Ok great, however his hobbies are becoming a serious PITA.

These balls are extremely hard... And fly in our yard at great speed. I'm pretty sure If one ever hit me in the head I'd end up in the hospital.
I never take DS out in our back yard when I see him out there. And I try to go out the other door when I need to go out for a minute.
Anyways his balls have hit our house at such great force that he has dented ourstorm door, put a hole in one of our screens, and just recently knocked the clock off the wall...on the inside.
So he jumps the fence and gets his balls from our backyard.
I just went out there with DS because I was waiting for DH to get home. I didn'tsee the kid in his babackyard so I figured the coast was clear.
NOPE. Kids standing 2 feet away from my back door getting his ball. Scared the sh!t out of me.
Anyways this kid is getting really annoying.....
I feel bad because it's his "thing" and we all need hobbies. Just sucks. And I feel totally UNclassy, because I had my kid In one hand, and a beer in the other, wearing my bummy pajama shorts. I just feel so invaded.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: can i complain here for a minute?

• That is seriously not cool. If he has done damage to your house he needs to be paying for it!!! My brother and I used to hit a few golf balls in our backyard when we were little. The first time one went over the fence it broke our neighbors window. Dad paid for it, and we were only allowed to hit plastic balls from then on out. Same with baseballs and softballs. Once we got tothe age we could hit them over the fence we had to go to the park to play. That kid does not need to be practicing in his backyard if they are constantly flying over the fence!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Also, let him know that if he hits one in your yard knock on your door to let you know...
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh wow, I would be having a SERIOUS conversation with his parents. I had a student that played lacrosse and when she got hit in the head, she got a concussion. He obviously has no respect for the boundaries between your yard and his, so don't be afraid to speak up and say, "Hey, I understand you enjoy practicing in your backyard, but for our safety please keep the ball from coming into our yard." He needs to know YOUR boundaries! 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagepinkshades05:
    Oh wow, I would be having a SERIOUS conversation with his parents. I had a student that played lacrosse and when she got hit in the head, she got a concussion. He obviously has no respect for the boundaries between your yard and his, so don't be afraid to speak up and say, "Hey, I understand you enjoy practicing in your backyard, but for our safety please keep the ball from coming into our yard."nbsp;He needs to know YOUR boundaries!nbsp;

This. That's a serious safety issue. There's no need for that ball to come onto your property.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • That is dangerous, and I would have no problem telling my neighbour that it is a problem. I get that it is the kid's hobby, but obviously it's not one that he can contain to their yard, so they need to find a place that he can do that stuff where he isn't endangering the neightbours surrounding him... like a park...
  • I would absolutely speak with his parents. Then I would reinforce the message with him. Next time a ball comes into your yard and he hops the fence, if it continues, I would call the police for trespassing. I am not kidding. I would take this full on as it impacts your ability to be outside your own home safely.
  • Ah, hell no!  That's disrespectful and rude, let alone unsafe.  Does he know what would happened if it hit your son?  I'd tell his parents in NO uncertain terms what would happen to their child if that happens.  Explain to them the current damage.  Maybe they don't know their kid is a D-bag??
  • I feel bad for him because I've overheard his parents yelling at him, and calling him derogatory names. The net is now facing his house, but he's not really playing anymore and his parents were yelling at him again.
    DH wants to buy a net to block our yards... I think that's really frickin sweet of him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"