April 2013 Moms

That really just happened..

Had my six week check-up today (everything is good, getting Mirena next week woohoo!) and Tyler started crying right as the doctor was walking in.

She suggested I pick him up and just hold him during the exam. So, I ended up breastfeeding him throughout the pelvic exam. Awkward? Yep. Sometimes I think my life could be a sitcom.

Lucas 3.5.11
Tyler 4.23.13

Re: That really just happened..

• Same thing happened to me.  My exam started and DD got hysterical.  The entire office could hear her screaming.  It broke my heart :-( 
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Same thing happened to me except I wasn't brave enough to pop a boob out so I gave DS a bottle. My OB said women bf all the time while getting examined!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • SRK128SRK128 member
    Yesterday's story for us!
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • DH is coming home early Thursday so I can go to the dr and dentist in peace :
    Together happily for 7 years, Married March 2012--Buckle up! BabyFruit Ticker
  • That just cracked me up! I've often said my life should be a sitcom! I'm so lucky that my mom is retired and has been able to take care of the baby at my appointments!
  • leasajleasaj member
    Lol....one of the nurses took my LO during exam.
  • Ha ! I had MIL watch ds for me but I had to take dd who is 17 months and when the dr did my exam she was all up in my stuff and just wanted to see mommies goodies ! So one of the nurses ended up watching her ! Lol !
  • Haha too funny at the nurses watching LOs! They probably love it since they mostly get pregnant patients

Lucas 3.5.11
    Tyler 4.23.13
  • imagevaness1229:
    Same thing happened to me except I wasn't brave enough to pop a boob out so I gave DS a bottle. My OB said women bf all the time while getting examined!

That is funny! It was her idea after all or else I probably would have let him fuss the five minutes it took to be examined.

Lucas 3.5.11
    Tyler 4.23.13
  • I had to take DS with me to my 6 week appt.  The nurse offered to take him but I declined as he was being good in his car seat.  After she left the room he filled his diaper and went into meltdown mode.  When the doc came in I wa trying to hold the sheet around my lower half and give DS a bottle at the same time.  Doc quickly examined me and then grabbed DS out.  It was my nightmare come to life.
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMommyP26:
    Ha ! I had MIL watch ds for me but I had to take dd who is 17 months and when the dr did my exam she was all up in my stuff and just wanted to see mommies goodies ! So one of the nurses ended up watching her ! Lol !

Omg! Hysterical! She's so curious!

Lucas 3.5.11
    Tyler 4.23.13
  • imageleasaj:
    Lol....one of the nurses took my LO during exam.

Same
  • I wouldn't have thought twice about about that. I was more worried about the fact that DD has terrible gas that smells like a man and the OB would think it was me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"