Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

5 am wakeups

LO used to sleep from 7:30 pm to 6:30 am until he recently started waking up at 5:00 am.  We don't go in right away, hoping that he will work it out and go back to sleep for a little bit.  He goes back down for 5-10 minutes at a time, only to stand up again and whimper that he wants someone to get him.  This morning it went on for an hour, with him lying back down, going back to sleep and then standing back up, repeatedly.  Any ideas for how to get him back to a more human (for mommy and daddy) wakeup time?  He naps well during the day.  He eats and drinks well.  He's not sick. 
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: 5 am wakeups

• No great advice, just empathy.  We had a similar move from 6:30/7 to 5/5:30.   The only solution I've found you're not going to like.  He was sick this weekend and woke up multiple times Saturday night, then slept till 9.  He was up at 3:30 this morning, then slept till 7.  To be honest, that's not ideal either!
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine was doing early morning wake ups too and she's definitely working on switching to one nap a day.  When she naps once a day for a few days at a time, her morning wake up is getting a little later each day- it's around 7-7:30 lately!
  • Loading the player...
  • We are having the exact same issue.  I didnt notice how old your LO is but my LO is starting to walk so Im wondering if that has something to do with it.  He is also teething.  Good luck!  You're not alone! ha
  • Honestly, I think it's because the sun is rising earlier.  In the winter, DS slept until 7:30 or 8 sometimes.  My DS seems to want to be up before the sun.  I've put my foot down and decided I won't get him until 6am.  Although I still wake up when I hear him up, it gives me an extra hour to rest a little before getting him.  Here's hoping he eventually decides before sunrise isn't a good time to be awake.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • My 21 month old is up between 5 and 5:30 every day. I have no solution! All I can say is that for a while he would wake up at 4:30 and now 5 doesn't seem so bad. 
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My daughter was doing the same thing a few weeks ago. After a few days of 5am wake-up calls, we got room darkening curtains from Target. She's back to waking up at 7 yay! Of course, the other day she figured out how to climb out of her crib, so that's a whole other issue we're dealing with now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"