February 2013 Moms

Please help

Luke has been acting miserable since Sunday. Ok..He is normally a great sleeper we bed share and he sleeps from 9:304am eats sleeps until 7am. He is a very happy, content baby I hold him a lot but he does perfectly fine in his swing or bouncer as long as he can see me. We EBF he nurses every two hours still and naps after he eats.

Since Sunday he's been a grump. He will refuse to nurse for up to 4 hours between feedings. He has had a temp of 99degrees off and on but no higher than that. He cries and kicks if I put him down, even at night. Last night for about 3 hours he would wake up and cry unless I was rocking or bouncing him. I have given him Tylonel and it helps I don't know if he's teething or what I'm kinda new at all this lol. He has always been a spitter but lately it's been a bit more slimy and he has been drooling a LOT.

Sorry this is so long I just need some help.

Re: Please help

• He might be teething already.  E is doing a lot of this and today I felt a little tooth poking through his gums.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• emd886emd886 member
    My little man has been like this for a few days now. He has a cold and he's teethign :-/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It does sound like he could be teething. I have no advice, but I can commiserate with you. DD has been a mess the past few days. If she's not being held or played with, all she does is fuss and yell. I think she is teething as well, plus I know she's tired because she only ever naps for a half hour before waking up! It's driving me insane. And she gets her 4 month shots tomorrow, I'm sure that will help.... NOT.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• imagekleigh926:
    It does sound like he could be teething. I have no advice, but I can commiserate with you. DD has been a mess the past few days. If she's not being held or played with, all she does is fuss and yell. I think she is teething as well, plus I know she's tired because she only ever naps for a half hour before waking up! It's driving me insane. And she gets her 4 month shots tomorrow, I'm sure that will help.... NOT.

Our children should be BFFs, because this is DS to the letter right now. The minute you put him down he starts crying, and he wakes up crying/whining from all his naps because he's overtired from little catnaps all day. It's been a real peach in the 90 degree heat with AC in only our bedrooms. The bedrooms in our house are small so we can't really hang out in there all day, there's no room for any of DS's toys/seats. Not that it matters he will only be in any one of those things for about two minutes lately. How come the pleasant phases never last as long as the tricky ones? Confused

• Gahh I hope teething isn't always this miserable. What things are you doing to 'cope' I guess is the word? And what other than Tylenol for teething?
  • DD is doing that at the moment for me to, today she has been miserable and almost impossible to console. And the drooling is on the verge of flooding the place (I swear). I think its teething for her but just figured I would let you know your LO isn't alone!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Ugh. I feel for you - I am in the same club! DS has been acting whacko for a week now and I'm banging my head against the wall trying to figure it out! Growth spurt? Overtiredness? Teething? All of the above??

I wish they could just tell us what was bothering them! :P 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• imageDublinMama:

imagekleigh926:
    It does sound like he could be teething. I have no advice, but I can commiserate with you. DD has been a mess the past few days. If she's not being held or played with, all she does is fuss and yell. I think she is teething as well, plus I know she's tired because she only ever naps for a half hour before waking up! It's driving me insane. And she gets her 4 month shots tomorrow, I'm sure that will help.... NOT.

Our children should be BFFs, because this is DS to the letter right now. The minute you put him down he starts crying, and he wakes up crying/whining from all his naps because he's overtired from little catnaps all day. It's been a real peach in the 90 degree heat with AC in only our bedrooms. The bedrooms in our house are small so we can't really hang out in there all day, there's no room for any of DS's toys/seats. Not that it matters he will only be in any one of those things for about two minutes lately. How come the pleasant phases never last as long as the tricky ones? Confused

Are we twins? We also only have AC in our small bedrooms! Totally sucks on the hot days!
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• It could be a growth spurt or just a phase. My dd did that the other week. My pedi advised against Tylenol at this age so I might hold off on that unless yours specifically recommends it. They said the exception is vaccines. 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Lbug09Lbug09 member
    Mine has been crazy fussy too! And of course it was the week we flew to TX to meet DH's family!! Some of them for the first time. He'll cry unless he's being walked around and facing out. Sometimes even with all that he'll cry. He's drooling a ton and constantly gnawing on his fingers. If its teething, does it last like this the whole time??
  • I thought DD was teething too but it turned out to be an ear infection.  She didn't want to be put on her back, was fussy, and had a slight temp and runny nose.  She also was drooling and gnawing on things.  Please get checked out just in case.  Ellie is on antibiotics now and she is like a totally different baby!  All better!  Just an FYI!  Drooling and fussiness doesn't always mean they are teething. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"