April 2013 Moms

Why baby?

Why do you struggle and fight your way out of your swaddle? It never makes you happy. And then I have to wrap you up again and that really doesn't make you happy. Must we do this every night?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Why baby?

• Maybe they don't like to be swaddled. My LO only tolerated it for the first week. She likes to sleep with her arms out and stretched above her head.
  • leasajleasaj member
    Mine never was happy being swaddled....even in hospital. She screamed the whole tie as soon as she was free she stopped.
  • Loading the player...
  • My baby doesn't cry in the morning but I hear her grunting and struggling...sure enough it's her first task of the day to get her arms and hands out of her swaddle...go figure
    Together happily for 7 years, Married March 2012--Buckle up! BabyFruit Ticker
  • If your baby actually does sleep better swaddled, google the miracle swaddle. There's a YouTube video that demos how you use a small receiving blanket to wrap up the baby's arms, then swaddle per usual on top (1 video uses a Swaddle Me wrap, but others just use a regular swaddle blanket - both work). I did this all the time with dd1 once she got strong enough to break out of her regular swaddled and worked like magic. I did it for the first time with dd2 last night and she was back to only waking up once. Heaven!
  • Mine fights his at first and tries to escape. After a few minutes he is out like a light! He only sleeps about half an hour out of it, but will sleep through the night or take a two hour nap when he is swaddled. His flailing arms wake him up.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• imagelpowell333:
    Maybe they don't like to be swaddled. My LO only tolerated it for the first week. She likes to sleep with her arms out and stretched above her head.
    . Same here
  • imagejsaltz82:
    My baby doesn't cry in the morning but I hear her grunting and struggling...sure enough it's her first task of the day to get her arms and hands out of her swaddle...go figure

Methinks if your baby is grunting and struggling she's working on more than one "task". 

The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • My LO has a love/hate relationship with the swaddle, too. It definitely helps him sleep better (also a victim of flailing arm wake-ups), but when I first wrap him, he struggles to get his arms up. I actually find he does okay if swaddled loosely (we've got the velcro swaddle blankets) enough that he can have his elbows bent and hands up by his shoulders - a little wiggle room, but not enough where he'll startle himself awake. Obviously, you need to be careful that they can't push the blanket up over their face.
    Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • You would think but she doesn't have a dirty diaper :
    Together happily for 7 years, Married March 2012--Buckle up! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I came across a half swaddle thanks to this board. Check out www.annaandeve.com. I think that's the site Anna and eve .com. It's been super nice to have one in my house since it gets hot where we live and he has yet to be able to break out of this swaddle. SO says it looks like we put our baby in a straight jacket but IMO, if it works, I won't complain!
  • imagebrevans02:
    My LO hasnbsp;a love/hate relationship with the swaddle, too. It definitely helps him sleep better also a victim of flailing arm wakeups, but when I first wrap him, he struggles to get his arms up. I actually find he does okay if swaddled loosely we've got the velcro swaddle blankets enough that he can have his elbows bent and hands up by his shoulders a little wiggle room, but not enough where he'll startle himself awake. Obviously, you need to be careful that they can't push the blanket up over their face.

They told us in hospital to swaddle with Arms that way..not supposed to have arms in
  • Ours struggles to get his arms free of the regular swaddle, but chills out instantly and sleeps beautifully in the woombie. They're kind of pricey but worth every penny for us. They make it easier to do diaper changes in the middle of the night as well, you just unzip it halfway from the bottom.
  • imageSol1790:
    imagelpowell333:
    Maybe they don't like to be swaddled. My LO only tolerated it for the first week. She likes to sleep with her arms out and stretched above her head.
    . Same here

Same here... DS was good with being swaddled for the first week and also likes to sleep with his arms overhead and legs stretched out.  

We've been transitioning from bassinet to crib, and in the bassinet he is fine with not being swaddled.  The crib is too open and spacious and he wakes up after at most 45 minutes every time unless I swaddle him.  I've been swaddling one arm by his side and leaving one free and he seems fairly happy with that.   

• imageblueandgray:
    If your baby actually does sleep better swaddled, google the miracle swaddle. There's a YouTube video that demos how you use a small receiving blanket to wrap up the baby's arms, then swaddle per usual on top (1 video uses a Swaddle Me wrap, but others just use a regular swaddle blanket - both work). I did this all the time with dd1 once she got strong enough to break out of her regular swaddled and worked like magic. I did it for the first time with dd2 last night and she was back to only waking up once. Heaven!

Could you give us a link to this?  I can't seem to find it, and I'm really interested...

• imagemrshall10210:

imageblueandgray:
    If your baby actually does sleep better swaddled, google the miracle swaddle. There's a YouTube video that demos how you use a small receiving blanket to wrap up the baby's arms, then swaddle per usual on top (1 video uses a Swaddle Me wrap, but others just use a regular swaddle blanket - both work). I did this all the time with dd1 once she got strong enough to break out of her regular swaddled and worked like magic. I did it for the first time with dd2 last night and she was back to only waking up once. Heaven!

Could you give us a link to this?  I can't seem to find it, and I'm really interested...

not sure if this will work since I'm on an ipad

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad0x_zAQC5A 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"