Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Soy milk moms

My daughter is 11 months old & my BM supply is dropping. Her pedi has OK'd to give her whole milk early & I was thinking of doing soy milk instead. As far as I know she is not allergic to cow's milk but I just have heard things about the high hormones in WCM & wanted to avoid that. My question is when I went to buy some the pedi said to just make sure it was "whole milk" & none of the bottles said anything about that. The one I got was the red Silk Original Soy Milk. Is this the right one?? Also, what are your experiences with soy milk & is it ok to do the vanilla flavored one??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Soy milk moms

• So the pedi said it was ok to give her soy milk?  The pedi probably meant that you shouldn't give her the "light" version of soy milk as it would likely have less calories, protein, etc.  I would also not give the vanilla flavor as it is pretty sweet.  She will probably like it more, but it would be just setting her up to possibly only want sweet tasting things in the future. 

I'm a long time vegetarian and have been cutting out dairy & eggs for the past year, but I plan on giving my son regular milk.  For some reason, I just don't personally feel comfortable with giving him soy milk.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks for your input!! I really wasn't sure about the soy milk either but I just knew I didn't want her to have the extra HM's. But I did talk to my SIL & she told me she's going to give her DS organic cows milk. I had no idea they sold that but I feel MUCH better about giving DD this instead. Thanks again!! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Soy isn't the "health food" it's touted to be. It is something I actually try to AVOID, I categorize it along with HFCS and artificial preservatives. It's quite a controversial food.

Organic cow's milk, the cows are not given extra artificial hormones.

And many conventional milk companies don't either, it's something people are starting to take notice of. It may say on the bottle, it may not. I was going to switch milk brands at one point, then I looked on the website of the company I was buying, and they said they don't give their cows hormones.

The "store brand" milk may be from the exact same dairy as the name-brand milk. Check this website: https://www.whereismymilkfrom.com/ 

Goat's milk is another good option.

Or if you really want to go with a non-animal milk, I'd recommend Almond Milk over Soy Milk, by far. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Some people think soy milk can be harmful as it contains a synthetic version of the estrogen hormone.  You should also look into that to help you make an informed decision. 

• imagecerratocc:

Some people think soy milk can be harmful as it contains a synthetic version of the estrogen hormone.  You should also look into that to help you make an informed decision. 

this I personally wouldn't give soy...we use coconut milk :) 

• imageanonsouthernbell:
    imagecerratocc:

Some people think soy milk can be harmful as it contains a synthetic version of the estrogen hormone.  You should also look into that to help you make an informed decision. 

this I personally wouldn't give soy...we use coconut milk :) 

This.  My friend gives her son almond milk for this reason.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"