August 2013 Moms

Double Stroller Blues

I have never had such a hard time committing to something. 

I am thinking of just buying a used one at the consignment shop.

But, I am afraid my carseat wont fit. Not that you can't buy support or make support enough to put a newborn in a stroller. I'm just saying.

Help?!

Do you think a used one would be the worst I could do? I really only have a budget of $100 to spend. And that may very well be my only option. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Double Stroller Blues

• No. I would absolutely go used if I could find something! 

I'm hoping to skip the double stroller. I figure I can wear the baby if DD wants to be in the stroller. I'm buying a folding wagon, instead, and the baby should be old enough to ride in it by spring.  

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was going to skip the double but found an old Jeep tandem stroller at a garage sale for 15 dollars. It's definitely "used" but I think it will get me through the times I need it for.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Loading the player...
  • Strollers are definitely something I think you could buy used. Just do some research to make sure the one you're interested has the features you need.
  • Look on CL, too. Why wouldn't you buy a used stroller? There are lots out there that barely get used at all, especially doubles (it's often a short window where the older child wants to ride in one). It's pretty easy to ask google if your car seat is compatible with anything you see for sale.
  • Used is great - definitely check out craigslist if you have a particular brand in mind.  I wanted a double BOB, but didn't want to buy new.  The BOBs were all redesigned in 2011 and everything I was seeing on CL was pre-2011.  Then I came across a listing for a 2012 double BOB that was used less than 5 times.  I made an offer of $100 less than a new one would be on Amazon and she said yes. 
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetokenhoser:
    Look on CL, too. Why wouldn't you buy a used stroller? There are lots out there that barely get used at all, especially doubles (it's often a short window where the older child wants to ride in one). It's pretty easy to ask google if your car seat is compatible with anything you see for sale.

all of this- I've found most of my strollers are from second hand stores, or craigs list

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • I'm hoping to wear this LO for a while, and just keep the stroller we have, then see what works as she gets bigger. Hopefully by the time we really need one, I won't have to worry about one the car seat can go in. We'll see if I can get that far, but that's my hope. My only concern is if my mom has both, but really, since I plant o breastfeed, there won't be many times anyone else would have both our girls at once without me for a while.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We knew we were going to have a hard time finding a double that would fit our infant carrier and also fit in our trunk. We decided that the best course of action for us would be to go in store, figure out which would fit both requirements (we brought our infant carseat with us to the store and even took some out to our car to ensure fit in the trunk). From there we wrote down which models worked and then scoured craiglist until we found one that was on our list and in great condition and for a great deal. We found our $300 stroller for $80. Score!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"