Parenting

Foods that are good for constipation?

DD has had some constipation issues lately and I would like to treat it naturally and not resort to medicine if I don't have to.  I know that Apple juice and prunes are good but does anyone know any other good ones?  She has been to the doctor for strep and a sinus infection and both times they checked her stomach and didn't find anything, however if it doesn't clear up soon I will certainly take her to her pedi.  
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Foods that are good for constipation?

• Limit processed foods. Make sure she is well hydrated. Try prune juice, pears, pineapple juice, peaches and broccoli.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • coffee, but maybe not good for a baby.

prunes, prune juice. 

also, brown sugar one TSP for every 2 oz works well. (recommended by pedi)

lolololo
  • Loading the player...
  • We have found chocolate or yogurt covered raisins help.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Karo syrup. Our dr. prescribed us medicine dor conatipation in DS and said thats basically all it was.
  • TheBubTheBub member
    Blueberries. Also, DD's pedi told us to limit her milk to one sippy per day and to only drink water the rest of the time. It has helped.

• Oatmeal, black beans, leafy greens (spinach, arugula, etc)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have a great recipe for a veggie muffin that has tons of fiber. DS1 eats one every day. They have oat bran, flax meal, carrots, zucchini, and shredded apple. You can play around with flavors and ingredients, too. I can post it here when I kick DS1 off of abcmouse.com.

image image
  • cantaloupe

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ditto on pears and prunes.  Watermelon is also a good way to let things go.  Trust on that one.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• imageTheBub:
    Blueberries. Also, DD's pedi told us to limit her milk to one sippy per day and to only drink water the rest of the time. It has helped.

Nothing cleans DD out faster than a handful of blueberries.  Just be prepared for messy, dark poop with lots of blueberry skins in it.  It's gross but totally normal. Avoid bananas during constipated times.  They are ridiculously binding. 

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • is this considered medicine: 

because that's my only answer 

• We have major MAJOR constipation issues.

Kiwi, grapes and blueberries are our go to fruits.

I cut out constipation foods like rice cakes, processed white foods like crackers, bananas and cheese and milk.

We always have a water bottle on hand for DS to drink.

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"