March 2013 Moms
Options

how much is LO eating?

For those that BF and are back at work/pumping, I'm just curious, how much does your LO eat during the day while you are at work?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         

Re: how much is LO eating?

• Options
    Anywhere from 1214 oz. I pump about the same in 3 sessions
  • Options
    LO eats 2 to 3 Oz every 2 to 3 hours.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Today was my first day back so I'm not sure if this will be the standard, but he took 4 (3 oz) bottles.

ETA: he ate roughly every 2.5 hours. 

• Options
    ok, well maybe my kid is just a chunk then. :)  I was sending 3 bottles, 4oz each, and then yesterday she ate another 4oz on top of that.  I think we may need to go up to 5 oz bottles...or she could just be hitting a growth spurt, I'm not sure yet.
  • Options
    It's possible she's being overfed, but it's also possible she's a big eater. 16 oz. seems like a lot for a workday. Not sure if she's with family or a center, etc. but maybe ask what kind o cues they are interpreting as hunger (she might just be tired, etc.). I'm pretty sure we will move to fewer but larger bottles, but it will still be 12 oz. total - at least for now. DS1 maxed out at 3 (5 oz) bottles.
  • Options
    I send four 5 oz bottles, he generally drinks three, but sometimes will take the fourth.
  • Options

imageMrsWindyCity:
    It's possible she's being overfed, but it's also possible she's a big eater. 16 oz. seems like a lot for a workday. Not sure if she's with family or a center, etc. but maybe ask what kind o cues they are interpreting as hunger (she might just be tired, etc.). I'm pretty sure we will move to fewer but larger bottles, but it will still be 12 oz. total - at least for now. DS1 maxed out at 3 (5 oz) bottles.

She's with my mom, and I worried about her being overfed too, but my mom seems to know her cues pretty well and is feeding her/putting her down on a similar schedule to what I was doing before coming back to work (we do everything on demand though, so both schedules were set by DD).

She STTN, and only eats a total of 6 times a day usually (7 yesterday), so that could be part of it too, that she just needs more at each feeding.

It was so much easier to just nurse her all day, instead of trying to figure out this bottle stuff! :) 

• Options
    If she's only eating 6ish times a day, that sounds pretty normal. I'm just sorry you have to pump so much, lol (or maybe you are an awesome pumper, I'm not really ;))
  • Options

imageMrsWindyCity:If she's only eating 6ish times a day, that sounds pretty normal. I'm just sorry you have to pump so much, lol (or maybe you are an awesome pumper, I'm not really ;))

I was keeping up with her pumping 3x a day, but now I'm pumping 4 to have a little extra just in case.  It's not horrible, and worth it to have her sleep all night! :)

• Options
    My mom watches LO during the day. I give him a feeding around 6:45 am and pick him about 6:30 (traffic sucks), so she generally ends up giving him 4 - 4 oz bottles, I generally only pump about 12 oz a day..
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageRunner1981:
    My LO eats more than most babies his age. He does 5 oz bottles every 3 hours. He goes longer stretches after his final feeding at around 9 or 10 pm. He's a big eater. Only in the 65th percentile for weight so I'm thinking he got his daddy's metabolism.

This is all exactly my lil guy!

image Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"