Two Under 2

(repost from 9-12) odd behavoir in younger son

I know none of you are my pediatrician. However, I am coming to you all to ask if anyone has had a similar experience. DS#2 has had a low grade fever (100.8) on friday and saturday, today it is gone. The fever hasn't worried us, but DS#2 since friday has started doing something that has me and DH slightly worried. At times when DS#2 gets his head bumped ( I am talking lightly, nothing overally hard) or even as simple as you putting your hand on his head it will at times over the weekend cause him to have his eyes sort of roll back and his body has what I would call tremors, or shakes. It isn't a siezure, or at least I don't think it is. If his head get bonked when he is sitting, he will just "tremor" in place for a few seconds and then continue back to what he is doing. I did call my pediatrician last night, and spoke with the DR on call. At the time, DS still had a slight temp and the pediatrician said it could just be a result of the temperature, which I hadn't heard of...but now today he has no temp but still occasionally will have the "tremors".

I apologize for calling them tremors, it is just the best way I can describe them. Anyone have any idea what is going on? Maybe this is completely normal behavior, I just have never noticed it with our other son.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!

Re: (repost from 9-12) odd behavoir in younger son

• QmommyQmommy member
    Hmmm.  That would worry me too.  I would call the doctor again in the morning.  I hope it's nothing.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • When the doctor is attributing the "tremors" to the fever he is likely referring to febrile seizures. 

If I were you I would try really hard to capture an episode with your video or cell phone camera.  You likely won't be able to replicate it in front of the doctor, but by having some solid visual aids you will hopefully get to the bottom of it sooner rather than later.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Loading the player...
  • I would call the dr and go in ASAP. 
    lolololo
  • Thanks ladies. I decided to head into our nearby ER regardless of what the on call pediatrician was telling me to do. I am so glad I did. DS#2 is home now after a three day stay in the childrens hospital, and after two EEG's a MRI and tons of  blood work he was diagnosed with reflex epilepsy. The fever is just what triggered the seizures to start. Always trust your mommy intuition!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"