April 2013 Moms

Eye color

LO has pretty blue eyes, but all babies have blue eyes, right? What color are your baby's eyes? When do they change color? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Eye color

• DS has blue eyes, is 5 weeks old. His daddy has blue eyes too and it's dominant on my moms side so I'm hoping it stays blue. I, however, have hazel eyes so they could change.
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • DD has blue eyes, too. DH and I both have brown eyes, so they'll probably change, but DD's eyes are the exact same color as my brother's, so I'm hopeful!
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • His eyes are a dark blueish grey right now at 6 weeks. Of course I know it will change, but we are hoping for Blue eyes like his dad instead of brown like mine...
  • My baby's eyes are a bright blue (she's 9 weeks old).  I have a dark brown and my husband has hazel.  The doctor told me at 5 weeks that LOs eyes will stay blue...not sure how she can tell but I won't complain:) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DH and I both have brown eyes. I think this baby will end up with brown eyes because they look grayish brown right now. My 2 year old has blue eyes, go figure!
  • DD's eyes are bright blue. We know they will stay blue because there is no one on either side of our families that does not have blue eyes. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    DS had gray blue and they turned brown. DD has brighter blue so guessing they will stay blue or green like mine. So she will have something hopefully that evidences my generic contribution. Otherwise my kids are total reflections of their dad and his family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRussianMommy:
    DS has blue eyes, is 5 weeks old. His daddy has blue eyes too and it's dominant on my moms side so I'm hoping it stays blue. I, however, have hazel eyes so they could change.

This except my LO is a DD and 7 weeks. My pedi said if they make it to 6 months their eyes will stay that color. She said anytime befor 6 mo they can change.....
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Right now, ds's eyes are a dark blue-gray (5 weeks). DH has beautiful bright blue eyes - and dd got those, too. I'm expecting the same from ds, but remain slightly hopeful he'll look at least a little like me w/ dark brown eyes.
    Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • evertzevertz member
    DS eyes are a very dark blue right now. DH has brown eyes and I have hazel. I'm expecting him to have brown eyes but I'm kind of hoping he'll get my hazel. We'll see...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My eyes are hazel, DH's are honey brown, and Charlie's are dark, dark brown. Ginny's are blue! They started that blue/grey, but they've been getting lighter and lighter by the day. They could still change drastically, but it'll be neat if they keep.

Both DH and I have recessive traits for blue eyes (his father, my grandfather and brother) so you never know!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Our DD's eyes are a dark blue right now, but sometimes they have a greenish tinge. My eyes are green and DH's eyes are blue, so it could go either way. The day she was born, the nurse was checking her over and said that she might have green eyes. We will just have to wait and see!
  • LO is 9 weeks a and her blue eyes are only getting lighter, not changing color. We are pretty sure she will stay blue, as Dh and his parents all have blue, and mine and my parents are bluegreen.
  • LO has steel blue eyes, they are gorgeous. Dad is Vietnamese with dark brown eyes. LO is 3 months... we are keeping FX for blue eyes but think they will eventually turn brown 
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • DS has gray-blue eyes right now.  When he was born they were very dark blue.  

DH has green-blue and I have green... we'll see how they turn out!  :D

• They were dark blue and at 6 weeks started turning light green in the middle.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My eyes are dark brown and so are my husband's. my daughters eyes are already almost the same after starting out dark blue.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • LO looks like he may have blue eyes like me, but he's only 7.5 weeks old, so it could change. DH has brown eyes. My mom, my maternal grandfather and various maternal great and great great grandparents had blue eyes. I'll be excited if his eyes stay blue. 
  • My son was born with dark blue eyes, right now they are turning lighter blue. I have green eyes that change to blue every once in a while, my husband has hazel. His father has really really bright blue eyes, as does my grandma...so I hope they stay blue.

• DD1's were dark grey-ish blue...they turned out blue.

DD2's were grey-brown...they turned out brown.

DD3's are medium blue. I would be shocked if they didn't turn out blue. 

Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"