April 2013 Moms

Final straw-vent

So all of my vents since LO has been born have been about my crazy IL's. They are always criticizing me & comparing me to my MIL. Well yesterday was the last that i could take. We went to visit them yesterday & my mil made a backhanded comment about my LO being light skinned with fine hair (Implying that he's not my husbands) MH is black but I am mixed black & white. I am light skinned with curly hair so there was always a chance that LO would look the way he does. She said that all the people in her family have very dominant genes. I'm not sure where this is coming from, could be because on the problems MH & I are having. I told her that Rite Aid sells paternity tests for $100 so she's more that welcome to purchase one. Then I took my baby from her & left.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Final straw-vent

• WOW. I'm proud of you for saying something. I'd be upset too. How dare she even question the paternity??  Whether or not you are having problems in your marriage this shouldn't even be an issue.
  • Wow your MIL has some nerve! You handled it a lot better than I would have. Actually, you've handled a LOT of situations way better than I would have. You deserve a medal at this point. I'm so sorry for all the stress everyone keeps putting you through lately!
  • Loading the player...
  • Awesome come back!!
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • imageRussianMommy:
    Awesome come back!!

This
  • I spelled emplying wrong & can't edit it

• Lurker from June.

I heart you and your come back.  My DH is mixed black and white and I am white. DD has light hair and blue eyes (I have brown hair and hazel eyes).  I get the looks and half questioning comments.  I hate it and I am sure DH does as well.  We will see what #2 looks like soon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    I think your MIL just bought a one way ticket out of your son's life. Should be NBD since she doesn't think he is her blood relation anyhow... What a witch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetondraluv:
    I spelled emplying wrong amp; can't edit it

No, you spelled it right the first time
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • You should have kicked her in the taco. Black people have such a varied lineage that our children can look like anything. She's ignorant and doesn't deserve to be around your LO if she has any doubt as to who his father is.
  • imageRussianMommy:
    imagetondraluv:
    I spelled emplying wrong amp; can't edit it
    No, you spelled it right the first time

d*mn it, retract retract retract lol 

• Good for you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    We can't wait to meet our Blake Katherine!!
  • You rock.
  • Good for you on the comeback. I'm so sorry you are going through all of this. I would never forget something like that. And next time she wanted to see LO I would ask her why if she doesn't even think he belongs to your husband. But I'm a b**** like that.
  • I know how you feel, my mother and father inlaws don't say anything, but my husband's grandmother has said some underhanded comments. I am half black and half white. My husband is full on Scots-Irish. I am from Cali and live in West Virginia with his family and I get a lot of looks because my son is blondish hair and blue eyes.. everyone has wondered where the blond/blue eyes came from... since my husband and I have brown hair and green eyes. 

That was a great comeback though. Good on ya to stand up towards her. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"