April 2013 Moms

7 week old eating ALL of the time

we are trying to wean the wee one off of formula...slowly, but this guy is eating all of the time. it seems we just can't fill him up! 

anyone else trying to wean off of formula?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 7 week old eating ALL of the time

• Weeks 6-8 are big growth spurt weeks, so it may be tough. Are you moving to EBF, I assume?

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Yes, that is our goal. I had some issues with supply in the beginning, but now it seems like things are going much better. 

I feel like we are always saying this must be a growth spurt, but if that is the case...I'll take it!

• Loading the player...
  • imagesunflower92:
    Yes, that is our goal. I had some issues with supply in the beginning, but now it seems like things are going much better.nbsp;I feel like we are always saying this must be a growth spurt, but if that is the case...I'll take it!nbsp;

I'm in the exact same situation! Also 7 weeks and hoping to get back to ebf. I was giving a bottle of formula at nights before bed to ensure a good feeding and saw results in her sleeping 10p4a for the most part. But the last few days she's been back to bf every 2.53 hours. What's more frustrating is that she doesn't seem to be taking a full feeding and gets super sleepy and uninterested in taking the second breast. Then wants to eat again 2 hours later. I hope it's just the growth spurt!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageblueandgray:
    imagesunflower92:
    Yes, that is our goal. I had some issues with supply in the beginning, but now it seems like things are going much better.nbsp;I feel like we are always saying this must be a growth spurt, but if that is the case...I'll take it!nbsp;
    I'm in the exact same situation! Also 7 weeks and hoping to get back to ebf. I was giving a bottle of formula at nights before bed to ensure a good feeding and saw results in her sleeping 10p4a for the most part. But the last few days she's been back to bf every 2.53 hours. What's more frustrating is that she doesn't seem to be taking a full feeding and gets super sleepy and uninterested in taking the second breast. Then wants to eat again 2 hours later. I hope it's just the growth spurt!

I had the problem of my little one not wanting the second breast so I started a new routine. I'll feed her one side then change her diaper and re-swaddle. The diaper change wakes her up so that she'll finish the second breast. Just a thought! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • I have been trying to stop supplementing so my LO is eating all the time. I have been worried that his constant eating and lack of naps means he isn't getting enough, but my lactation consultant has said just to monitor how many wet diapers LO has. It should stay about the same as before with a minimum of 5 thoroughly wet disposable or 6-8 cloth diapers per 24 hours. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • thank you ladies!

• imageblueandgray:
    imagesunflower92:

Do you have to offer the second breast?? I just let DS eat from one side and when he's done, he's full. I have a ton of milk tho and when I did switch to a second boob, he got green poo. My midwife said it was fine to just feed from one side per session
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"