February 2012 Moms

Anyone having trouble with longer daylight hours?

So, I've done all I can to make DD's room as dark as possible, but light still comes in around the windows.  She fusses and won't fall asleep until the sun is down lately and is up at (wait for it!!) 5:15 because the sun starts to creep around her windows.  Well, I'm assuming that's what's going on.... Anyone else notice something similar?  Thanks!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone having trouble with longer daylight hours?

• Do you use blackout curtains? Eclipse curtains have worked really well for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLena122:
    Do you use blackout curtains? Eclipse curtains have worked really well for us.

This is what did it for us, too. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagelaura.noel:

imageLena122:
    Do you use blackout curtains? Eclipse curtains have worked really well for us.

This is what did it for us, too. 

I hate to spend the money right now... but it's probably a necessity.  Thanks.
  • If you having sewing abilities you can buy the blackout liner material and sew it onto your existing curtains. Or if you don't sew you could safety pin it in place.

Might be a little jerryrigged but probably cheaper than replacing the curtains.

Another option is to cut a cardboard box so that it fits in the window and blocks the light. Again not a pretty solution but it is effective.

• The Eclipse brand from Target is relatively inexpensive. I think maybe 20 a panel? If that's too much you could even just through a dark sheet over the windows and that might help. I actually did that when I worked midnights before I got married and it worked well.
  • On the topic of blackout curtains...how do you get them tight against the wall?  We have blackouts in Allison's room but the light creeps in the sides.  Any suggestions?
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• imageMrMrsandBaby:
    On the topic of blackout curtains...how do you get them tight against the wall?  We have blackouts in Allison's room but the light creeps in the sides.  Any suggestions?

gooood question!
  • I think it was at Target that I saw rods that curve to the wall specifically for black out curtains. I second the recommendation on Eclipse or in the kids section at target they have some too! I think I paid 9.99 a panel on sale. Another way if you don't want to buy a new rod is to make sure the rod is 34 inches above the window and 34 inches outside the frame. I thought it would look funny but watched a tutorial on you tube and DSs look great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"